What's up in March? - 2015

chesilbeach

Ran some errands this morning, sewing this afternoon (and the sewing machine is working properly again, thankfully!) and now need to sort myself out and get ready for work again tomorrow.  It's been a lovely few days off, but it's gone so quickly.  Hopefully the weekend won't feel too far away… :giggle2:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope everyone is ok :)

I am looking after my nieces 3 days a week, I won't lie, I'm knackered looking after them, its worth it though, they are a lot of fun :)

Fun times, Paula! :D I'm sure you are the world's funnest auntie.

I had a nice day off with equal parts running errands and relaxing at home. I also did some outlet mall shopping and Saturday night I went to fab Italian restaurant downtown. We died over the duck confi arancini and then died again over the eggs and lobster bruschetta. Yum!

Hope you feel better Athena and Poppyshake!

It's the last week of the second term at uni! Cannot believe how quickly the first year has gone- it's been amazingly good fun, and I can't believe how lucky I am to have made lots of really good friends! :D Today I did my final statistics exam, handed in the stats poster that I worked on with some friends, and finished prepping for the final piece of coursework of the year (an oral presentation on Thursday). Now we've completed two out of six modules, waiting for the results of one, and have exams for the other three next term and we've done all the coursework for them. :D  I've also got a bit of a lie-in tomorrow as it's a 11am start rather than the usual 9am, something I'm so grateful for. For the last few weeks, I've been feeling absolutely exhausted and a lot of the time I'll have to take a midday/afternoon nap (and then more often than not I'll still feel so tired that I find it hard to move from the bed for another couple of hours), so I'm hoping to have more energy than that tomorrow. Guess it's just that I need a good break as I have been eating and sleeping well, taking multivitamins, exercising, etc...

Going home on Friday night- cannot wait to see my old friends, family and my cats and to take a bath with all my Lush bath bombs as soon as I get home (one of the things I have missed the most since moving away)! I haven't been home since Christmas as it's 300 miles away for me (and last term I only went home once for a hospital appointment). Also just can't wait for exams to be over just to get back into reading for pleasure!

Hope everyone is well! :D

Feel terrible today .. had a weekend away and consequently overdid it .. especially with the wine  :blush2: Really looking forward to tomorrow .. bound to feel more myself again. 

I hope you feel better soon! 

I am looking after my nieces 3 days a week, I won't lie, I'm knackered looking after them, its worth it though, they are a lot of fun :)

Have fun :)!

I had a nice day off with equal parts running errands and relaxing at home. I also did some outlet mall shopping and Saturday night I went to fab Italian restaurant downtown. We died over the duck confi arancini and then died again over the eggs and lobster bruschetta. Yum!

I'm glad you had some fun :)

Hope you feel better Athena and Poppyshake!

It's the last week of the second term at uni! Cannot believe how quickly the first year has gone- it's been amazingly good fun, and I can't believe how lucky I am to have made lots of really good friends! :D Today I did my final statistics exam, handed in the stats poster that I worked on with some friends, and finished prepping for the final piece of coursework of the year (an oral presentation on Thursday). Now we've completed two out of six modules, waiting for the results of one, and have exams for the other three next term and we've done all the coursework for them. :D  I've also got a bit of a lie-in tomorrow as it's a 11am start rather than the usual 9am, something I'm so grateful for. For the last few weeks, I've been feeling absolutely exhausted and a lot of the time I'll have to take a midday/afternoon nap (and then more often than not I'll still feel so tired that I find it hard to move from the bed for another couple of hours), so I'm hoping to have more energy than that tomorrow. Guess it's just that I need a good break as I have been eating and sleeping well, taking multivitamins, exercising, etc...

Going home on Friday night- cannot wait to see my old friends, family and my cats and to take a bath with all my Lush bath bombs as soon as I get home (one of the things I have missed the most since moving away)! I haven't been home since Christmas as it's 300 miles away for me (and last term I only went home once for a hospital appointment). Also just can't wait for exams to be over just to get back into reading for pleasure!

Thanks Tiger :). I am feeling a bit better than a few days ago, I'm very happy with that.

I'm glad your university work is going well and I hope you can rest a bit in the near future. Have fun as well seeing your friends and family and such again :).

I'm still struggling to feel 'back to normal' :unsure: .. had a better day yesterday and went for a couple of long 'clearing away the cobwebs' walks. Picked up my book again and read quite a lot which is encouraging as haven't read it for a few days and on Monday when I picked it up it seemed to have been translated into Greek  :blush2: We are going to my cousin's tonight for a meal which will be nice .. we haven't caught up in a while so lots to chat about. My legs and arms are hurting though .. I'm not quite sure what I've done to them :unsure: Possibly walking home from the pub on Sat night in new boots might have hurt my feet/legs .. it wasn't a long distance .. probably only fifteen mins or I probably managed to make it twenty but that's all I can think of. Two of my toes have been permanently numb since  :blush2: Lord knows what's wrong with my arms. I am too old for this!! 

More walking planned today (or stumbling) .. I will walk my way back to happiness :D 

Back to work today, and not too bad a day, although I did struggle to concentrate and stay away while I was reading my book at lunchtime. Looking forward to an early night! :lol:

I hope you feel more rested soon!

I'm still struggling to feel 'back to normal' :unsure: .. had a better day yesterday and went for a couple of long 'clearing away the cobwebs' walks. Picked up my book again and read quite a lot which is encouraging as haven't read it for a few days and on Monday when I picked it up it seemed to have been translated into Greek  :blush2: We are going to my cousin's tonight for a meal which will be nice .. we haven't caught up in a while so lots to chat about. My legs and arms are hurting though .. I'm not quite sure what I've done to them :unsure: Possibly walking home from the pub on Sat night in new boots might have hurt my feet/legs .. it wasn't a long distance .. probably only fifteen mins or I probably managed to make it twenty but that's all I can think of. Two of my toes have been permanently numb since  :blush2: Lord knows what's wrong with my arms. I am too old for this!! 

More walking planned today (or stumbling) .. I will walk my way back to happiness :D 

I hope you feel better soon, Kay :friends0:.

I drove to the library this morning and back again, and borrowed some nice books :D. Unfortunately it tired me more than I had anticipated, so I haven't been able to do much the rest of the day. I did however, plant some seeds for vegetables, fruit and herbs. Otherwise I haven't read anything (in a book) today, and I've mainly been resting and staring at the wall and all that, in a hope to get better. I'm not sure what I did, but since this early afternoon my neck muscles are hurting and it's given me a headache too.

Get some rest Gaia. I'm so proud of you. When I first met you on here you didn't go out much at all and now your DRIVING all over the place! You've taken so many great strides. I hope you realize how much you've accomplished!

I spent a few hours at the library. Well, actually, I'm still here, BUT I AM leaving in a few. Buttloads of books and dvds to tide me over. I'm going to pretty much be house bound because hubby will be driving the truck most days to his new job. We turned our Dodge pickup truck back in to the bank as we couldn't keep both with no income. In time, we'll get another one. This works fine for me though because it means I will have to be more circumspect in how I spend my days, either gaddying about accomplishing nothing or being at home and working on projects I have been putting off. At least this way we can save money and if I HAVE to use the truck I can drop him off and pick him up.

I've started another blog which goes more into these new projects et al...come on over and take a look!

Met some friends for lunch today, and one of them was just back from a holiday on the west coast of America - she brought me these! :D I loooooove bows and have wanted Supernatural and Doctor Who ones for some time!

post-4797-0-66467900-1427312672_thumb.jpg

Get some rest Gaia. I'm so proud of you. When I first met you on here you didn't go out much at all and now your DRIVING all over the place! You've taken so many great strides. I hope you realize how much you've accomplished!

I spent a few hours at the library. Well, actually, I'm still here, BUT I AM leaving in a few. Buttloads of books and dvds to tide me over. I'm going to pretty much be house bound because hubby will be driving the truck most days to his new job. We turned our Dodge pickup truck back in to the bank as we couldn't keep both with no income. In time, we'll get another one. This works fine for me though because it means I will have to be more circumspect in how I spend my days, either gaddying about accomplishing nothing or being at home and working on projects I have been putting off. At least this way we can save money and if I HAVE to use the truck I can drop him off and pick him up.

I've started another blog which goes more into these new projects et al...come on over and take a look!

Thanks :), though I'm only driving to a few different places within my town. I used to drive much more and much further. The longest drive I ever did was ~550 km to somewhere in Germany (in one day). I'm not doing that again! (my ex was pretty ungrateful about it too, I drove him there because he wanted to go there). Anyway, I am making progress compared with six months ago, so that's good :).

I hope you will be okay money wise and that you have fun too. I will check out your blog thread. 

Met some friends for lunch today, and one of them was just back from a holiday on the west coast of America - she brought me these! :D I loooooove bows and have wanted Supernatural and Doctor Who ones for some time!

Very pretty!

Not sure if you've seen these, Noll but I favourited them on Twitter a little while ago and I think you might like them: https://twitter.com/CNET/status/574605530267783168/photo/1

I LOVE the blue colours in these shoes.

I've been having a bad headache since yesterday, though today it's even worse. I can think of several things that might have caused it (or a combination of those things) though so far it's not yet feeling much better (despite me trying to alleviate some of these reasons, such as oxygen levels, heat, dryness of air, tiredness, muscle aches). I guess I'll have to try and rest a lot today, I might lie down later.

Forgot to take my reading glasses to work today. :doh: My eyes aren't too bad with my normal glasses, but I did have to sit further back from my computer at work to be able to make out the font … then had to increase the font on my Kindle to MASSIVE so I could read at lunchtime. :lol:  Glad to be back at home with them on now and actually being able to see the screen clearly.

Forgot to take my reading glasses to work today. :doh: My eyes aren't too bad with my normal glasses, but I did have to sit further back from my computer at work to be able to make out the font … then had to increase the font on my Kindle to MASSIVE so I could read at lunchtime. :lol:  Glad to be back at home with them on now and actually being able to see the screen clearly.

That sounds very inconvenient! I'm glad you're back home now and can use the proper glasses for the activity :). I only have one type of glasses, but I need them very badly so I always wear them except when I'm in the shower or asleep etc. I couldn't read without my glasses. I'm glad you were able to change the font on your Kindle, you can't do that with a paperbook. I hope you'll have some fun reading time maybe tonight :).

Gosh, I feel for you. I can work without my glasses, but I still feel totally lost if I misplace them. And all I can think as I look for them is 'searching for my glasses would be so much easier if I had my glasses on'.  :giggle2:

I slept atrociously last night, I think I got maybe 3 hours. Have been awake since 7am after getting to sleep around 4. My parents dropped by my house today, as they'd to bring my dad's sister (over visiting from England for her 50th) back to the airport up the road from my house. They dropped in a bag of stuff I found during the clear-out of my old room, lots of lovely memories. Then I had to go to town, and I briefly considered meeting someone I've been chatting to for a couple months but I chickened out and went home without meeting him :roll:

I ended up sleeping for a couple hours this evening, because I was so tired :thud: Need to drink more water I think.

Gosh, I feel for you. I can work without my glasses, but I still feel totally lost if I misplace them. And all I can think as I look for them is 'searching for my glasses would be so much easier if I had my glasses on'.  :giggle2:

Thanks Kylie.  I wear my normal glasses all the time, but I'm getting old now and the last visit to the optician resulted in reading glasses as well.  I can get by without the reading glasses for the most part, but reading a book or my Kindle, they're essential.  I might have to try and think about varifocals in future, but I'm a bit nervous of them, as they're quite expensive, and I'm not sure I'd get on with them.  :unsure: 

I slept atrociously last night, I think I got maybe 3 hours. Have been awake since 7am after getting to sleep around 4. My parents dropped by my house today, as they'd to bring my dad's sister (over visiting from England for her 50th) back to the airport up the road from my house. They dropped in a bag of stuff I found during the clear-out of my old room, lots of lovely memories. Then I had to go to town, and I briefly considered meeting someone I've been chatting to for a couple months but I chickened out and went home without meeting him :roll:

I ended up sleeping for a couple hours this evening, because I was so tired :thud: Need to drink more water I think.

Awwww, I hope you will get some more rest soon :friends0:.

Thanks Kylie.  I wear my normal glasses all the time, but I'm getting old now and the last visit to the optician resulted in reading glasses as well.  I can get by without the reading glasses for the most part, but reading a book or my Kindle, they're essential.  I might have to try and think about varifocals in future, but I'm a bit nervous of them, as they're quite expensive, and I'm not sure I'd get on with them.  :unsure: 

My dad has varifocals, it took him a bit of time to get used to them, but now he's completely used to them. I don't know if I could get used to them as it does sound complicated, but I thought I'd tell you about his experience.

EDIT: I had a bad headache for most of yesterday and my neck muscles ached for most of the day. I rubbed some cream on my neck, I had a bath and I lied down on bed for a while. I felt better after these things. This morning my neck still aches a bit and my head still hurts a bit, but gladly not as bad as yesterday morning or Wednesday afternoon and evening. I hope it will get better from now on. Michael (my boyfriend) says he also has been having some headaches, so it's possible we both have a virus (yes, another one :roll:), or his headache could have a different cause than mine (if mine is from my neck aches). We'll be visiting my brother and his girlfriend in their new place this weekend, but of course only if we feel better.

Edited by Athena

Finished work at lunchtime, and have managed to get out for a coffee and a read, and visited my dad.  Unfortunately, I'm going to have to pull my finger out and get on with some housework in a minute, but putting it off by catching up with the forum first! :D:blush:

Finished work at lunchtime, and have managed to get out for a coffee and a read, and visited my dad.  Unfortunately, I'm going to have to pull my finger out and get on with some housework in a minute, but putting it off by catching up with the forum first! :D:blush:

Good to see that you do first things first. :)

We are in the midst of March Madness. Sixty Four of the best NCAA Basketball teams started the tournament and we are down to the Sweet Sixteen left. Actually, after last night we are heading to the Elite Eight. My team and my Grand daughters's team was eliminated last night in a close game by a team that is favored to go to the finals. Oh, well, maybe next year.

I'm not a big basketball person, Muggle, but many of my friends are and every conversation includes the word 'bracket,' :lol:

I hope you get a better nights sleep tonight, Noll!  It's nice you were able to see your parents and get a bag of memories delivered, though :D

I've been wearing glasses and/or contacts since I was 13 and not until a couple of years ago do I find reading things close up tricky.  I'm inwardly horrified every time I have to borrow someone's reading glasses to look at fine print  :drama:  I need to get over it, I know!

I'm working from home today and itching to start my weekend.  Just a couple more hours, thankfully!  I'm heading to Zumba class tonight and tomorrow I'm meeting an old co-worker for breakfast.  Sunday is belly dancing class and other than that I'm going to start making a birthday card for my friend's mom.  Every year I make something and I get more and more elaborate so the pressure is on!  I hope everyone has a fab weekend!