Horror book set in theme park?

Someone on twitter posted about this, and it's bugging me because I have a vague recollection of something similar, but can't think what it is. Although in mine, I think the ride goes to a different world rather than space?

If anyone can help with either option.? :)

I'm trying to remember a book I read when I was probably in my early teens (about 10 years ago, although that's not to say it was published around them). I obviously don't know the title or author, otherwise it'd be easy to find these days.

So, what I remember is:

• It's set in a theme park, I think the protagonist lives there and it's run by his parents (though don't quote me on that)
  • The protagonist is male, I think a bit quiet/geeky and has asthma (pretty sure that becomes a plot point later)
  • There are some shady men hanging around the theme park (vague, I know)
  • I'm pretty sure there's a new park ride that's themed around a black hole. The protagonist doesn't like this ride, and I think in the end it actually takes him up into space and I think he might use his inhaler to help people breathe...
These are all really vague, fuzzy memories but if anyone could name it I'd be thrilled, it's been bugging me for ages!

The only theme park based horror book I can think of is Funland by Richard Laymon, but the main protagonist is a teenager and I think I remember they're raised by her older sister (I could be wrong) who is a cop.

My first thought was Something Wicked this Way Comes, but I don't think a roller coaster is involved.  So, that's not right.  Sounds like it is probably YA or middle grades. Maybe something by R.L. Stine?

The Fear Park series by R. L. Stine is the ones I was thinking of, but it's been so long since I read my Dutch copies, that I don't really remember what happens in them. They are called The First Scream, The Loudest Scream and The Last Scream.