Greetings To All..

Novel

Hello, everyone. I have been quite fond of books since a very young age. I am slightly ashamed to admit that American Psycho is perhaps the greatest novel I have read, mostly because it is frowned upon by many, although I tend not to be influenced by the ideas and opinions of others. However, I suppose I am still in search of an author that has successfully captured what Ellis has accomplished within this novel.

Regardless, I encourage all to venture through the book with an excessively open mind -- the rewards are potently existent.

Lastly, I look forward to exchanging ideas, opinions, and knowledge with all of you.

Regards

Howdy Father Author and welcome to this forum.

Great books? Talk books!

I've not read American Psycho - even the title gives me chills!

I think that most of the great books I've read have been so because of the time of my life in which I read them or the timeliness of their arrival in time (Like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest was perfect for it's time of initial publishing).

Were Dicken's books all the greater for the time in that they were published? Maybe On The Road is best received in the context of the era. If I can learn or grasp the significance of a writing while enjoying that writing for its own merit, then well will I have achieved. Certainly, these are the things I personally struggle with.

Hello and :) Father Author! I read American Psycho not all that long ago and rather enjoyed it - the pitch-black humour throughout really appealed to me and I was very aware that people were giving me funny looks as I laughed whilst reading it!

I hope you'll enjoy yourself here and will pass many pleasant hours discussing good books with the rest of us!

BLESSINGS TO ALL FOR THE VERY WARM WELCOME..

I keep intending on reading American Psycho as I'm a big contempoary American lit fan :D But I'm pretty squeamish so could be a problem!

Indeed, this may be a rather large issue, specifically because the explicitness is powerfully detailed.

Also, which contemporary literature are you fond of?

I'm also reading Life of Pi - how are you finding it so far?

I have only read through the introduction to Life of Pi, and was quite intrigued by it. However, I just received a copy of Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman in the mail, and I am very anxious to read this novel, so I have started that for the time being. So far, I am quite impressed by his style of writing.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...