Hello fellow book fans!

dogandbooks

Hi everyone,

I'm Catherine. A proper book-a-holic with a 30+ books a year habit (my record is 76) and a TBR pile that's taller than my chihuahua, Chloe (I measure it against her on a regular basis :) ). I'm making an effort to start talking about all the reading I do and as a result I've met some awesome people on twitter, which lead me here! I'm @dogandbooks on twitter, so I figured for consistency I'd use it here, too. Looking forward to lots of lovely book chats with everyone!

Catherine

PS- I read lots of genres but fantasy/sci-fi probably tops the list :)

Welcome here! I've added you on Twitter, though I have to admit I hardly use mine that much nowadays (I'm @GaiaSteinbuch). I love dogs too and I also love fantasy and science-fiction (as well as several other genres :D).

Thanks Signor Finzione, she knows she gorgeous and uses it to her advantage! I followed you back as well :) And that's a tricky question! There's the usual big names, Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, Robin McKinley [this is the point yesterday when I disappeared into an all-day training session, so starting from here today!], JK Rowling, Philip Pullman, PL Travers, Tolkien, Jasper Fforde. But I also loved Garden Spells, Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, Smiler's Fair (I'm reading The Hunter's Kind at the moment and it is glorious and I'm excited for Uprooted next). And beyond fantasy there's the joy of Charlotte Bronte and Jane Austen and I quite like Bill Bryson's history writing.

Hi Garcia24, thanks for the welcome, and right back at you, fellow Catherine!

Hi Athena, followed you back as well :) I'd say historical fiction/history is what I read the most of after fantasy.

Yes, frankie, yes I will :)

Catherine

Smiler's Fair (I'm reading The Hunter's Kind at the moment and it is glorious and I'm excited for Uprooted next). 

I've been steering clear of fantasy for a while, but I read this review of Smiler's Fair a while back and liked the sound of it.  You've just sold it  :smile:

Karsa, it is actually better than that review makes it sound. And I've found that since I finished it it's been rattling around my brain making me love it more. And The Hunter's Kind (book two in the quartet) has me even more enthralled. I'll admit to liking some of the characters more than others, but then there is at least one I didn't much care for in Smiler's Fair which I've become fond of in Hunter's Kind.

Catherine

• 2 weeks later...