Have You Seen…?

Kylie

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, I searched for ages for this episode yesterday (it's the one I wanted to link to originally) and couldn't find it - today I found it straight away :rolleyes::lol:

Anyway, this is one of the most famous episodes, if not the most famous, starring The Shat in his pre-Star Trek wig days :D

Nightmare at 20,000 Feet

Still don't know what Bungle's doing on the wing of that plane, though :giggle2:

Have you seen all of the episodes, Karsa? I was just reading some of the little plot summaries on tv.com, and they all sound great. One of the episodes, The Long Morrow, was referenced on a Gilmore Girls episode I was watching earlier. Good timing!

Funny, I searched for ages for this episode yesterday (it's the one I wanted to link to originally) and couldn't find it - today I found it straight away :rolleyes::lol:

Anyway, this is one of the most famous episodes, if not the most famous, starring The Shat in his pre-Star Trek wig days :D

Nightmare at 20,000 Feet

The Simpson's version of that is pretty good as well.

Cool! I'll have to watch that again now that I know its history. My favourite Simpson's retelling is Homer in The Raven. :)

I just found out that the story was originally written by Richard Matheson.

There are two series I've never seen but would really like to: The Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock Presents. I love Hitchcock so I'm pretty sure I'll love his series. Has anyone seen either series? Have either of the shows dated over time?

Kylie - I lived in the era when they were on TV. Both are superb TV shows.

:P Hey, didn't I once ask you if you chose your user name based on that ep? I guess you've just answered my question! And I just saw your post on the film thread about the 1971 movie. Did you name yourself after that?

Thanks Muggles. I'm definitely going to look into both series! I can't believe I haven't searched them out earlier - especially Hitchcock, whose movies I love.

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Has anyone watched The Barchester Chronicles? And if so, is it any good? :shrug: It's apparently costume drama, and there's Alan Rickman ;) I came across with the series when Super Hans mentioned it in Peep Show and googled it. Seems like it might be good! :)

Nobody's answered you in this thread, you poor person. But I do remember talking about this... But it was such a long time ago.. But I think it was recommended.

Anyhow: the actual reason why I came to this thread: Has anyone seen the movie The Sure Thing? I came across is by accident, when I was browsing through youtube, trying to see which movies there were that I might like to watch. John Cusack's in it! But is that enough?

Edit: Oh and there's Daphne Zuniga! Wow!

Edited by frankie

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody's answered you in this thread, you poor person.

Aww.  :empathy:  :giggle2:

Has anyone seen The Ninth Gate, starring Johnny Depp and directed by Roman Polanski? I don't recall having heard of it before, but I just found out that it's based on Arturo Perez-Reverte's The Club Dumas. I have the book on my TBR pile, and I like Johnny and am interested in Polanski, so I'm surprised this hasn't come to my attention before! AND it looks like the guy who translates Walter Moers' books from German to English was also a co-writer of the screenplay! I must watch this movie. :)

Has anyone seen The Ninth Gate, starring Johnny Depp and directed by Roman Polanski? I don't recall having heard of it before, but I just found out that it's based on Arturo Perez-Reverte's The Club Dumas. I have the book on my TBR pile, and I like Johnny and am interested in Polanski, so I'm surprised this hasn't come to my attention before! AND it looks like the guy who translates Walter Moers' books from German to English was also a co-writer of the screenplay! I must watch this movie. :)

I have The Ninth Gate.  It's um...a bit jumbled and not the greatest plot...but it's got Johnny Depp  :D  :D

Easy for you to laugh, you asked a question just like I did and you got your answers very quick, too! I asked two things in a row, and ain't nobody gone and said no nothing :(:empathy:   <-  That's me hugging my sad self.

:lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've never seen Cuckoo, I hadn't heard of it before, though when they announced on Facebook that Taylor Lautner was going to be a starring role in the new series, I was suddenly...oh hello lol Love him!

I didn't know that, quite interesting :) I went to see his imdb page but saw nothing of it... I watched the first episode and I'm not fully convinced about the series... I like Andy Samberg and he's actually the reason I wanted to give the show ago, but other than that there wasn't too much in the show to recommend itself to me... I didn't find it very funny, as I imagine I should have. :unsure: 

I didn't know that, quite interesting :) I went to see his imdb page but saw nothing of it... I watched the first episode and I'm not fully convinced about the series... I like Andy Samberg and he's actually the reason I wanted to give the show ago, but other than that there wasn't too much in the show to recommend itself to me... I didn't find it very funny, as I imagine I should have. :unsure:

oh right, yeah, I have to say, even though Taylor was supposed to star in it, the programme summary didn't really appeal to me either! Edited by TintagliaIceFyre

oh right, yeah, I have to say, even though Taylor was supposed to star in it, the programme summary didn't really appeal to me either! I've heard of Andy Samberg, but have never actually seen him on anything...I don't think anyway!! But yeah, not really my cup of tea Have you heard of/seen this programme called Happy Valley? It's a British drama, set in Yorkshire, it was originally on telly, a month, or might have been two, ago. It's got Sarah Lancashire in it, we had it recorded on our tv, just recently watched it, it's really good. Tense, nail-biting stuff too. And some parts in particular are really emotional, real gritty, powerful stuff. We're just on the last episode now!

I thought the premise of the show is only mildly interesting. I can see it getting really good if it's done right and wittily, but at the same time it doesn't strike me as a very original idea. :shrug: You know, I'd heard of Andy Samberg before, too, like I said... But I can't for the life of me remember where I'd seen him! I've checked his imdb page and none of his shows or movies ring any bells...  I just find him utterly cute :blush::giggle2:

I haven't heard of Happy Valley before, so I don't think we have it on TV over here. I really like Sarah Lancashire :) She's been on loads of things. And good British drama is always good British drama :) I'd liked to get sucked into one of those shows but haven't found any on TV at the moment. Mind you, if you like a bit of a giggle and like teen dramas (although this teen drama definitely appeals to adults, too!), I would definitely recommend My Mad Fat Diary, if you ever have a chance to check it out. Amazing stuff! :)

I'll keep my eyes out for Happy Valley, thanks! :)

Edit: Oh crap! I was going to give this thread 5 out of 5 stars, but accidentally hit the 4/5. Sorry! :blush: 

Edited by frankie

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone watched The Following? It's just on and seems rather intriguing :o

No, but I have seen...

You know, I'd heard of Andy Samberg before, too, like I said... But I can't for the life of me remember where I'd seen him! I've checked his imdb page and none of his shows or movies ring any bells...  I just find him utterly cute :blush::giggle2:

He was on Saturday Night Live.  My favorite thing he did for the show, was write a series of shorts for SNL with Chris Parnell.  He is really well known for Lazy Sunday:

https://screen.yahoo.com/snl-digital-short-lazy-sunday-000000173.html

No, but I have seen...

He was on Saturday Night Live.  My favorite thing he did for the show, was write a series of shorts for SNL with Chris Parnell.  He is really well known for Lazy Sunday:

https://screen.yahoo.com/snl-digital-short-lazy-sunday-000000173.html

So funny you should mention him and SNL, because I saw one of the scenes he's in! He was dressed as some old man with a comb-over hairstyle but I could still recognize him, quite oddly, eventhough I didn't remember he's in SNL :D It was so weird!

Has anyone watched The Following? It's just on and seems rather intriguing :o

I watched the first few episodes and thought it was pretty poor, tbh.  One of my colleagues really like it , though, so . . .  :shrug: