Alternative film endings

Garcia24

Actually I read somewhere that Cassidy and the Kid  didn't die in the shootout and escaped to live out their lives to a good old age! But I take your point. Yes I have often thought that in films but I will have to think a bit about some specific examples.

Actually I read somewhere that Cassidy and the Kid  didn't die in the shootout and escaped to live out their lives to a good old age! But I take your point. Yes I have often thought that in films but I will have to think a bit about some specific examples.

I had never heard that! Will enjoy it all the more now when I watch it for the 100th time. I also wish Thelma and Louise had lived happily ever after running a bar in Mexico.  

I think the Thelma and Louise ending is what made the movie so powerful.

My hubby wishes The Road had a happier ending, but I think a lot of the time the ending is what makes a film so memorable.

I think the Thelma and Louise ending is what made the movie so powerful.

My hubby wishes The Road had a happier ending, but I think a lot of the time the ending is what makes a film so memorable.

Ooh, I love the ending of Thelma and Louise. I wouldn't change it for anything! I love those crazy gals. :D

I agree it's a great ending, I'm just a sucker for the Underdogs triumphing!

I've been trying to think of films with poor endings that I would like to have changed since this was posted and I can't think of any.

There must be some.

I'm sure there are.

I can certainly name a few films that I would like to see new endings, middles and beginnings in though . . .

I've been trying to think of films with poor endings that I would like to have changed since this was posted and I can't think of any.

There must be some.

I'm sure there are.

I can certainly name a few films that I would like to see new endings, middles and beginnings in though . .

I watched Cool Hand Luke last week Raven, another film I wish had a happier ending.

The shock on Paul Newmans face when the Prison Guard shot  him was awful. I think I may just have a problem watching him die in any film   :cry:

Edited by Athena
Added spoiler tags.

I've added spoiler tags to your post, Garcia. If you post something that could be considered a spoiler, we generally use spoiler tags as to not spoil it for people who haven't seen the film (or read the book). You can use them this way:

Click the third button from the left on the top bar above your post. It should look like a square, with white, green and blue. To the left of it is the eraser button, to the right of it is the button where you can change the font of your post. Then a menu will pop up. Just select 'spoiler' and it should work :).

Another way to do it is by typing:

[ spoiler ]Post Your Spoiler Here[ / spoiler ]

Without the spaces.

So that it looks like this:

This is a spoiler.

I hope that helps :).

I watched Cool Hand Luke last week Raven, another film I wish had a happier ending.

Sacrilege  :P  :D

I hate happy endings  :giggle2:

Alien Resurrection is a pretty dreadful film all round, but the ending is truly dire.  Hybrid?  'A beautiful, beautiful butterfly.'  What??  I always knew Brad Dourif was mad  :doh:  I'd have an alternative ending without that rubbish and that kills off the 'franchise' entirely so it can't be sullied any further.  And for God's sake, someone stop Ridley Scott from making any prequels.  Oh, wait . . .  :banghead:  :D

The shock on Paul Newmans face when the Prison Guard shot  him was awful. I think I may just have a problem watching him die in any film   :cry:

I am sensing a Paul Newman theme here.......

One of my favourite screwball type comedies is Clue (1985), which actually has three different endings, and it's awesome!

One film I got really mad at when it reached the end was My Sister's Keeper (2009). They changed the ending from the book and when I realised what had happened, I got so mad I switched it off and didn't watch to the very end - I just couldn't bear it! I mean, that was the whole flipping point of the book, and they trashed it!!!

The third and final installment of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) missed out the whole scourge of the Shire and Sharkey.

Titanic (1997) - Jack TOTALLY WOULD have fit on that bit of wood. There was plenty of room for both of them!

post-3572-0-26898900-1434134691_thumb.jpg

The third and final installment of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) missed out the whole scourge of the Shire and Sharkey.

I personally think that was a good move, in the same way that ditching Tom Bombadil from Fellowship was a good idea.

Titanic (1997) - Jack TOTALLY WOULD have fit on that bit of wood.

attachicon.gifdb41222a546074e488f413a65aefe8670d79229f4193abc6df31332b85df6d7e_1.jpg

Jack had enough wood for Rose as it was . . .

*cough*

(Also, you can't have that many people die and have both of them live, that would be missing the point of the story's setting).

I personally think that was a good move, in the same way that ditching Tom Bombadil from Fellowship was a good idea.

With you there.  The end of RotK dragged on long enough without adding the Scouring of the Shire back in, IMO.

That's always bugged me too.  :banghead:

It bugged me too - I wanted them both to die!  :banghead:   :giggle2: