Good afternoon!

Guest ii

Hello, everyone! After doing things in the wrong order, as is my habit, and replying to some other threads first, I finally made my way in here to introduce myself. Bad manners, I know. I'm shocked myself.

Anyways, the quick info... I'm ii, I currenly live in Finland, I'm 24 years old and I study Economics as my major. I love to read (duh!), always have, but I also have several other interests. Traveling, movies, dancing, shopping (okay, that's more like an addiction, really), fashion in general, art, needlework (is that the correct term? I do tons, sewing, knitting, crochet, embroidery... what ever suits my fancy), decorating, good food and wine, hostessing parties... as I said, there's several things I love in life. I'm addicted on coffee, chocolate, shoes, margaritas on ice, driving fast cars and of course books.

Well, I guess that's me in a nutshell, feel free to ask questions.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know more of you all, and I'm sure I will have a great time on this forum! I can't wait!

Thank you, all! I've now spent some more time looking around and reading the forum and so on, and I am enjoying it more every minute.

Andrea, you got the busy right. Interesting, well, that's always up to you, right? I enjoy my life, and to tell you the truth, the fact that I love all those things is the only thing that gets me through the sometimes crazy schedule. And I have a feeling that getting hooked on this forum isn't going to help with my time management!

And I have a feeling that getting hooked on this forum isn't going to help with my time management!

:eek2: Yep your right there, also your 'To Be Read' list while grow into a mountain!!!

Hello and welcome by the way :D

Thank you!

Maureen, my decorator-friend I worked with said that the usual rule when building/installing new bookshelves is to take the current amount of books and add 20% to get the space needed, with some room for growth. In my case she was silent for a while and the corrected herself "make it 120% more space!" I've known to never walk out of a bookstore empty handed. Then again, that does apply to shoe stores, too! Hmph. I may have a problem.

ii comes from my first name, iiris. It's the Finnish spelling of the name Iris. I like it pronounced the Finnish way, which provided issues to my non-Finnish-speaking friends, so ii (pronounced like the letter 'e' in English) became a handy nick name. It just stuck, I guess. So it's not like "me me me!"

Thank you, supergran! You say industrious, some say crazy. I just get bored easily. I have moved around quite a bit my whole life, and will probably take off in a year again. Right now I'm living in Finland, as I'm finishing my studies here. I don't really have a home country, no roots to speak of.

Well, Kell, there are many. I love the old classics, like Austen, Br

In my case she was silent for a while and the corrected herself "make it 120% more space

Ha Ha! A wise decorator!

ii comes from my first name, iiris.

Oh that explains a lot. I like your name spelt the Finnish way! Never came across that before.

Thank you! And well, it's a list hard to disagree with. I guess my schooling has affected my reading and moreover the books that have stayed with me a great deal. But that's all the more reason for me to be very excited about this all, I can't wait to find new books (and read them, too, of course)!

Hello ii and a warm welcome.

It is obvious you are already fitting in ...reading this thread I felt as if you had always been here, so that's great. It's always good when new members get stuck in. Love your authors and agree with you about horror genre. I am a coward. But there is plenty more to read out there and your bookcase will need a mate!

Enjoy the forum. I am looking forward to reading your posts.

Pp