Hello everyone

Garcia24

Welcome here! We have several other people here who read thrillers and crime fiction. I used to read these genres a lot when I was a teenager, but I read less of them nowadays (I call crime fiction a Dutch word 'detective' which isn't correct in English but it is in Dutch, I'm from the Netherlands). What are some of your favourites? Is Yes Man the book from which the film Yes Man was made? Last week I bought it on DVD but I haven't watched it yet.

Edited by Athena

Thanks for the welcome. Yes Man is a funny yet thought provoking book by Danny Wallace. My crime fiction tends to be from Lee Childs, James Patterson and Tami Hoag. I got hooked by Guilty As Sin by Tami Hoag when on holiday around ten years ago.

Fancy myself as a bit of an amateur detective trying to work out who done it.

Hello Garcia and welcome to the forum! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Yes Man. I, too, found it thought provoking and inspirational. After reading it, for a while I said yes to a few things I would've said no to in my 'previous' life :D Ought to re-read the book, really... 

Hello Garcia and welcome to the forum! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Yes Man. I, too, found it thought provoking and inspirational. After reading it, for a while I said yes to a few things I would've said no to in my 'previous' life :D Ought to re-read the book, really... 

Have you read Charlotte Street also by Danny Wallace frankie?

Hi Garcia, welcome!  :smile:

I'm starting to call mine the TBRPFH (To Be Read Pile From 

Hi Karsa, only have Silent Scream by Angela Marsons as my next read so have a very small TBR pile.

No I haven't, but it's on my wishlist :smile2: I also want to read Random Acts of Kindness. Have you read them? 

If you're looking for crime fiction recommendations, feel free to browse the Crime / Mystery / Thriller section if you haven't already! :)

Yes just had a look at the Crime section, saw plenty of great ideas.

Hi Karsa, only have Silent Scream by Angela Marsons as my next read so have a very small TBR pile.

That will grow very soon...we all have HUGE ones..Chesilbeach is a legend on here because she actually cleared hers once  :o

Welcome to the forum Garcia! Nice to see another new face. :)

Is Yes Man the book from which the film Yes Man was made? Last week I bought it on DVD but I haven't watched it yet.

Ooh, the film is brilliant! (I thought so anyway.) Hope you like it. :D