Sophie Kinsella

Guest lovesreading06

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

I've just found out that Sophie Kinsella's written a YA novel! :smile2: It's called Finding Audrey, and here's the synopsis (from Goodreads):

"An anxiety disorder disrupts fourteen-year-old Audrey’s daily life. She has been making slow but steady progress with Dr. Sarah, but when Audrey meets Linus, her brother’s gaming teammate, she is energized. She connects with him. Audrey can talk through her fears with Linus in a way she’s never been able to do with anyone before. As their friendship deepens and her recovery gains momentum, a sweet romantic connection develops, one that helps not just Audrey but also her entire family."

I just finished it two days ago :D. I liked it a lot (review will be posted soon in my thread). It's not as good as Twenties Girl but it was certainly an enjoyable book. I thought it was very well described how Audrey felt, her anxiety issues and such. I was going to post about the book here but you beat me to it :).

• 4 weeks later...

I want to read it :exc:. I will wait until a smaller paperback version becomes available though, it looks like that will be in March 2016.

I've already read Shopaholic on Honeymoon, it takes place between books 6 and 7 (between Mini Shopaholic and Shopaholic to the Stars). It was a nice free read :).

• 3 months later...

I just finished reading the 8th Shopaholic book, called Shopaholic to the Rescue. I was apprehensive about it at first, as online (not just on this forum but also on blogs and YouTube channels I follow) not many people have mentioned this book. Gladly though I liked this book more than book 7 (which I wasn't so fond of, and grew to dislike more over time). One of the issues I had with book 7 (or really, two of the issues), was solved in this book. Book 8 is a bit different from the rest of the series, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read all the books. I enjoyed reading this 8th book, it was definitely better than book 7 and I was happy about that.

• 11 months later...

I'll have to check that out too. I have seen it only as a hardback so wanting to see if I can find it in paperback.

I am currently reading I've Got Your Number. Only just started it but seems to be good so far. Hopefully will enjoy it.

There is a part at the start which had me in a fit of giggles. I cannot say because I do not have the spoiler button as I am on my phone but just to say it happened so early on is a good start.

Kinsella has a new book out, and it's called My Not So Perfect Life. :smile2: I hope it's going to be good, I've just reserved a copy at the library. I think Athena at least will be pleased by the news! :)

Definitely good news :)! I'm going to wait for the medium size paperback release but will probably pre-order it as soon as my usual (Dutch) website has it up for pre-ordering. BD says atm 123 days to go which would be July 13th. I don't know if BD is correct, but I'll keep checking my usual website to order books from and see when it pops up.

I am currently reading I've Got Your Number. Only just started it but seems to be good so far. Hopefully will enjoy it.

There is a part at the start which had me in a fit of giggles. I cannot say because I do not have the spoiler button as I am on my phone but just to say it happened so early on is a good start.

I'm so glad you're enjoying it so far :). I quite liked I've Got Your Number. I hope you enjoy the whole book :).

I haven't read a Sophie Kinsella book for ages.  Didn't she have a YA book out recently too?  Yes, she did, I've just scrolled up the page and seen it mentioned!!! :doh: 

I have to be honest, I think Jenny Colgan has replaced her as my go-to romcom writer at the moment. :)

I have finished 'I've Got Your Number' I really enjoyed it. Mainly because one of the main points at the start I found very unrealistic, and because Twenties Girl is in my humble opinion, just amazing I gave it a very good 4 stars rather than 5.

I loved Poppy, thought she was very sweet.

I want to read more Jenny Colgan. I enjoyed her Meet Me At The Cupcake Cafe series.

Edited by Lau_Lou

I have finished 'I've Got Your Number' I really enjoyed it. Mainly because one of the main points at the start I found very unrealistic, and because Twenties Girl is in my humble opinion, just amazing I gave it a very good 4 stars rather than 5.

I loved Poppy, thought she was very sweet.

I want to read more Jenny Colgan. I enjoyed her Meet Me At The Cupcake Cafe series.

Twenties Girl is my absolute favorite by Kinsella Glad you enjoyes the Number book too! Oddly enough I don't remember anything about it.

I might give Jenny Colgan a try... I can't read difficult books at the moment and I'm starting to get tired of thrillers...

I might give Jenny Colgan a try... I can't read difficult books at the moment and I'm starting to get tired of thrillers...

Sorry to hijack the Sophie Kinsella thread, but if you're going to try Jenny Colgan, I'd recommend her later books starting from 2011 onwards, and as a booky person, maybe The Little Shop of Happy-Ever-After would be a good place! :D

Cupcake Cafe

1. Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe (2011)

2. Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe (2012)

Rosie Hopkins

1. Welcome to Rosie Hopkins' Sweetshop of Dreams (2012)

aka Sweetshop of Dreams

2. Christmas at Rosie Hopkins’ Sweetshop (2013)

3. The Christmas Surprise (2014)

Little Beach Street Bakery

1. The Little Beach Street Bakery (2014)

2. Summer at the Little Beach Street Bakery (2015)

3. Christmas at the Little Beach Street Bakery (2016)

Standalone

The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris (2013)

The Little Shop of Happy-Ever-After (2016)

aka The Bookshop on the Corner

The Summer Seaside Kitchen (2017)

The Cafe by the Sea (2017)

Sorry to hijack the Sophie Kinsella thread, but if you're going to try Jenny Colgan, I'd recommend her later books starting from 2011 onwards, and as a booky person, maybe The Little Shop of Happy-Ever-After would be a good place! :D

This is the one I reserved a copy of at the library yesterday :D 

• 3 months later...

^  I'm currently reading The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan (originally titled The Little Shop of Happy-Ever-After) and I'm really enjoying it! :smile2:

Today I got my reservation of Kinsella's My Not So Perfect Life, and I'm excited to get to it soon! I had forgotten what it was about, exactly, but like what I (re)read in the blurb. :)

I haven't read Sophie Kinsella since Shopaholic and Sister but this thread reminds me that I need to get back to her.  Between my 'heavy' books I like this type of read.  Thanks also, Chesil, for posting the Jenny Colgan books.  I will definitely have to take a look at those as well! :) 

Chesilbeach, have you read Class by Jenny Colgan? I really like the sound of it, but unfortunately they don't have copies of it at the library. I wonder if I should suggest they get a copy or if I should just buy one myself. Unless it's not a good one. I think it's a series..? 

9 minutes ago, frankie said:

Chesilbeach, have you read Class by Jenny Colgan? I really like the sound of it, but unfortunately they don't have copies of it at the library. I wonder if I should suggest they get a copy or if I should just buy one myself. Unless it's not a good one. I think it's a series..? 

I haven't read it yet, but someone bought it for me for Christmas.  It's actually a reissue under her real name as opposed to the pen name she wrote it under originally.  I've been wondering what to read after my current book, and you've prompted me to try it. :)  I'll let you know how I get on!