Campaign to find the world’s favourite Agatha Christie book

chesilbeach

From the article and comments, it's good to see a wide variety of titles being chosen...that means I have a lot to look forward to!

Just based on how well known her titles are, I'd have to guess that Murder on the Orient Express, Death on the Nile or The Murder of Roger Ackroyd will win. Or And Then There Were None. I'm not sure which one I'd choose. It's difficult because her writing and plots are so consistently wonderful!

Inver, I highly recommend giving her a go. I think you'd like her books! :)

What I like about the website to vote, is that even though they've picked a shortlist of books they think will be the most popular, they've also given you the option to chose any of her other books too.  Nothing worse than when someone asks you to pick a favourite and then give you a shortlist that doesn't include the one you want.

I've only read one (And Then There Were None) and to be honest, it wasn't my cup of tea, so I haven't bothered with any more.

I thought I'd read maybe 4 or 5 of Agatha's novels, but turns out I've read a lot more: 18 in fact. My most favorite is And Then There Were None :yes: (Closely followed by Murder on the Orient Express.)

The first Agatha Christie I ever read was A Murder Is Announced so that one also holds a very special place in my heart. 

I would also recommend the plays! I've read Spider's Web and The Unexpected Guest and I really enjoyed them both. 

Edited by frankie

I've only read Murder on the Orient Express so far, but I plan to read more of her works :). I own some that I haven't read yet, and I just borrowed an omnibus from the library as well (we'll see if I get around to reading all the books in it though, probably not.).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...