Sophie Kinsella

Guest lovesreading06

2 minutes ago, chesilbeach said:

I haven't read it yet, but someone bought it for me for Christmas.  It's actually a reissue under her real name as opposed to the pen name she wrote it under originally.  I've been wondering what to read after my current book, and you've prompted me to try it. :)  I'll let you know how I get on! 

Oh yes, there was another name next to Jenny Colgan's with this one on Goodreads, and I wondered if she co-wrote it with someone, but I now stand corrected! :)   That would be great if you read it next! I will be eagerly waiting for your thoughts on it :) I hope it's good! 

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2.10.2017 at 8:14 PM, Lau_Lou said:

Sophie has a new book out ... I don't know when I just saw it on Facebook! Surprise Me 

So happy! :D

On 3.10.2017 at 11:58 AM, Athena said:

From what I can tell based on the websites I visit, it's not out yet? Amazon UK lists it for February 2018. It sounds good though :D!

I did get a newsletter from Sophie Kinsella, talking about an upcoming children's novel called Mummy Fairy and Me (link to author website).

On 11.11.2017 at 11:34 AM, Lau_Lou said:

I am loving it :)

I knew Sophie would bring me right back out of my slump :wub:

Getting back to old posts, but I recently saw the new Kinsella novel, Surprise Me, was available at the library and I was going to post about it but apparently Lau_Lou was waaaayyyy ahead of me :lol:  In any case, the book is out now, I mean at least over here in Finland the book is available. I've reserved a copy from the library :)

Lau_Lou, did you thoroughly enjoy the Confessions? Have you read any of the subsequent novels? :smile2: 

14 hours ago, frankie said:

Getting back to old posts, but I recently saw the new Kinsella novel, Surprise Me, was available at the library and I was going to post about it but apparently Lau_Lou was waaaayyyy ahead of me :lol:  In any case, the book is out now, I mean at least over here in Finland the book is available. I've reserved a copy from the library :)

Lau_Lou, did you thoroughly enjoy the Confessions? Have you read any of the subsequent novels? :smile2: 

I did enjoy them yes! However, only read two so far. My reading has slowed down so much recently and it isn’t for me not wanting to I just find myself choosing not to. I have made a list of certain books I want to read this year and a couple of the Confessions books are there. It’s very simple but I love how 

Spoiler

She starts them with “Okay don’t panic, do not panic!”

• 1 month later...

I have just read ...Ties The Knot. This was my favourite of the series, so far. I find Becky to be stupidly annoying at times, but she is so loveable and is and always will be a favourite character of mine. Can’t wait to see how the honeymoon goes! 

Edited by Lau_Lou

I'm not sure if you know this, but the honeymoon is described in the free short story Shopaholic on Honeymoon (if you click on 'excerpt' you should be able to read the short story for free from Sophie Kinsella's website), alternatively you can also download the free Kindle version. The next novel (Shopaholic & Sister) takes place after the honeymoon. Maybe you already knew all this and I'm "preaching to the choir" but I thought I'd write this post just in case you (or others) didn't know :) (it's also possible I wrote about it earlier in the thread.. if so, apologies, I can't remember if I did or not!).

thank you for that :) I thought it possible it wasn’t a novel as on goodreads it says book 3.5. I do have a couple of the books in the series in paperback, so will have to check which ones I have. Shall check out her website for the story, that’s great help! 

I had a look on Sophie’s webpage for the short story, and although I found it, I was struggling with keeping the page from sticking so I ended up reading it from another site. However, I read it and all was fine when I got to the bottom it said “next page to chapter 2” I started reading and nothing made sense. She was in Europe and then suddenly back in America so I had a look and it was the start of one of the full length novels. ...To The Stars I think it was. So I spoilt myself a little bit. Just made me so confused :lol:

On 30/05/2018 at 9:26 AM, Athena said:

I'm sorry it confused you! I read the story a while ago and I don't/didn't remember if there was an excerpt of the next book or not. I'm sorry for the confusion!

There was but I think it was two or three books in not the one after the short story. Think you said the next book was Shopaholic and Sister but this was from Shopaholic To The Stars.

Not to worry these things happen :) plus I am sure I’ll still enjoy them thoroughly. 

Oh and that didn’t happen on Ms Kinsella’s site, but another cant remember where now. 

On 7.4.2018 at 2:49 PM, Lau_Lou said:

I did enjoy them yes! However, only read two so far. My reading has slowed down so much recently and it isn’t for me not wanting to I just find myself choosing not to. I have made a list of certain books I want to read this year and a couple of the Confessions books are there. It’s very simple but I love how 

Hide contents

She starts them with “Okay don’t panic, do not panic!”

I'm sorry your reading has slowed down, I hope it pick up soon enough!  I had totally forgotten about the thing you mention in the spoilers :D  I'm glad you're enjoying the series! :smile2:

On 8.4.2018 at 10:45 AM, Athena said:

I completely forgot about that! I love that too.

Me, too :D I'm not sure I'd even noticed it! :D

I'm currently reading Surprise Me. When I started it, I got annoyed and then read the blurb and thought I didn't want to continue reading. But as it's the first non-fiction in English that I've managed to read for more than 20 pages, I thought I'd keep going and I think I did the right thing! I think I've read a little over 100 pages now and I'm really eager to see where the story goes! :smile2:

15 hours ago, frankie said:

I'm currently reading Surprise Me. When I started it, I got annoyed and then read the blurb and thought I didn't want to continue reading. But as it's the first non-fiction in English that I've managed to read for more than 20 pages, I thought I'd keep going and I think I did the right thing! I think I've read a little over 100 pages now and I'm really eager to see where the story goes! :smile2:

I'm so glad you're enjoying Surprise Me! I just pre-ordered my paperback copy a few days ago, it should be here near the end of the month. I thought it was fiction though? Is it non-fiction? Either way I'm excited about reading it :exc:.

19 hours ago, Athena said:

I'm so glad you're enjoying Surprise Me! I just pre-ordered my paperback copy a few days ago, it should be here near the end of the month. I thought it was fiction though? Is it non-fiction? Either way I'm excited about reading it :exc:.

I totally meant fiction! :D  I think I was trying to say non-non-fiction book :D  I mean, I was trying to stress that it wasn't non-fiction, as I have read English non-fiction in the past few months, whereas I haven't read any fiction in English.

I hope you will enjoy the book! :smile2: 

14 minutes ago, frankie said:

I totally meant fiction! :D  I think I was trying to say non-non-fiction book :D  I mean, I was trying to stress that it wasn't non-fiction, as I have read English non-fiction in the past few months, whereas I haven't read any fiction in English.

I hope you will enjoy the book! :smile2: 

Haha, now I get it :D. Thanks :smile2:! I hope you enjoy it too :).