10th Anniversary Writing Competition - Voting

10th Anniversary Writing Competition

As part of the celebrations we are hosting a Book Club Forum Short Story Competition.

Sharpen up your pencils and have your notebooks at the ready!

All entries are to be emailed to me by Tuesday 30th June [Now extended to 14th July] and I will then post them anonymously on the forum. We will then have a 2 week reading and voting period before the winner is announced. The winner will be the story that receives the most votes in the thread.

As this is the 10th birthday for our forum, the theme will be "10". 

That's all we are giving you.  From here on in, your story is your own.

Rules

• You can enter as many times as you like.
  • Your story should be no more than 20,000 words.
  • Your story should contain the selected theme.
  • Your story should be entirely your own work and you should be happy for it to be published on the forum as part of the competition. Once the winning story is announced, it is then up to you if you would like to reveal which was your entry.
  • The competition is open to all members and mods alike and if you would like to collaborate with another member, you can, although you will have to fight it out between yourselves for the prize.
  • The winner will be the story that receives the most votes at the end of the two week voting period and the lucky author/s will receive a Mystery Prize ( I can hear you all Ooooohing and Aaaaahing)
  • Once a vote is cast it can not be changed, so please vote carefully!
  • The email address to send your entries to is katrinabower2000-work@yahoo.co.uk

Please let me know in this thread if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Good Luck and Happy Writing!!

I have no imagination, and I've never had any inclination to write, but I do remember the last short story competition held on the forum, and it was great to read all the entries. Hope to see some good stories again this time! :D

Good luck to everyone who enters!

I'm interested but I don't know if I have the time and energy to participate. I've never written a fictional English short story from scratch, only a Dutch one, longer novels partly, and I've rewritten some of my own Dutch work in English. I did brainstorm about the theme but I haven't come up with any good ideas yet. It really depends how much time and energy I'll have in the next month and whether some inspiration strikes me, and whether I feel confident enough seeing as I haven't written anything fictional in English before.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, this is what happens when you're away from the board for so long... I hadn't noticed this exciting competition and I'm not sure I can squeeze in an entry with just 10 days to go and a new job starting on Monday. :(

I remember the last one being a lot of fun so even if I can't enter I hope everyone has a ball writing their pieces. :typing:

I hadn't noticed this competition until now :( But I am pretty amateur at writing anyway and not sure how I would do writing my own fictional piece. Maybe I'll give it a little go and if I don't like where it goes I'll just trash it. 

As you guys are so keen, then I'm happy to extend the deadline for the competition.

It doesn't seem to have generated any interest at all this time, so I'm hoping an extension will get entries in.

I'll leave the competition open for another couple of weeks and hopefully you'll be able to put something together for us to read.

Remember everyone. It's a short story competition, so it doesn't need to be too long. Start scribbling today!

• 2 weeks later...

How are we all getting on?  

Just under a week left on this competition.  I hope you all have some wonderful tales for us :D

First draft finished as of yesterday! Hoping to have something submittable by the end of the weekend. :D (Have had so much fun with this!)