Your Book Activity - March 2015

chesilbeach

Finished Only Ever Yours. Holy hell! :thud: I need to let it all sink in. :thud:

Yes, that's the correct response. :yes:

I looked this one up because I was interested and a lot of people were talking about it and it isn't available in the US as a physical book until May 12 :(

Hm... for Kindle as well.  Greatly disappointed as the synopsis sounds like something I'd be into.

What a shame, although it's not that far away … eight weeks or so?

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished Dark Tourist yesterday evening, and The Wolf Princess during my lunch break, so I'm free to read Prudence now!  :jump:

Enjoy!  (I don't know why it wouldn't let me put this above!)  I can't wait to start something new- its always so exciting!

Enjoy!  (I don't know why it wouldn't let me put this above!)  I can't wait to start something new- its always so exciting!

I'm so excited … I pre-ordered it ages ago, so I can't wait to read it!  I sneaked a few pages in earlier, and it's started off brilliantly, and I think I'm in safe hands. :D

And new release books are so expensive. My wallet is not very deep :lol:

I'm hoping my library buys a few copies. I'm sure I can request it...

I finished The Rosie Effect last night and I'm continuing where I left off with Plain Truth now. 

I looked this one up because I was interested and a lot of people were talking about it and it isn't available in the US as a physical book until May 12 :(

That's a shame but it's something to look forever to :)

Finished Only Ever Yours. Holy hell! :thud: I need to let it all sink in. :thud:

:lol:

Hm... for Kindle as well.  Greatly disappointed as the synopsis sounds like something I'd be into.

It'd be worse if it was NEVER going to be for sale!

That's forever :hissyfit:  :tongue:

:lol:

I'm almost two thirds of the way through Off To Be The Wizard. Absolutely love it, totally suits my sense of humour, and such a unique take on the fantasy genre.

I'm almost two thirds of the way through Off To Be The Wizard. Absolutely love it, totally suits my sense of humour, and such a unique take on the fantasy genre.

I'm so happy you're enjoying this :)

Finished Reaper man by Terry Pratchett this morning. Such a great writer, no wonder his books have suddenly seen an increase in sales. I've had the last 12 discworld books in my basket on book depository for weeks and since his passing they've steadly become unavailable.

Wow, that makes sense, I guess a lot of people are suddenly buying his books. I hope they will have new copies for you in stock soon.

I'm nearly halfway through Allegiant.

I look forward to hear read your thoughts on it when you've finished it.

I'm about two thirds into Elantris by Brandon Sanderson. It's really interesting and the past few chapters have contained some amazing plot twists I didn't see coming and wasn't expecting. I look forward to read more in it later today, I want to find out what's going to happen in the story!

Haven't read in ages, just started 'The Surgeon' by 'Tess Gerritsen'. 125 pages in and although I'm not gripped, i'll read it, to its conclusion.

Next book on my 'to read' list, is 'The Poet' by 'Michael connelly', got high hopes for this one.

Can anyone recommend some crime/thriller authors?

Cheers.

Haven't read in ages, just started 'The Surgeon' by 'Tess Gerritsen'. 125 pages in and although I'm not gripped, i'll read it, to its conclusion.

Next book on my 'to read' list, is 'The Poet' by 'Michael connelly', got high hopes for this one.

Cheers.

Hello and welcome to the forum! You could go and check this thread out: Looking for Suggestions on New Thrillers/Mysteries. See if you find anything there that suits you :)

Edit: You could also check out the general Crime/Mystery/Thriller section :) 

Edited by frankie

Welcome, Frogsborne :D

Last week I finished Speaking from Among the Bones by Alan Bradley and I loved it, unsurprisingly.  Currently I'm reading Linger by Maggie Steifvater, which is the second book in that series, and I'm on track to finish it this weekend.  Then it's on to the next and newest Alan Bradley, The Dead in their Vaulted Arches.

Cheers.

Welcome here :)!

I haven't read any books yet by the authors you mention, but when I was younger I used to read some thrillers, such as by John Grisham (law thrillers) and Robin Cook (medical thrillers). I've read one good thriller by David Baldacci also. Feel free to check out the links that Frankie mentioned, further discussion would be better suited in those sections rather than in this "what are you reading" / Book Activity type thread. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I'm making good process in Brandon Sanderson - Elantris, the last 50-100 pages I read have been very good and full of unexpected plot twists. I might be able to finish it today, otherwise I'll finish it tomorrow. I really want to find out what happens! I also found two free short stories this morning through the author's website that take place in the same world but should be read after finishing the book, so I plan on reading those once I finish the book.

WooHoo!! I'm down to #4 on hold at the library for Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand and the library has 26 kindle copies so my turn should come up around the time I finish reading The Language of Hoofbeats by CRH.

I have no money, so naturally I went to Waterstones and bought books. :roll:

I really want to read Half Bad by Sally Green, but it's £9 for a Kindle copy, so I figured I'd just pay €9.99 for the paperback - and I got Only Ever Yours (which I had had as a Kindle book) for €4.99 with it! :lol: Happy out :)

Finished the first Magic 2.0 book and LOVED it, got the next two, can't wait to read them but think I'll hold off til I finish a couple of other books that are unfinished or I'll never get them done!

Welcome, Frogsborne :D

Last week I finished Speaking from Among the Bones by Alan Bradley and I loved it, unsurprisingly.  Currently I'm reading Linger by Maggie Steifvater, which is the second book in that series, and I'm on track to finish it this weekend.  Then it's on to the next and newest Alan Bradley, The Dead in their Vaulted Arches.

Excited to hear that the Flavia books continue to be brilliant :) Hope you enjoy the next one Marcia :hug: 

Started East of Eden .. getting on fine so far .. it's going to be an epic family tale so lots to take in at this stage but he sets the scene so well .. I can't see that I'll have any problems (bar time .. I'm busy in the next few days so won't be able to devote as much time to it as I'd like.)

Welcome frogsborne! :)

Excited to hear that the Flavia books continue to be brilliant :) Hope you enjoy the next one Marcia :hug: 

Started East of Eden .. getting on fine so far .. it's going to be an epic family tale so lots to take in at this stage but he sets the scene so well .. I can't see that I'll have any problems (bar time .. I'm busy in the next few days so won't be able to devote as much time to it as I'd like.)

Welcome frogsborne! :)

East Of Eden is not an overnite read.  :smile:  I believe you will enjoy the book. It is one of my favorites by my favorite author. Take your time and enjoy the "epic" family tale.....it is a good one.

WooHoo!! I'm down to #4 on hold at the library for Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand and the library has 26 kindle copies so my turn should come up around the time I finish reading The Language of Hoofbeats by CRH.

I hope you like it, I read it several times, just because I fell so in love with Louie :wub: I will be interested in if you liked Hoofbeats... that is her new one, yes?  How is your head after falling?

I'm nearly halfway through Allegiant.

Looking forward to your finish ;)

I have no money, so naturally I went to Waterstones and bought books. :roll:

I really want to read Half Bad by Sally Green, but it's £9 for a Kindle copy, so I figured I'd just pay €9.99 for the paperback - and I got Only Ever Yours (which I had had as a Kindle book) for €4.99 with it! :lol: Happy out :)

Finished the first Magic 2.0 book and LOVED it, got the next two, can't wait to read them but think I'll hold off til I finish a couple of other books that are unfinished or I'll never get them done!

Don't feel so bad, I was a little naughty today also and pre-ordered Only Ever Yours  :blush2:

I'm glad you liked Magic 2.0.  How did you get on with Yesterday's Gone?

I'm on the book review part of BBC History Magazine, my favorite part!  :011: I must get back to Gilead though.  I hope to start something new tomorrow or tomorrow night at the latest.

Welcome here :)!

I haven't read any books yet by the authors you mention, but when I was younger I used to read some thrillers, such as by John Grisham (law thrillers) and Robin Cook (medical thrillers). I've read one good thriller by David Baldacci also. Feel free to check out the links that Frankie mentioned, further discussion would be better suited in those sections rather than in this "what are you reading" / Book Activity type thread. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I'm making good process in Brandon Sanderson - Elantris, the last 50-100 pages I read have been very good and full of unexpected plot twists. I might be able to finish it today, otherwise I'll finish it tomorrow. I really want to find out what happens! I also found two free short stories this morning through the author's website that take place in the same world but should be read after finishing the book, so I plan on reading those once I finish the book.

*Goes and looks this up*  :typing:    :lol: this sounds like something I would be really interested in. Any favorite books?

Don't feel so bad, I was a little naughty today also and pre-ordered Only Ever Yours  :blush2:

I'm glad you liked Magic 2.0.  How did you get on with Yesterday's Gone?

Good for you! :lol:

I'm actually about to post reviews for both Magic and Yesterday's Gone in my thread :)