How to embed a video

Talisman

Can anyone tell me how to embed a video from Youtube into one of the threads - I know you can do this as others do all the time, but having searched all the how to sections I can't find anything. I am assuming it is something to do the code button but am not sure exactly what ? !         

For me it's just a matter of copying the link you want to share, and then pasting it on your post. It will show as a URL for you, but once you've hit 'post' and it's submitted, it should come out as an embedded video. 

I want to confirm, what Frankie says works for me too. The forum automatically converts the YouTube link into an embedded video. If you want to check it, press 'Preview Post' (next to 'Add Reply') and see what your post looks like. For me, the link turns into an embedded video, that's how I can check that it works.

And if that doesn't work for some reason, try Poppy's work-around here (as far as I know, only Poppy and I have trouble posting YouTube links by just pasting the address—discrimination against antipodeans, I think ;)).

And if that doesn't work for some reason, try Poppy's work-around here (as far as I know, only Poppy and I have trouble posting YouTube links by just pasting the address—discrimination against antipodeans, I think ;)).

It was Muggle too ....so USA as well as we Upsidedowner's ;)