What's Up in June? 2015

frankie

I can't believe it's already June! Not much happpening in my life...work, mostly. It's miserably hot out, so our a/c is going almost constantly. Can't wait for fall!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had hospital appointments in the last two days, so have only managed to get bits and pieces done since the weekend. Yesterday was washing my filthy car and spending two hours clearing a very short path, a great workout although I managed to hurt my back.

Today I am wincing as I move, so will be staying active to keep my muscles from seizing up too much. We are dog sitting a gorgeous golden retriever called Ben for four nights from today, so keeping active will not be a problem!  :D

I hope you feel better soon, Chrissie :flowers2:

It's been a busy week again at work but I'm off on Friday and am heading north to the lake.  The dock is going in today and the boat comes tomorrow so it's just in time!  Unfortunately I also have to make time for yard work and putting in a little fencing around the flower beds.  The deer up there are wild about my hosta  :rolleyes: 

Good luck! 

I have an eye condition that requires monitoring. It's called Pigment Dispersion Syndrome . Apparently it's most common blue eyed men, but as I am always an awkward mare, being a brown eyed woman hasn't stopped me developing it.  :D 

I still adore my car, but she was genuinely filthy, having been 'decorated' by the local feathered community!

As regard the path clearing, the garden is mostly my job/pleasure and enables me to listen to lose myself in music and let my garden remind me of my sense of contentment.  :smile:

My hosta is always a victim of slugs, making it look like lace leaves by the end of summer. I try to remember that hedgehogs love slugs, so the hosta's change of look is the price I pay for hedgehogs visiting.  :smile:

My back is feeling better this afternoon, and Ben the golden retriever has arrived. We have enjoyed a short walk in a local field and are enjoying a quiet time before I start sorting out tonight's supper.

That eye condition sounds pretty bad :(. I'm glad you're enjoying some quiet time :).

I can't believe it's already June! Not much happpening in my life...work, mostly. It's miserably hot out, so our a/c is going almost constantly. Can't wait for fall!

Awww :(. Is it normally that hot where you live?

Yesterday I went for a drive and a walk and we also did some shopping. Today I'm working at the computer and I hope to rest a bit in the later afternoon, maybe do a bit of reading.

We are having a heat wave here as well, 90- 102.  I think Seattle is one of the most beautiful cities and the surrounding area- wow!  I love living on the pacific coast :)

Hello, Echo! :D Long time no see, hope you're okay! 

Been quite a quiet day of reading, tackling my room (there's so much stuff I bought back from uni it's probably going to take a few more days!), being with my cats, and my Marine Conservation Society hoody finally arrived- it's so comfortable! Also going to be seeing a sixth form friend, tomorrow- haven't seen him since April, so it'll be nice. :) 

Hope everyone is well!

Hey there, Tiger! Yes, it's been forever, but I'm still around!

Here in WA and the rest of the NW, we've been having hot summers now for the past 5 years or so, plus very mild winters, so definitely not enough rain. We're in a drought, just like CA and OR (though not as severe as in CA!). so we're being careful with our water.

And yes, I agree, Seattle is beautiful!!!

My holiday is almost over … back home now and back to work tomorrow. Need to make the most of today, but woke up with a raging sore throat. With the weather looking very grey outside too, it seems like a perfect excuse to curl up with a cup of tea and book for the rest of the day.

Went for an early walk with Ben, and now I have finished some housework, he is snoozing in my husband's chair!  :D I won't tell if the dog doesn't.

That sounds nice :).

Been quite a quiet day of reading, tackling my room (there's so much stuff I bought back from uni it's probably going to take a few more days!), being with my cats, and my Marine Conservation Society hoody finally arrived- it's so comfortable! Also going to be seeing a sixth form friend, tomorrow- haven't seen him since April, so it'll be nice. :)

I'm glad you're having a nice time :)

My holiday is almost over … back home now and back to work tomorrow. Need to make the most of today, but woke up with a raging sore throat. With the weather looking very grey outside too, it seems like a perfect excuse to curl up with a cup of tea and book for the rest of the day.

It's a shame your holiday is over. I hope you feel better soon :flowers2:.

I've been to an author reading/Q&A/book signing this week and this month is also full of bbq invitations :D

That sounds nice :)!

I'm quite tired today from going out shopping, so I'm going to rest for a while. If I feel up for it, maybe read a book.

We are driving (about 285 mi.) up to Washington, DC on Monday for a 6 mo. Doctor check-up http://www.foxhallinternists.com/default.html. We will drive back Monday afternoon and spend the night in Charlottesville, VA where we have a dental appointment Tuesday at noon and then drive home to North Carolina.

Edited by muggle not

I hope your check up goes smoothly and you pass all checks with flying colours muggle not.  :smile:

We will be handing our niece's dog back tomorrow. Although we now have blonde fur EVERYWHERE in the house, we have loved having him to stay, with all the long walks, and cuddles on the sofa.  He has been very good, despite a few times that he was clearly feeling homesick. We are looking forward to how happy he will be when we arrive at his house. :smile:   

We are driving (about 285 mi.) up to Washington, DC on Monday for a 6 mo. Doctor check-up http://www.foxhallinternists.com/default.html. We will drive back Monday afternoon and spend the night in Charlottesville, VA where we have a dental appointment Tuesday at noon and then drive home to North Carolina.

I hope you'll pass all the tests well :)!

We will be handing our niece's dog back tomorrow. Although we now have blonde fur EVERYWHERE in the house, we have loved having him to stay, with all the long walks, and cuddles on the sofa.  He has been very good, despite a few times that he was clearly feeling homesick. We are looking forward to how happy he will be when we arrive at his house. :smile:

I'm glad you had fun with him :).

Up early as I'm off back to work today.  My sore throat is slightly better but I now have a full on summer cold. :cray: Not impressed. :irked:

Awww :(, I hope you feel better soon :flowers2:.

I'm allright, going out shopping yesterday really tired me so I'm going to try and rest a bit today (aside from chores etc.).

I attended my US history course at college yesterday and really liked it.  Since it is summer it is an intensive course- 2 hours Monday through Thursday :o  We won't do much reading, about 20 pages a week, but the font of the book is so small, I might have to treat myself to the Kindle version (I hate carrying around the book anyway).  So with that and papers due, I don't think I will be finishing Wild by the book club date, in fact, I might have to settle for no book club :(

Hanging out at work and filling in for a girl who went on vacation. Sitting at her desk has allowed me to spend more time on the computer. I've actually worked on the budget and sent duplicate bills to the shredder. I'm also playing with my blog again. This time I'm taking my time getting it the way I want it. Its hella hot at 101F and that automatically excludes any outside activity for me. I tend to break out in a rash (when I sweat) on the back of my neck and little patches on my arms. I forgot about it as I didn't have a problem with it last summer. THIS summer I'm going to be extra careful. It didn't help that I wore a necklace that broke me out. Ugh.

I attended my US history course at college yesterday and really liked it.  Since it is summer it is an intensive course- 2 hours Monday through Thursday :o  We won't do much reading, about 20 pages a week, but the font of the book is so small, I might have to treat myself to the Kindle version (I hate carrying around the book anyway).  So with that and papers due, I don't think I will be finishing Wild by the book club date, in fact, I might have to settle for no book club  :(

I'm glad you're enjoying your course :). It's a shame you won't be able to finish Wild though and go to the book club :(.

Hanging out at work and filling in for a girl who went on vacation. Sitting at her desk has allowed me to spend more time on the computer. I've actually worked on the budget and sent duplicate bills to the shredder. I'm also playing with my blog again. This time I'm taking my time getting it the way I want it. Its hella hot at 101F and that automatically excludes any outside activity for me. I tend to break out in a rash (when I sweat) on the back of my neck and little patches on my arms. I forgot about it as I didn't have a problem with it last summer. THIS summer I'm going to be extra careful. It didn't help that I wore a necklace that broke me out. Ugh.

I hope it'll be a bit less hot for you there soon :(.

This upcoming Friday evening there is a special event at the library going on, so I look forward to go there. They have a sale which I'll be going to :D. I would have liked to participate in their 'murder mystery game', but unfortunately it's so late at night it's not doable for me (and it would be quite tiring socially). They are having a lot of different events as it's "Night of the Library", so they have events for children but also for adults.

I'm glad you're enjoying your course :). It's a shame you won't be able to finish Wild though and go to the book club :(.

I am very sorry about the book club :(

This upcoming Friday evening there is a special event at the library going on, so I look forward to go there. They have a sale which I'll be going to :D. I would have liked to participate in their 'murder mystery game', but unfortunately it's so late at night it's not doable for me (and it would be quite tiring socially). They are having a lot of different events as it's "Night of the Library", so they have events for children but also for adults.

This sounds really fun!  I hope you have a good time!

Hope your appointments went well this week, Muggle! :D

Have fun at your library event, Athena, and you too at your US History class, Anna!  It's such an interesting topic and I would love to take a class.  You'll have to let us know how it goes!

I had to have some unexpected work done on my car last week right before I left for the cabin so that was not fun.  I went in for a simple oil change and left with 2 new tires, a new battery, and new front brakes (not to mention being almost $800 poorer :()

I had a really nice time up north, though, and got all the yard work done plus hang out with the family.  Now the week is half over - man does time fly! 

Hope your appointments went well, Muggle! :D 

Oh no, hope your car problems get sorted, Peacefield. I'm glad you had fun in the north though! :D 

Just been tidying my room today- you can almost see the floor now!  :giggle2: Also going to the doctors again tomorrow for some blood work, then when that's done I'm hoping to go to Pegwell Bay (a lovely nature reserve about twenty miles from where we live) to do some photography. Then on Saturday we're going to Hastings to see my grandmother, and on Sunday got a day volunteering at the zoo, before going for a break in Cornwall for a few days. 

Hope everyone's well- loving the new forum design! :D

I was busy at work today. I had to write all my case summaries (we summarize all of the sentenced sexual assault cases in the county each month...these aren't exactly a treat to write), and then there was tons of paperwork to do. On the bright side, we found out that none of our cases were chosen by the county to be audited this month...which means all of the pre-auditing I did was pointless, but who cares?! :yahoo:

Now it's quiet time before retiring to bed with a book!

I am very sorry about the book club :(

This sounds really fun!  I hope you have a good time!

I hope you get to go another time :(. Thanks :)!

Have fun at your library event, Athena, and you too at your US History class, Anna!  It's such an interesting topic and I would love to take a class.  You'll have to let us know how it goes!

I had to have some unexpected work done on my car last week right before I left for the cabin so that was not fun.  I went in for a simple oil change and left with 2 new tires, a new battery, and new front brakes (not to mention being almost $800 poorer :()

I had a really nice time up north, though, and got all the yard work done plus hang out with the family.  Now the week is half over - man does time fly! 

Thanks, Peacefield :). I'm sorry to hear about your car repairs costing so much :(. I'm glad you had fun with your family :).

Just been tidying my room today- you can almost see the floor now!  :giggle2: Also going to the doctors again tomorrow for some blood work, then when that's done I'm hoping to go to Pegwell Bay (a lovely nature reserve about twenty miles from where we live) to do some photography. Then on Saturday we're going to Hastings to see my grandmother, and on Sunday got a day volunteering at the zoo, before going for a break in Cornwall for a few days. 

Hope everyone's well- loving the new forum design! :D

I hope your blood test goes well, and that you enjoy going to the zoos and seeing your grandmother and Cornwall :)!

I was busy at work today. I had to write all my case summaries (we summarize all of the sentenced sexual assault cases in the county each month...these aren't exactly a treat to write), and then there was tons of paperwork to do. On the bright side, we found out that none of our cases were chosen by the county to be audited this month...which means all of the pre-auditing I did was pointless, but who cares?! :yahoo:

Well done on doing the summaries :), are you a lawyer of some kind?

I hope to rest a bit today as tomorrow I want to have enough energy to go to the library and its events. It's a yearly thing, I'm looking forward to it.

Just got back from Bath where I met up with poppyshake.  The café in the Waterstone's has been converted from a Costa into the Waterstone's own Café W, so we decided to try it out.  It was rather warm out, so we had iced coffee and a slice of their home made lemon drizzle cake which had a thin topping of buttercream and some lemon curd swirled over the top … it was gorgeous! :D  Had a bit of a book swap, and a lovely long chinwag, and a great time was had by all (well, I know I had a great time, I hope Kay and Alan did too :giggle2:).

Caught the train back and now need to sort myself out as I need to go and get some shopping for dinner tonight … I'm thinking portabello mushrooms on toast. :yes:

That sounds yummy Chesil. I love the Waterstones cafe's - they are brilliant for gluten free cakes as unlike most other places, actually have a choice of different ones that DO NOT include brownies. I do like brownies, but it's also nice to have a choice, like everyone else does. I just wish that more of these places also did sandwiches, as the French Revolution ended I thought a long time ago ....

This week though is almost coming to an end. It hasn't been a bad one all told. On Monday the entire staff from where I work had their bi annual Away Day at the local leisure centre. Sadly that didn't mean a spa day, it meant a day of various team working exercises with talks from the CEO and various presentations to various members of staff with long service awards and different things. It was quite good as it happened, and I was pleasantly surprised - and yes, they did have gluten free sandwiches ! The best bit was the drumming at the end of the day - every other Thursday they hold a drumming group for the clients, and they asked the Tutor to let the staff all have a go. The sound of 100 people drumming together for over an hour was something else !

On Saturday then I am off to Cornwall for a fortnight, so tomorrow will be last day of work for a while. On Sunday it is also my birthday, so I will be bringing in cakes and biscuits for everyone to share - a very strange tradition, as they should surely treat me !

Well done on doing the summaries :), are you a lawyer of some kind?

No, not a lawyer. I'm a program assistant for a non-profit sexual assault center. We provide legal advocacy, therapy, and family services for survivors of sexual abuse and sexual assault. We are the main provider in our county, and the largest in the state. We also have a program that sends volunteers from the community to monitor sexual assault cases as they proceed through the courts. It is this program that publishes the case summaries, which are written by my and two other people. There are usually between 20 and 30 every month. It's an interesting, challenging, and surprisingly fun job! :smile:

Today, I'm reviewing closed therapy cases for completeness, and some other random things. I'm so hungry, though! Maybe some tea will get me through until I can get away for some lunch.