Swords of Good Men - Snorri Kristjansson

If you have read my recent introduction post, you'll know that I am currently reading 'A Game of Thrones' but I am struggling to keep up with the flow of the book as I don't have a lot of time to put into it.

Whilst looking for alternatives in my local bookstore I saw 'Swords of Good Men' and it was recommended for those who found GoT too heavy (On the little paper tag on the shelf). I was wondering if anyone here has read this book or has read any reviews? I don't particularly wish to give up GoT for something I don't know too much about, or ifs worth picking up.

I read Swords of Good Men last year and reviewed it here. :) I found it fairly enjoyable, but not entirely to my taste.

If you're looking for more toned-down versions of A Game of Thrones, you might enjoy Daniel Abraham's Dagger and Coin series, or perhaps The Black Prism by Brent Weeks - both use alternating point-of-view characters like Martin does, but there are less of them and it's easier to keep track. :D 

I read Swords of Good Men last year and reviewed it here. :) I found it fairly enjoyable, but not entirely to my taste.

If you're looking for more toned-down versions of A Game of Thrones, you might enjoy Daniel Abraham's Dagger and Coin series, or perhaps The Black Prism by Brent Weeks - both use alternating point-of-view characters like Martin does, but there are less of them and it's easier to keep track. :D

Thank you for this - I did check to see if someone reviewed it already but I didn't think to look in s thread like that!

I think I may have to go out and buy it today - even though it doesn't sound like the best of reads, having something that is structured like GoT may just be what I need.