Sophie Kinsella

Guest lovesreading06

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey all... I have just started reading 'remember me?' this evening and I have really got into it, its one of those I can't put down and im only on chapter two haha

LOVED this book K1nS.. It's so fun and such a quick read! I hope you continue enjoying it. :)

• 2 months later...
Madeleine Whickham the swimming pool one. Its the only one i have read and i thought it was rubbish.

oh I liked that one:blush:

Started reading this today and am about 1/3 through it.. I'm really liking it so far! Anyone else read "Swimming Pool Sunday" ?

This is the 3rd book I'll have read from Wickham -- "The Gatecrasher, "Cocktails for Three," and now "Swimming Pool Sunday." Have liked them all so far. Very different from the Kinsella line!

• 1 month later...

I've had an email from Random House about Sophie's new book - thought I'd share it with those of you who aren't signed up for Random House news! :D I read the Shopaholic series but have gone off this genre, but this sounds interesting...

Hi everyone!

I have some news! My new book called TWENTIES GIRL is coming on July

21st. It's about twenty-something Lara Lington, who gets an unlikely

visit from none other than her great aunt Sadie's ghost! Sadie is a

feisty, 1920s girl with firm ideas on fashion, love and the right way

to dance... and she has a mission for Lara: track down her missing

necklace. Lara and Sadie make a hilarious, sparring duo, and at first

it seems as though they have nothing in common. But as the mission

turns to intrigue and then romance, perhaps they can learn some

surprising lessons from each other. It's a fun, sparkly book, with two

great new heroines, and I really hope you enjoy it.

http://info.randomhouse.com/cgi-bin21/DM/y/e7oC0Lp4nX0Dor0BkXt0Eq

Best wishes and happy reading!

Sophie

p.s. How would you feel about getting a sneak peak of TWENTIES GIRL?

Random House has 30 galleys (that's publishing speak for early copies)

and they're up for grabs. Click here to enter to win a copy (offer

expires June 10th).

http://info.randomhouse.com/cgi-bin21/DM/y/e7oC0Lp4nX0Dor0ZPG0Ea

p.p.s.

Are we Facebook friends yet? You can find me here.

http://info.randomhouse.com/cgi-bin21/DM/y/e7oC0Lp4nX0Dor0BkXu0Er

p.p.s.

Look for the Confessions of a Shopaholic DVD on June 23rd.

http://info.randomhouse.com/cgi-bin21/DM/y/e7oC0Lp4nX0Dor0BkXv0Es

Sophe Kinsella is one of my favourite authors. I have just finished reading Remember Me? which I couldn't put down it was brilliant :tong:. I can't wait for Twenties Girl to hit the shops and I sure it will be another fantastic read.

:readingtwo:I am currently reading The Undomestic Goddess which I have read many times :D and is one of my favourites.

I'm really looking forward to Twenties Girl as well. I prefer her stand-alone books to the Shopaholic series, and this one sounds like great fun.

The UK publisher hasn't announced any give-aways or competitions that I can see for an advanced copy, but according to Waterstone's it should be available on 16/7/09. Unfortunately, that will be the hardback version, and not sure when the paperback is due out, but with chick-lit, I think they're pretty quick at moving them to paperback, as they know that's where the main market is.

I've reserved my copy at the library, but I'm already 4th on the list!

Janet, thanks so much for posting the info from Random House. Though I never have much luck at winning anything, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I win one of the early copies of Twenties Girl. I feel like I've been waiting for ever for this book to come out!

I'm really looking forward to Twenties Girl as well. I prefer her stand-alone books to the Shopaholic series, and this one sounds like great fun.

I to prefer her stand-alone books and can't wait for Twenties Girl to be released!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hope you're enjoying it chesilbeach!

Thanks, but I haven't had much reading time this weekend after all, and I've been gripped by another book (American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld), so I haven't had chance to start it yet. Looks like it'll probably be next weekend before I get to it now.