What's up in March? - 2015

chesilbeach

Got a busy week ahead!

Today - Grom coming round for Sunday dinner, and my aquafit class this evening

Monday afternoon - rehearsals for the 1940s show

Tuesday afternoon - School Governors' meeting (where I'll present a report on what I saw last week when I sat in on classes)

Friday night - final rehearsal for the show

Saturday night - the actual show! *bites nails*

Got to fit a couple of visits to the gym in there too, and possibly one extra rehearsal depending on availability! My head's in such a spin!

I really enjoyed going into the classrooms last week - I went into all the classes where they were teaching maths (and a couple of others too), and it was great seeing the teachers and kids in action. The teachers really engage well with the children, and the kids, in turn, respond really well to them and really work hard to produce the goods. Not only that, but they all work in individual groups based on ability, so nobody gets left behind or made to feel stupid. I was surprised how much the kids all seemed to enjoy doing maths - it's a subject I always dreaded at school (although I only remember hating it at secondary level - LOL!). The teachers made the lessons fun and informative. I'll look forward to doing it again at some point in the future.

I also may be getting roped into helping with the school Xmas shows this year, as the headmistress has now discovered I used to be an actor and am performing semi-regularly again now - LOL!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also may be getting roped into helping with the school Xmas shows this year, as the headmistress has now discovered I used to be an actor and am performing semi-regularly again now - LOL!

Aw!  I'm sure there is no biting of nails necessary!  And once they find that stuff out- its all over lol

I am getting new furniture today!  :exc: I purchased it in January but its taken this long to arrive :o  So glad to finally get it here- the couch and loveseat are a modern style and a slate grey.  My accents are blue and off white.  Unfortunately, the guy who was supposed to collect the old furniture did not come, so I will have a lot of furniture for a few days until have can make it.  The past few days have been spent hand cleaning and steam cleaning the floors.  Whew!

Got a busy week ahead!

Today - Grom coming round for Sunday dinner, and my aquafit class this evening

Monday afternoon - rehearsals for the 1940s show

Tuesday afternoon - School Governors' meeting (where I'll present a report on what I saw last week when I sat in on classes)

Friday night - final rehearsal for the show

That does sound like a busy week! Good luck with it all, I'm sure you'll do really well :)!

I am getting new furniture today!  :exc: I purchased it in January but its taken this long to arrive :o  So glad to finally get it here- the couch and loveseat are a modern style and a slate grey.  My accents are blue and off white.  Unfortunately, the guy who was supposed to collect the old furniture did not come, so I will have a lot of furniture for a few days until have can make it.  The past few days have been spent hand cleaning and steam cleaning the floors.  Whew!

I hope you enjoy your new furniture :)!

I've got some things to do this week. Today I had an appointment with Ilse. Friday I'll have an appointment with my nurse. I'll also need to go to the library to hand in my loans and I have to go pick up my winter coat from the shop, it will hopefully be fixed. I also have to go tothe pharmacy for more medication and I have to go to the supermarket and a few other shops for other items (such as shampoo, we call this kind of shop a 'drogist' in Dutch but it seems some other countries don't have shops similar to it so there isn't a direct translation for it). I also have a lot of reviews to write (I can manage that hopefully today) and I've got to hopefully do some more reading before I'm going to the library. Then this weekend my brother will get the key to his new apartment that he and his girlfriend will be living in, so that's exciting too. I don't know yet when I'm going to go see it.

After my sewing course yesterday, I've yet again been daydreaming of quilting all day!  Been a pretty ordinary day for me, although quite busy at work all day, visited my Dad on the way home, then had to pop into the shop to get something for lunch tomorrow.  Back home, and catching up with everyone here!

Hope everyone else has had at least a reasonable day. :D

My ankle has been swollen for about two weeks now. I finally went to the ER to get it looked at and she has put me off work til the end of the month. Its safe to assume I no longer have a job seeing as I just started. I also found out that my blood pressure is pretty high and I have a low grade fever. Go figure. The high blood pressure could be attributed to the ankle pain though. Guess I'll have to keep that monitored.

After my sewing course yesterday, I've yet again been daydreaming of quilting all day!  Been a pretty ordinary day for me, although quite busy at work all day, visited my Dad on the way home, then had to pop into the shop to get something for lunch tomorrow.  Back home, and catching up with everyone here!

I hope you'll be able to do some more sewing and quilting soon :)

My ankle has been swollen for about two weeks now. I finally went to the ER to get it looked at and she has put me off work til the end of the month. Its safe to assume I no longer have a job seeing as I just started. I also found out that my blood pressure is pretty high and I have a low grade fever. Go figure. The high blood pressure could be attributed to the ankle pain though. Guess I'll have to keep that monitored.

Awwww I hope you feel better soon :flowers2:!

I went to the pharmacy today and to a few other shops. We came back to then find out my parents' cleaning lady had found a dead mouse upstairs and since she's a bit afraid of them she didn't want to clean it up so my boyfriend did. I would've done it if he hadn't been there, with some gloves it's not too bad just to pick it up and get rid of it. You can't just let it lie there the whole day, it smells like dead mouse already now, the sooner it's got rid of, the better. Now I'm sitting down again, browsing the forum. I hope to rest a bit this afternoon as the past while has been tiring.

One of my colleagues made some pastries last night and bought one in for me to try today, and it was delicious, so I've added the recipe to my collection and will definitely be baking some next time I have the chance.  They take about four hours to make the dough, prove and prepare, so I'll need to make sure I've got enough time to make them.  A lovely breakfast treat, and I was very impressed with his baking skills. :smile2:

One of my colleagues made some pastries last night and bought one in for me to try today, and it was delicious, so I've added the recipe to my collection and will definitely be baking some next time I have the chance.  They take about four hours to make the dough, prove and prepare, so I'll need to make sure I've got enough time to make them.  A lovely breakfast treat, and I was very impressed with his baking skills. :smile2:

What sort of pastries were they Claire? Lucky you anyway .. men bearing pastry gifts .. mmm mmm :wub:  

I'm glad to report that my car did very well at his MOT and only the planned work needed doing on it.  There are a couple of bits that will need doing before next year but at least I have time to complete it.  We also had the flooring done last week, which I'm sooo pleased with.  Our kitchen is very near complete now. just some tiling around the edges and a bit of paintwork and we are done. It's only taken three years :D

I'm glad you enjoyed your treat :).

I'm glad to report that my car did very well at his MOT and only the planned work needed doing on it.  There are a couple of bits that will need doing before next year but at least I have time to complete it.  We also had the flooring done last week, which I'm sooo pleased with.  Our kitchen is very near complete now. just some tiling around the edges and a bit of paintwork and we are done. It's only taken three years :D

Great news :)!

I got outside and cleaned off the patio and did a bit of racking. I'm planning my gardens.

Good luck, it should be nice to do some gardening when the weather is good, do you have a big garden?

I'm going to try to rest a bit today and also work a bit on my homework for my appointment with my ADD nurse tomorrow (I did it all for when I was supposed to orginally have the appointment but I can't quite remember at the moment so I'm going to go over it again)..

I am taking my wife out to dinner tonight at a nice restaurant. http://www.osteriagso.com/

I planted spinach and lettuce in my spring vegetable garden this week. Next week I will plant more spinach and also some radish and spring onions (scallions to some).

Edited by muggle not

Just got back from a morning down in Bridport and Chesil Beach.  It's the food market day at Bridport, so we had a wander around the stalls, and bought some basic provisions (cheese, eggs, bread) and also had a treat each … OH had a raspberry brûlée tart and I had a lemon curd tart (because I don't like raspberries) … the off down to Burton Bradstock, where I had a cup of coffee in the café overlooking the beach and the sea, and had a read of my book.  A perfect Saturday morning. :smile2:

Now going to settle down and try and finish my library group book for the meeting later this week, as I'm working tomorrow so don't have much more free time left in which to read it.  :o 

Coran and I spent an enjoyable day shopping in Guildford, where we enjoyed a nice lunch in our favourite vegetarian restaurant, and added several more books to our respective wish lists. I also treated myself to a rather nice rose gold ring to replace one that I recently lost.   

I'm gathering my wits together so I can head off to work. Not thrilled to pieces with this 1845-0515 shift. At least my ankle feels a bit better and my work assignment will be changed, no more walking all over warehouse creation.

OAN: As a amazon picker, I've had the pleasure of seeing all the really freaky stuff people order. When I say freaky, I mean all that it implies. The things I've pulled out the bins...

The 1940s evening of entertainment was a resounding success. I had loads of people come up to me saying the loveliest things after I'd been on, and I may have landed a paying gig off the back of it too - yay!

And here's a pic of me all dolled up 1940s stylee:

post-3572-0-31719200-1426415043_thumb.jpg

You look lovely, Kell. :)  I've always wanted to put my hair up in a 40s style but it's so fine that clips, combs and even hair bands just fall out, so I always have to wear my hair loose.

Thank you. My hair is incredibly fine and slippy - I have to back comb it all and then spray it solid, and even so, by the end of the night, it's all falling down anyway - LOL!

What you can't see in the picture is the massive red dahlia fixed to the back above my loose chignon - it was half the size of my head - LOL!

I am taking my wife out to dinner tonight at a nice restaurant. http://www.osteriagso.com/

I planted spinach and lettuce in my spring vegetable garden this week. Next week I will plant more spinach and also some radish and spring onions (scallions to some).

Both of these things sound nice :)

After my failed attempt at using an atm last week, I'm going to try again to get to Kerry tomorrow to visit a friend, and then my parents. :)

I hope you had fun :).

Just got back from a morning down in Bridport and Chesil Beach.  It's the food market day at Bridport, so we had a wander around the stalls, and bought some basic provisions (cheese, eggs, bread) and also had a treat each … OH had a raspberry brûlée tart and I had a lemon curd tart (because I don't like raspberries) … the off down to Burton Bradstock, where I had a cup of coffee in the café overlooking the beach and the sea, and had a read of my book.  A perfect Saturday morning. :smile2:

Now going to settle down and try and finish my library group book for the meeting later this week, as I'm working tomorrow so don't have much more free time left in which to read it.  :o 

I hope you had a nice weekend :)

Coran and I spent an enjoyable day shopping in Guildford, where we enjoyed a nice lunch in our favourite vegetarian restaurant, and added several more books to our respective wish lists. I also treated myself to a rather nice rose gold ring to replace one that I recently lost.

I'm glad you had a nice time :)

I'm gathering my wits together so I can head off to work. Not thrilled to pieces with this 1845-0515 shift. At least my ankle feels a bit better and my work assignment will be changed, no more walking all over warehouse creation.

I hope your ankle gets even better soon!

The 1940s evening of entertainment was a resounding success. I had loads of people come up to me saying the loveliest things after I'd been on, and I may have landed a paying gig off the back of it too - yay!

And here's a pic of me all dolled up 1940s stylee:

You look beautiful!

My boyfriend has been feeling very tired the past few days so I've been doing some more chores than usually. I also spent some nice time with him resting on the sofa, reading, and I also spent some time with my family.

Unfortunately sad news on Saturday, all our zijdehoender ('silkies') chicken are gone, taken by the fox :(. It's very sad, they were so sweet. Then yesterday there was more bad news, one of my dad's collegues has passed away unexpectedly :(, it was a heart attack. I also received another unexpected bill for something that I'll have to pay.

Despite these things though I'm doing allright, I have been enjoying my reading this weekend and spending time with my loved ones. This morning I helped my dad translating a German text. Languages aren't his strong point, but I'm allright with them so I didn't mind helping him out. I'm tired from it now but hopefully in the afternoon I can rest a bit (after browsing the forum and doing some chores).

Oh no! So sorry about your chickens and your dad's collegue, Athena :(  Yuck, unexpected bills are the worst kind!  :empathy:

A few weeks ago I read an article about crows who leave a little girl presents since she feeds them. I decided this year I'm going to get some little bird feeders and put seed out for the birds and some special shiny trinkets out for the crows to see if they start coming to me daily. I don't expect to get little presents back like the girl did, but I like the idea of crows knowing my little patio is a safe place to come for food and they won't be shooed away. :) When I lived in Sioux Falls, SD we got oriel birds by putting orange slices out. I'd love to see them again! :) May be a nice, fun spring project.