Have You Seen…?

Kylie

^  I never watched the Wayward Pines all the way till the end. It was just such a late time slot, not convenient for me at all :( I'm going to read the books!

Has anyone watched Hunderby? I caught one episode yesterday, very much by accident. It was quite.... horrible :D But then I realized it was a dark comedy sort of thing. I kept watching and thought I want to watch the whole season. Unfortunately I've missed the first two episodes, and can only start from the third one :( 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BFI's top films of 2015. I watched the trailer for The Assassin and it was amazing, and that image for Carol is captivating. It's good that Mad Max: Fury Road's quality has been recognised. I didn't know Chantal Akerman still shoots films, she's a big name but I haven't yet seen any of her work. Which of these have you seen and what would you change?

• 3 months later...

The 13th Tale was on a couple of Xmases ago, it was Ok but they skimmed a lot of the themes in the book.

Yes read the other day that Top of the Lake has got a 2nd series, again with Elisabeth Moss and also now with Gwendoline Christie from Game of Thrones.  The first series was good if a little weird.

I've also heard there'll be a second series of Wayward Pines although not sure where they'll take it after the way the first one ended.

I've also heard there'll be a second series of Wayward Pines although not sure where they'll take it after the way the first one ended.

Wow, that's interesting! I thought it was only going to be one season. It will indeed be interesting to see where they take it.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone watched The Big Short? I have a free ticket to the movies and I can't decide whether to watch this or a Finnish romantic comedy...

Steve watched it on the plane last week and said it was fantastic, and he is a very critical viewer, he rarely likes a film! He mentioned it to his sister and brother in law when we had lunch and they agreed so I'd say it's worth a shot. :)

Steve watched it on the plane last week and said it was fantastic, and he is a very critical viewer, he rarely likes a film! He mentioned it to his sister and brother in law when we had lunch and they agreed so I'd say it's worth a shot. :)

Oh wow, that's a high recommendation! :) What sort of movies does he usually go for? I mean what sort of movies has he previously liked? Just to see if we have a similar taste in movies... 

Oh wow, that's a high recommendation! :) What sort of movies does he usually go for? I mean what sort of movies has he previously liked? Just to see if we have a similar taste in movies...

I can't remember off the top of my head and he's not here to ask, but usually films that are a bit clever and without a lot of chase scenes! Plus, they have to be believable, ones of the main reasons he doesn't read fiction is because he is never convinced by the stories he reads.

I can't remember off the top of my head and he's not here to ask, but usually films that are a bit clever and without a lot of chase scenes! Plus, they have to be believable, ones of the main reasons he doesn't read fiction is because he is never convinced by the stories he reads.

You should make him read Augusten Burroughs's Running With Scissors which is a memoir, and he'd say it never happened, even though it's non-fiction :lol: 

Okay, I'm convinced. I'm going to go and watch The Big Short, based on Steve's recommendation and the fact that I'll probably be able to watch the Finnish movie on television in a few years' time and also: Steve Carell is in The Big Short :wub::D 

You should make him read Augusten Burroughs's Running With Scissors which is a memoir, and he'd say it never happened, even though it's non-fiction :lol:

Okay, I'm convinced. I'm going to go and watch The Big Short, based on Steve's recommendation and the fact that I'll probably be able to watch the Finnish movie on television in a few years' time and also: Steve Carell is in The Big Short :wub::D

I can't make him read anything! I've given up, he picks up the occasional book but generally spends longer whingeing about it than reading it!  :giggle2:

Good luck with the The Big Short, I'm waiting for it to come out on Sky, then I'll watch it. :)

I can't make him read anything! I've given up, he picks up the occasional book but generally spends longer whingeing about it than reading it!  :giggle2:

:lol: At least he reads something, even though he's not keen on recommendations... :D He's still very much a keeper :yes: :yes:

Good luck with the The Big Short, I'm waiting for it to come out on Sky, then I'll watch it. :)

I'm quite decided on the movie, I'll just have to figure out if there's a suitable date and time I can watch it... I only have Thursday-Saturday available! :unsure: