Who should write the new authorised Winnie The Pooh sequel?

chesilbeach

To coincide with the 90th anniversary of the first Pooh book, a new authorised sequel will be published next year, but who should write it?  http://www.theguardian.com/books/booksblog/2015/apr/01/winnie-the-pooh-new-authorised-sequel-aa-milne

​This jumped out at me, as we've had a mini discussion elsewhere as there are a few of us who haven't yet read these children's classic books, so perhaps this will be my incentive to start. :D

I'm disappointed they've used an image of Disney Pooh rather than the proper one.  :negative:  :doh:

I'm not sure, tbh.  I adore Pooh but I haven't read the last sequel yet - I guess I will at some stage, but it almost feels like sacrilege.

I'm disappointed they've used an image of Disney Pooh rather than the proper one.  :negative:  :doh:

I agree … we've got a lovely painting at home that one of our friends made for us based on the original illustrations, and I love it, despite not having read the books yet.

I've just remembered that one of the books is on the English Counties Challenge, so I'm making it my goal to read it this weekend. :yes:

I haven't even read the first sequel written after the rights reverted from Disney to the Milne estate. I don't know, no matter how good it is, it's not Milne. And Milne wasn't a particularly great man, but they were his characters. I don't know why additional books have to be published at all - the original is already so watered down by the existence of multiple films and books that feature or allude to Pooh, it's like Pooh is moving into the relatively public domain and everyone gets to have a bash at writing a Pooh story.

ETA: To me, it's counter intuitive to say 'a new Pooh book is being written! We just don't know by who.' *WHO*, and their ability to portray Pooh flawlessly, should be the *REASON* a new book is authorised.

I agree … we've got a lovely painting at home that one of our friends made for us based on the original illustrations, and I love it, despite not having read the books yet.

I've just remembered that one of the books is on the English Counties Challenge, so I'm making it my goal to read it this weekend. :yes:

Oh brilliant .. hope you love it Claire  :smile:

Can only agree about the failure to use one of the Shepherd illustrations (as subtle as the Disney images are crude). I've no interest in a sequel - but there again, it surely can't be any worse than the horrible efforts of the Disney crowd, one of the worst ever transfers to film of a character.