James Herbert, Yay or Nay?

G Man

I've just picked up James Herbert's Ash from my city library and was wondering if his horror writing is any good??  I cant really get into Stephen Kings work so I imagined James Herbert to be the next best thing, True or False???

I read a couple of his books many years ago now, and none of his later stuff. I seem to remember it as very easy to read; with a narrative that goes along nicely - more action perhaps than Stephen King. I've been planning to read some more by him, for some time now, so I'll be interested to see other opinions.

Nyeeeaah.

I've read a couple of his books, I think, and I'm pretty sure I enjoyed them at the time, but have zero recollections of them. I don't think I even wrote reviews of them.... nope. I have not. I'm pretty sure I read Haunted and The Secret Of Crickley Hall.

To be fair to the man though, he wrote Fluke, and I've never read the book but good lord if I don't absolutely love the film. So I'm grateful just for that :lol:

• 1 month later...