Sophie Kinsella

Guest lovesreading06

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Did anyone know of Can You Keep  A Secret was a film? I saw it on netflix as in I saw the trailer didn't watch it. I thought is that the Sophie Kinsella book? It is adapted from and it is. Think I might give it a go when I am in the mood. 

In other SK related news I have just started the next in the shopaholic series. Shopaholic to the stars. I read 3 of these books last year i just became hooked. Think I'll have finised the series by the end of the year seeing as there are only 2 left after this one. 

Oh wow I didn't know Can You Keep A Secret was out as a film now! I read the book years ago and liked it. Might have to look it up on Netflix and watch the trailer! Then decide if I want to see it or not.

I hope you like Shopaholic to the Stars. I liked it but I didn't love it because of the way it ended, at the time I read it, book 8 (Shopaholic to the Rescue) wasn't out yet, and they are meant to go together. And I don't like cliffhangers so :P. I'm sure I'd enjoy it more upon re-read when I can read book 8 straight after if I want to. I just have Christmas Shopaholic to read, but I wasn't in the mood for it in December (though tbh I was reading a SK book, My (Not So) Perfect Life, with a few other people and I didn't feel like reading 2 in the same month I guess). I liked My (Not So) Perfect Life, I didn't love it like I did with the early Shopaholic books, but I liked it :).

Oh gosh, I think those books came out every 3 to 4 years so I  think I would feel the same if I had read it without been able to have the next one to hand. I don't mind cliffhangers only if I can get the next one straight away. 

Its like watching a drama and you can't find out what happened til the week after, that's bad enough. 

I liked My (Not So) Perfect Life. Although not my most favourite.

23 hours ago, Athena said:

Oh wow I didn't know Can You Keep A Secret was out as a film now! I read the book years ago and liked it. Might have to look it up on Netflix and watch the trailer! Then decide if I want to see it or not.

It's not on Dutch Netflix yet. Hopefully it will be at some point, because then at least I have the choice of watching it or not.

16 hours ago, Lau_Lou said:

Oh gosh, I think those books came out every 3 to 4 years so I  think I would feel the same if I had read it without been able to have the next one to hand. I don't mind cliffhangers only if I can get the next one straight away. 

Its like watching a drama and you can't find out what happened til the week after, that's bad enough. 

Thanks, and same! That's why it bothered me so much. The series had not had that happen before, so I assumed this book would be similar.

16 hours ago, Lau_Lou said:

I liked My (Not So) Perfect Life. Although not my most favourite.

Agreed.