What's Up in June? 2015

frankie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Made plans to meet up with my friend this week.  Haven't seen her since the end of September last year, but we've finally managed to sort out an evening we can both make!  Planning to go to the cinema, but still trying to figure out what to see.

Can't believe it's June already. :thud:

I'm stuck in an incredibly dull routine....work, take dog out, study, sleep.....work, take dog out, study, sleep... <yawn>  I'm due to finish my exams in August (if all goes as planned), then I will finally have my life back. :boogie:

I have a new freezer arriving tomorrow. It will replace the ice cold noisy monolith that currently dominates our hallway. I cannot wait for the old one to go.  :smile:

I hope it will be a lot better :)

Made plans to meet up with my friend this week.  Haven't seen her since the end of September last year, but we've finally managed to sort out an evening we can both make!  Planning to go to the cinema, but still trying to figure out what to see.

I hope you have fun :)

I'm stuck in an incredibly dull routine....work, take dog out, study, sleep.....work, take dog out, study, sleep... <yawn>  I'm due to finish my exams in August (if all goes as planned), then I will finally have my life back. :boogie:

Woohoo! Good luck with the exams, it'll be great once you graduate :).

Yesterday we went to Amsterdam and met up with Anna (Begins) :exc:!! It was a great day, we had a lot of fun together :).

I can't quote on my Fire, but Noll, I go through Dublin, so thought of you :) Yes, we had a fine time, I posted more in Gaia's thread.

Alas, the trip comes to an end, tomorrow is my last day in this amazing city. I am hoping for nice weather for a canal ride for my last day.

I can't believe it's June already - another 3 weeks and it will be midsummer and of course my birthday, the big 50. We are going to Cornwall for 2 weeks the day before (June 20th), so I also have that to look forward to, and boy do I need it. We have the Talent show on Friday as well which many of the clients and a few members of staff (including yours truly) are taking part in. Coran and I have been practising our Mop and Bucket Dance for weeks. :giggle2: It's going to be a really good laugh and great fun, which is just what I need. We have our last rehearsal after work tomorrow, which should be fun.   

Edited by Talisman

A light at the end of the tunnel, Bobbly!  And not very far away at all, yay! :D

Your trip sounds fun, Anna, and I would love to visit Cornwall, Talisman.  We have some family friends there and it just sounds so lovely.

I've been home from CA for 2 weeks already and I still miss it.  There needs to be a way to slow down time whilst on vacation, that's all there is to it.  

I was also up at the cabin this past weekend for the first time since September and we had a busy time of mowing the lawn and cleaning out the flower beds.  The dock was also put in the water and next weekend the boat arrives!  Now if only summer would last for the rest of the year... *sigh*

That's lovely Gaia. I LOVE hearing about it when forum friends meet up.  :smile:

Thanks, we had a lot of fun :). It's a shame you don't live closer, Anna!

Ahh I'm jealous Gaia (and Anna!) Glad ye had fun :)

I'm feeling very lethargic and meh today. Not really sure why. Just want to go home and eat junk food :roll:

I can't quote on my Fire, but Noll, I go through Dublin, so thought of you :) Yes, we had a fine time, I posted more in Gaia's thread.

Alas, the trip comes to an end, tomorrow is my last day in this amazing city. I am hoping for nice weather for a canal ride for my last day.

I hope you will have that nice weather! Here it's cloudy but the temperature is nice. I'm not sure what the weather is like up north though.

I can't believe it's June already - another 3 weeks and it will be midsummer and of course my birthday, the big 50. We are going to Cornwall for 2 weeks the day before (June 20th), so I also have that to look forward to, and boy do I need it. We have the Talent show on Friday as well which many of the clients and a few members of staff (including yours truly) are taking part in. Coran and I have been practising our Mop and Bucket Dance for weeks. :giggle2: It's going to be a really good laugh and great fun, which is just what I need. We have our last rehearsal after work tomorrow, which should be fun.

Good luck with the Talent show :)

I've been home from CA for 2 weeks already and I still miss it.  There needs to be a way to slow down time whilst on vacation, that's all there is to it.  

I was also up at the cabin this past weekend for the first time since September and we had a busy time of mowing the lawn and cleaning out the flower beds.  The dock was also put in the water and next weekend the boat arrives!  Now if only summer would last for the rest of the year... *sigh*

I'm glad you're enjoying your summer :).

I'm resting a bit from going out to Amsterdam. I've read for a while, and I've been busy working on my reviews and my book statistics files. It took longer than normally, because I was using my laptop instead of my computer (my boyfriend needed my computer, he had to do some work that his computer was too slow for). My laptop is a lot slower than my computer, and I type slower on it too so it took a bit of time to do all these things. I didn't mind though :).

Aw, not long to go Bobblybear! :D Good luck with everything! 

Nollaig, hope you're feeling better soon. 

Just in the middle of unpacking the huge pile of boxes and suitcases that's taken over my room! :o Finally came home from Plymouth on Sunday evening having spent the weekend in the South Devon countryside with my family at a family friend's house. It was lovely- we went to Paignton Zoo and went on a walk around the countryside and saw lots of reptiles (got loads of photos on my thread). On Monday, I also found out I finished the first year with 79%, a strong first class, which is 10% of the overall degree, so I'm chuffed (especially since I walked out of two of the three exams close to tears because they were so horrible, so I wasn't expecting it!)

Hope everyone is well! :D 

Congratulations on the great results :D!!

I'm doing well at the moment, I just had a great walk with the dogs (and with my dad) :)! It was nice talking with my dad, as I don't get to talk with him that much during the week because of his work (he has a lot of evening appointments as well as of course during the morning and afternoon).

Sounds lovely, Athena, wish I could do the same with my dad :)

Had a great Zumba class last night - so great that I'm glad I have tonight off to recover! Ha!  I'll be back at it tomorrow night, though, and Saturday I'll be planting flowers.  My friends and I are also getting together to have dinner and watch the Belmont Stakes.  Sunday i'll continue the yard work and I'm also going to my last belly dancing class since it's not held during the summer. I'll miss it :weeping:   

Good luck with the Talent show :)

This time tomorrow it all be underway. There are 24 different acts - we are 1 of 3 members of staff (Coran of course though doesn't work there, just me) who are taking part, with the rest clients. Most of them are singing or dancing, but one (our Finance Manager who is a very staid looking man) is doing a magic show, and one of the clients is doing stand up comedy. The 3rd member of staff (our Marketing Manager) has teamed up with a group of clients to sing from High School Musical. We are act no. 17 so will be on during the 2nd half. 86 tickets have been sold, so it's going to be packed solid. I hope I'm not too nervous - I might need the free drink that you get on arrival !   :giggle2:  

Edited by Talisman

Sitting at work waiting til hometime to get the bus to Kerry to see my dog who is being put to sleep this weekend. Might even be done tonight, within an hour of me getting there. Very difficult to sit here knowing that I might be missing her last few hours right now.

You've worked so hard BB and the end is in sight! Will your job change when you qualify?

I don't think it will really change, but that's ok by me. I don't want to advance my career, but I do need the bit of paper if I change jobs (even staying at the same level).

Woohoo! Good luck with the exams, it'll be great once you graduate :).

Thanks. I'll be so relieved when it's over. I won't know what to do with my spare time. :boogie:

A light at the end of the tunnel, Bobbly!  And not very far away at all, yay! :D

I know.....fingers crossed that I pass everything. :D

Aw, not long to go Bobblybear! :D Good luck with everything! 

Just in the middle of unpacking the huge pile of boxes and suitcases that's taken over my room! :o Finally came home from Plymouth on Sunday evening having spent the weekend in the South Devon countryside with my family at a family friend's house. It was lovely- we went to Paignton Zoo and went on a walk around the countryside and saw lots of reptiles (got loads of photos on my thread). On Monday, I also found out I finished the first year with 79%, a strong first class, which is 10% of the overall degree, so I'm chuffed (especially since I walked out of two of the three exams close to tears because they were so horrible, so I wasn't expecting it!)

Hope everyone is well! :D

Thanks, Tiger.  :D  Congrats on your results too.  :D 

Sitting at work waiting til hometime to get the bus to Kerry to see my dog who is being put to sleep this weekend. Might even be done tonight, within an hour of me getting there. Very difficult to sit here knowing that I might be missing her last few hours right now.

So sorry to hear this. :empathy: I hope you get to spend some quality time with her before she goes. :console:

Sounds lovely, Athena, wish I could do the same with my dad :)

Had a great Zumba class last night - so great that I'm glad I have tonight off to recover! Ha!  I'll be back at it tomorrow night, though, and Saturday I'll be planting flowers.  My friends and I are also getting together to have dinner and watch the Belmont Stakes.  Sunday i'll continue the yard work and I'm also going to my last belly dancing class since it's not held during the summer. I'll miss it :weeping:   

The Belmont should be an exciting race. It is so difficult to win the Triple Crown. I hope American Pharaoh is able to do it.