What's up in March? - 2015

chesilbeach

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp, I'm at home, in bed, with my leg propped up. I got half way through my shift when it (the ankle) began to swell again. I ended up leaving 2 hours early. I can't keep up like this. If I persist, I'll most certainly do permenant damage to my ankle. It. Ain't. Worth. It. When all is said and done, I damage my ankle and they'll can me anyway for leaving early and not making rate (the amount of items picked per hour). They don't care about any of us so I'll be hanged for a monkey before I injury myself for them.

So, I'm just going to find other employment. And I can't accept any job until hubby is done with his training. His new job is sending him to North Carolina for a few weeks. He'll have our truck. DS and his girlfriend start school on 13 April and will be gone most of the day, so.... I am house bound.

Meant to be going out tonight for a much needed night out with one of my girlies! Not sure yet if it's actually going to happen, though, will have to wait a bit longer and see.

It's been an odd week. One of my friends is having a lot of crappy things happen to her at the moment, and several of my friends/former-coworkers have been shaken by the apparent suicide of a 23 year old student in UCC. He fell several flights down the center of a stairwell, in the building I used to work in with them. One of them heard it, one of them stepped out of the elevator into the basement and saw emergency services trying to resuscitate the guy, and just in general it's been quite hard on the people who work there. Very sad thing to happen, my stomach kind of knots every time I try to imagine how he must have been feeling to do that. On top of that, there's things like the German Wings crash which is horrifically tragic in and of itself, but also the reaction to depression and mental illness that its inspiring is, well, depressing. Strange week, full of sadness on a personal, local, and global scale.

Here's hoping things start to look up a bit soon.

Hugs to you, Nollaig! :empathy:

I'm hoooome! I actually got to do some reading for pleasure today, too, rather than a uni textbook. The group presentation went very well on Thursday, and we've now finished three out of the six modules. For the other three, we've got our exams after Easter (and each exam is worth 50% of the marks for their modules!). I've now got three weeks off! On Monday I'll be dyeing my hair with henna (which takes a day in itself... I have so much hair I have to leave it on for upwards of six hours and it takes ages to apply!), some point this week I'll be going out to dinner with my grandparents, and on Friday I'm taking my best friend (who I've been friends with for sixteen years now, I realised the other day!) to one of our local wildlife parks! They have a baby Malayan tapir and some African painted dogs there that she's desperate to see, and because I volunteer for the charity that looks after the park and their sister park (the one I'm normally based at) I can get us in for free! Then on Saturday we're going to York for a week,, and at some point we're visiting Yorkshire Wildlife Park to see the polar bears.

Welp, I'm at home, in bed, with my leg propped up. I got half way through my shift when it (the ankle) began to swell again. I ended up leaving 2 hours early. I can't keep up like this. If I persist, I'll most certainly do permenant damage to my ankle. It. Ain't. Worth. It. When all is said and done, I damage my ankle and they'll can me anyway for leaving early and not making rate (the amount of items picked per hour). They don't care about any of us so I'll be hanged for a monkey before I injury myself for them.

So, I'm just going to find other employment. And I can't accept any job until hubby is done with his training. His new job is sending him to North Carolina for a few weeks. He'll have our truck. DS and his girlfriend start school on 13 April and will be gone most of the day, so.... I am house bound.

I hope your ankle feels better soon :flowers2:!

Meant to be going out tonight for a much needed night out with one of my girlies! Not sure yet if it's actually going to happen, though, will have to wait a bit longer and see.

It's been an odd week. One of my friends is having a lot of crappy things happen to her at the moment, and several of my friends/former-coworkers have been shaken by the apparent suicide of a 23 year old student in UCC. He fell several flights down the center of a stairwell, in the building I used to work in with them. One of them heard it, one of them stepped out of the elevator into the basement and saw emergency services trying to resuscitate the guy, and just in general it's been quite hard on the people who work there. Very sad thing to happen, my stomach kind of knots every time I try to imagine how he must have been feeling to do that. On top of that, there's things like the German Wings crash which is horrifically tragic in and of itself, but also the reaction to depression and mental illness that its inspiring is, well, depressing. Strange week, full of sadness on a personal, local, and global scale.

Here's hoping things start to look up a bit soon.

I'm so sorry :(. I hope things will look up for you soon. 

I'm hoooome! I actually got to do some reading for pleasure today, too, rather than a uni textbook. The group presentation went very well on Thursday, and we've now finished three out of the six modules. For the other three, we've got our exams after Easter (and each exam is worth 50% of the marks for their modules!). I've now got three weeks off! On Monday I'll be dyeing my hair with henna (which takes a day in itself... I have so much hair I have to leave it on for upwards of six hours and it takes ages to apply!), some point this week I'll be going out to dinner with my grandparents, and on Friday I'm taking my best friend (who I've been friends with for sixteen years now, I realised the other day!) to one of our local wildlife parks! They have a baby Malayan tapir and some African painted dogs there that she's desperate to see, and because I volunteer for the charity that looks after the park and their sister park (the one I'm normally based at) I can get us in for free! Then on Saturday we're going to York for a week,, and at some point we're visiting Yorkshire Wildlife Park to see the polar bears.

I hope you enjoy your time off, Tiger :)!

I'm quite tired from being out yesterday, visiting my brother and his girlfriend in their new place. It was a lot of fun! Unfortunately though I had an asthma attack, which I hadn't had in years. I hope to rest a lot today as there was a lot of input yesterday.

Same old, same old day today, not much out of the ordinary, except I was supposed to go to the dental hygienist for my routine appointment today, but they rang to cancel and rearrange it.  That's the sum total of the excitement in my life today. :shrug::giggle2:

We lost about half of our chicken to a predator (between last night and this morning) :(. I'm very saddened by this and we're unsure how the predator got in as the goats were there to scare them off (according to sources, the goats scare off predators like foxes). Just a few days ago, another type of predator was captured not far from here, so that one can't have done it. I'm saddened by this cruely and loss and I'm unsure what we can do about it to prevent it from happening again. We never had these problems the first few years that we lived here and had chicken, I'm not sure what's happened but in the past five years (we live here for about 15 years now), but we've had a lot of problems with predators killing our chicken.

The wind has blown our fence partially over but in this wind, it's impossible to try and fix it.  It's supposed to blow over by Saturday, so hoping we'll be able to fix it at the weekend.  In better news, we've had no downstairs lights for the last five days, so we've had fairy lights and battery operated lights to try and get by with, but the electrician came this morning and found the problem, so I won't have to shower in the dark any more! :D

Sorry to hear about your chicken Athena - I am not sure sadly though what can be done.

As for the wind, it was pretty blowy last night and most of today. Actually though I find it exhilarating to be out and about in these conditions -  it reminds me of Lundy, the island that I love so much, which is frequently like this. I have been trying to talk Coran into going there for Christmas this year, now that I don't have to work at that time of year, but need to get car serviced first to see if I can afford it. :cry:

Last year they had a spoof of Britain's Got Talent at the place where I work, which both staff and clients were invited to enter. I was too much of a chicken last year as I hadn't been there that long, but this year I have decided to give it a go. Coran and I will be entering as a double act (hopefully this will be allowed, as Coran doesn't work or volunteer there) called The Mop Heads, and we shall be doing The Mop and Bucket Dance. :giggle2:  It should be a right laugh and a good excuse to make a complete fool of myself.     

We lost about half of our chicken to a predator (between last night and this morning) :(. I'm very saddened by this and we're unsure how the predator got in as the goats were there to scare them off (according to sources, the goats scare off predators like foxes).

This is so sad, especially with what happened a few weeks ago :(  I wonder if it was the same predator (like a fox) from the last time, just remembering where the last ones were.

I have a TON of school work to get done before Spring Break begins on the 6th- in my Computer Lab (online companion class to my English 1 course) and also need to edit some of my current essay, which will be the last one due before finals.  Then, I am off on holiday!  Trying to figure out which books to take :lol: Don't most women wonder which SHOES to bring??

The wind has blown our fence partially over but in this wind, it's impossible to try and fix it.  It's supposed to blow over by Saturday, so hoping we'll be able to fix it at the weekend.  In better news, we've had no downstairs lights for the last five days, so we've had fairy lights and battery operated lights to try and get by with, but the electrician came this morning and found the problem, so I won't have to shower in the dark any more! :D

I hope the fence will be fixed soon, and it's great you have downstairs light again :).

Sorry to hear about your chicken Athena - I am not sure sadly though what can be done.

As for the wind, it was pretty blowy last night and most of today. Actually though I find it exhilarating to be out and about in these conditions -  it reminds me of Lundy, the island that I love so much, which is frequently like this. I have been trying to talk Coran into going there for Christmas this year, now that I don't have to work at that time of year, but need to get car serviced first to see if I can afford it. :cry:

Last year they had a spoof of Britain's Got Talent at the place where I work, which both staff and clients were invited to enter. I was too much of a chicken last year as I hadn't been there that long, but this year I have decided to give it a go. Coran and I will be entering as a double act (hopefully this will be allowed, as Coran doesn't work or volunteer there) called The Mop Heads, and we shall be doing The Mop and Bucket Dance. :giggle2:  It should be a right laugh and a good excuse to make a complete fool of myself.

Thanks, I am not sure either.

I hope you'll have fun at the talent show :giggle2:.

This is so sad, especially with what happened a few weeks ago :(  I wonder if it was the same predator (like a fox) from the last time, just remembering where the last ones were.

I have a TON of school work to get done before Spring Break begins on the 6th- in my Computer Lab (online companion class to my English 1 course) and also need to edit some of my current essay, which will be the last one due before finals.  Then, I am off on holiday!  Trying to figure out which books to take :lol: Don't most women wonder which SHOES to bring??

Thanks, it could be, we are not sure.

Good luck with your school work! And :lol: I always wonder more about which books to bring on a holiday than about which shoes to bring (I normally just wear the same pair of shoes most of the time.). I wish you a lot of fun on your holiday :exc:!!

This morning I'm doing a lot on the computer, aside from browsing the forum there are emails to get to and I'm going to work on my reading statistics post I'll be posting later when it's done (in my book blog). Hopefully I'll be done with all of this before the day is over, then in the later afternoon I plan to do some reading.

My Easter weekend starts here!  I haven't really planned anything, which is unlike me … I like to have a vague idea of what I want to do, and roughly when I want to do it whenever I'm off work, but this time, I just haven't settled on anything.  Will see what OH wants to do, and fit around him, but otherwise, I'll need to have a think about it this evening.  I hate not having a plan as I tend to end up doing nothing and just wasting time on the computer or watching television, and before I know it the weekend's gone.

Edit: Whoops! Posted in the wrong month

Edited by chesilbeach