The Hollow Gods quartet by Rebecca Levene

The Hollow Gods is a fantasy quartet the first book of which, Smiler's Fair, came out last year and book two, The Hunter's Kind, is published 2 July 2015.

These are the spoiler-free thoughts I wrote when I finished Smiler's Fair earlier this year:

The prologue is immediate and powerful and ensures you are going to stick with this story. Then it's a bit of a slow-burning fuse, which is great because by the time the plot threads start going BOOM (and there are a lot of twisty, intriguing booms) you're invested in the characters. Who are all awesome, even if it takes a while to see it (took me ages to warm to Dae Hyo but he'd become a favourite by the end). Eric is brilliant, love his determination to be himself. He's also the character I'd most like to be friends with. Nethmi finds her inner badass (not spoiling how or why). Krish is so many things I can't say without spoiling, but I do kind of want to hug him at times. And then by the end the world is changing and the stage is set for even more epic awesomeness. Also, it has a map! :)

And this is my commentary on The Hunter's Kind (I was lucky enough to get an advance copy). I'm posting a link to it because while it just teases Hunter's Kind it does contain SPOILERS for Smiler's Fair:

http://t.co/VBgDYu7Gao

Catherine