Ransom Riggs Explores Abandoned Houses

poppy

I have never read any of Ransom Riggs's books but I did watch the video. The video was interesting. I wonder why the houses were vacated as they are beautiful. My imagination runs wild thinking of how it must have been to live in the houses and in some cases what look like mini-castles.

Thanks poppy.. How interesting, I wonder if there are any places like that in the UK.. I actually found it very sad, where had the people gone, clearly so suddenly in some cases, and was there no family to take on the houses, or at least sell them so they were not left neglected?

I'm very much looking forward to September for the third book in the Miss Peregrine series, did I hear a rumour that they were to be made into films?

You're right, Chalie. What could have caused them to leave so suddenly, and to leave their possessions behind?

The rumour is correct! The first movie, at least, is being made into a movie to be released next year. A couple of weeks ago they had only cast a few people, but I just checked IMDB again and it looks like they've now cast most or all of the characters!

Interestingly, in a few of the war books I've read this year, I'm most of them had descriptions of houses and even whole villages or towns, that had been abandoned as people have left towns to escape invasions, with clothes left on the washing line, saucepans of food left on stoves, beds unmade … basically, people have had to flee for their lives and leave everything behind.

You're right, Chalie. What could have caused them to leave so suddenly, and to leave their possessions behind?

In some cases, I guess, the people had just died. I found the old man's shed with all his paints and garden statues that he used to make, the saddest. Although the houses had been trashed in some cases, I was amazed that so mush stuff was still intact in others. I would had thought it would have been stolen or broken after all that time.