Three tickets to book worlds

Athena

I saw this via YouTube and found this an interesting question.

Imagine Willy Wonka (from Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) gave you three tickets. The golden ticket is for a world from a book where you will spend a year. The silver ticket allows you to spend six months in a book's world. The bronze ticket is good for a three months stay in a book's world.

Which three books would you choose to travel to, one for each ticket?

(I hope I explained this allright. Original source is a YouTube Q&A video from Jen Campbell (the author of Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops and other books), the actual question comes from one of her subscribers (I can't remember his name now, I watched the video a few hours ago, the question is somewhere around 75% of the video)).

A year in "The wind in the Willows"

Six months in Middle Earth (The Shire rather than Mordor, with a trip to Rivendell & The Prancing Pony at Bree)

3 months in the club from "The breathing Method" short story by Stephen King

Hmm . . . I'd definitely go for:

- A year at Hogwarts School (after all the bother with Voldemort has been sorted out, of course :rolleyes: ). I'd totally be a Ravenclaw.

- 6 months in Middle-Earth (somewhere like the Shire or Rivendell, like Ian said, though would love a trip up Orthanc tower just for sh!ts and giggles).

- And, yeah, same as Hayley for the 3 month one - I'd definitely love a trip to Discworld, but wouldn't want to stay long enough to turn into one of its crazy citizens.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes! :D

I'd spend a year in Terry Pratchett's the Long Earth, skipping between worlds. Six months in Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, provided I am made a vampire. And three months in Hogwarts.

Honestly I'd kick out the Vampire Chronicles world soonest because to fully experience that you'd have to spend at least like a decade there, preferably more than half a century. So maybe replace that one by Middle Earth, visit the Shire and Rivendel especially.

Well certainly wouldn't spend any time in The Hunger Games  :giggle2:

I think golden ticket would be Harry Potter and Hogwarts. I'm not sure about the others because I don't read a lot of books where the setting is a whole different "world" that I would want to go to.