10 Books you can't wait to be published

Athena

What are 10 books, that you're really eager to read, that have yet to be published. I'm going to have to think about that one, as I can currently only think of a couple, mainly books that continue on series I've started reading.

Hmm, I can't come up with ten straight off, but I'll post the 2 that came to me immediately and maybe edit more in as I think of them.

City of Mirrors - Justin Cronin

The next George RR Martin

and then in the process of investigating the name of the next in the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz, have found out that it's already published!

How did I miss this? Excuse me, I need to get to a bookshop right now!

The Shepherd's Crown by Terry Pratchett comes out in August. It's the 41st Discworld novel and the fifth and final in the Tiffany Aching series. It's also the last Discworld novel completed by Pratchett before he died. It's sad to think there will be no more new Discworld books. At least, none written by him. I don't know if there are any unfinished manuscripts that will be finished by someone else. I kind of hope not, to be honest - it just wouldn't be the same.

The Taming of the Queen by Phillipa Gregory is also out this August. It follows the fate of Catherine Parr, sixth and final wife of Henry VIII, and looks rather interesting. I love her historical novels, and I'm especially fond of the Tudor period, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

Brothers In Blood by Simon Scarrow, the thirteenth book in his Romans series, is out next week - I love this series, although I haven't yet read the 12th book (I have it on Mount To Be Read). He also has Britannia coming out in October, which follows the same characters from the Roman series (Cato and Macro), although I don't know if it's officially canon, or if it's a side story.

Black Widow by Christopher Brookmyre is out next January. There's not a lot of info on it, but I think it's a stand-alone novel - it doesn't seem to be attached to any of his established series.

Driving Heat by Richard Castle, the seventh Nikki Heat novel, is out in September, nicely in time for my birthday.

Diana Gabaldon is busily writing the ninth book in the Outlander series, but I don't know if there's an expected publication date for that yet.

That's only seven books, so three authors I wish would write some more are:

• Brom - I want another beautifully illustrated novel, full of surreal, dark beauty.
  • Suzanne Collins - more in the vein of The Hunger Games would be awesome, please!
  • Stuart MacBride - some more Logan McRae books, please, and also some more sci-fi crime thrillers in the vein of Halfhead would be excellent!

I can't wait for the third book in the Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss, George R.R. Martin to continue with A song of Ice and Fire, the third Justin Cronin and I'm sure a few others I can't think of right now.

I'm always reluctant to continue reading a series when not all the books have been published yet, as I tend to have to reread them again again if another installment comes out, always forgetting what had happened previously.