Your Book Activity - March 2015

chesilbeach

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished Graeme Simsion's The Rosie Effect this morning  :doowapstart: .

I think that this book is almost impossible, for me, to review without having so many spoiler alerts, that it would look ridiculous. So all I can say is - If you have read The Rosie Project and loved it, then The Rosie Effect won't disappoint you either  :D

Next book will be Matt Haig's The Possession of Mr Cave, an ebook via the local library, who have recently launched the ebook loans  :smile: I love libraries  :D

I finished Graeme Simsion's The Rosie Effect this morning  :doowapstart: .

I think that this book is almost impossible, for me, to review without having so many spoiler alerts, that it would look ridiculous. So all I can say is - If you have read The Rosie Project and loved it, then The Rosie Effect won't disappoint you either  :D

That sounds good! I received a message from BD, my copy is on its way :) (it'll still take a while to get here though).

I just finished Scott Meyer - Magic 2.0 3: An Unwelcome Quest earlier today and I'm not sure yet what I'll read next, there are a couple of books I'm thinking about so I'll have to see what I feel like once I've processed my previous read a bit more.

EDIT: I think I'm going to read Jodi Picoult - Perfect Match as per BSchultz' recommendation :).

Edited by Athena

Kenny asked me yesterday 'Mum do you have a list of books you want?'.....Mother's Day is coming up so I gave him 5 titles to choose from....he went down town today....wonder which one he got me ? :D 

You've trained him well! :D

I started The Wolf Princess by Cathryn Constable today, but I also need to start The Dark Tourist by Dom Joly for my book group this month, but it's a very large paperback that won't fit in my bag  :motz: I'll have to try and read it at home, but I've just realised I won't have much time before the meeting in which to do that … better stop enjoying myself on here and pick it up now. :lol:

I finished The Last Dragonslayer during my lunch break today - instantly recognisable as a Jasper Fforde book, I really enjoyed it.

Glad you thought it was excellent! :D

I also finished my reading of The Last Dragonslayer. It was a delightful book and now I have another Series to look forward to. :)

I am now reading The Humans. I have the following kindle books on hold at the library:

Unbroken

Messenger

Son

The Girl On The Train

The Rosie Project

That sounds good! I received a message from BD, my copy is on its way :) (it'll still take a while to get here though).

I just finished Scott Meyer - Magic 2.0 3: An Unwelcome Quest earlier today and I'm not sure yet what I'll read next, there are a couple of books I'm thinking about so I'll have to see what I feel like once I've processed my previous read a bit more.

EDIT: I think I'm going to read Jodi Picoult - Perfect Match as per BSchultz' recommendation :).

YAY! I hope you like it. Lots of pressure on me for recommending it :lol:

I'm still not finding much time to read so only half way through The Dynamite Room. Have managed to order/pre order three books though!

The Conplete Book of M*A*S*H by Suzy Kalter (An episode guide from the TV show, I used to get a copy from the library years ago and thought it was time I had my own!)

The Giver - Lois Lowry

Half Wild - Sally Green

I finished Burial Rites by Hannah Kent. It's the first book I've finished in ages. :hide:  I really enjoyed it, and I'm about to look online for more background to the story. Then it's back on to Naomi Klein's This Changes Everything.

Went into Waterstone's this morning, but came out with empty hands … I've *got* to read some more of my TBR before I buy any more books now.

I did start The Dark Tourist and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.  For some reason, I thought it was about 400 pages, but it's actually 267, so I'm hoping to finish this afternoon. :)

Middlemarch: Two-thirds through (p.500 out of 750) reached today! Still gripped, just not able to read as much as I want. Maybe crack a bit of it this weekend.

Edited by willoyd

Finished Dandy Gilver & the Proper Treatment of Blood Stains by Catriona McPherson. Going to start The Red Notebook by Antoine Laurain later but, in the meantime, have read about 40 pages of The O'Sullivan Twins by Enid Blyton which is the second of the St Clare's books. They've already been frying sausages at midnight  :D Happy days!

I finished Burial Rites by Hannah Kent. It's the first book I've finished in ages. :hide:  I really enjoyed it, and I'm about to look online for more background to the story.

I love books that inspire you to learn more. :)

Remembered that I have still reading Gathering Blue *slaps forehead* It's now getting more interesting i.e more sinister.

:) Can't wait to hear your final thoughts!

I've read a little more of Allegiant. The constant changing between characters is jarring (is that what y'all were referring to?)

Started The Red Notebook by Antoine Laurain late last night and finished it this morning .. didn't want to put it down but thought I'd better at least try and get some sleep :blush2: Also about halfway through The O'Sullivan Twins by Enid Blyton. Nothing new to listen to on my iPod so doing some re-listening including How To Build a Girl, The Girl on the Train and The Curse of the House of Foskett .. not counting them as full reads though as only heard part of them. Depends on my mood but it's amazing how much you hear second time around that you didn't hear before. Looking forward to getting a new credit with Audible later this week. Will pick my next book from the jar  :hide: 

I'm spinning between The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich and Middlemarch. I had started a lighter read alongside but have had to put it down. How do you all cope reading more than one thing at once?! :lol:

I've read a little more of Allegiant. The constant changing between characters is jarring (is that what y'all were referring to?)

That's part of it!  Allegiant is sort of the controversial one of the 3, because of the author's choices.

I'm spinning between The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich and Middlemarch. I had started a lighter read alongside but have had to put it down. How do you all cope reading more than one thing at once?! :lol:

Um... by not reading The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich and Middlemarch at the same time :P Seriously, I couldn't hack that, you are awesome!