What are you listening to? - 2015

Athena

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is, isn't it! :wub: Have you heard the song before? 

No, I've haven't heard of Ivy before. But I really like Worry about you  :smile: . I listened some of Ivy's music last night, but unfortunately most of the tracks sounded a bit too bland, for me. But that one song is lovely :smile2: . Dominique Durand's voice reminded me of the chanteuse Camille. This track Wet Boy is amazing :wub: , but most of her other songs are very bland too.

Edited by Marie H

No, I've haven't heard of Ivy before. But I really like Worry about you  :smile: . I listened some of Ivy's music last night, but unfortunately most of the tracks sounded a bit too bland, for me. But that one song is lovely :smile2:

I agree, Ivy's stuff can be a bit bland and the songs can sound a bit samey :) But it's nice to listen to them sometimes. It's easy going chill summer music. Worry About You is an amazing song :wub: I first heard it in the TV series 4400 and fell completely and utterly in love with the song :wub: 

I agree, Ivy's stuff can be a bit bland and the songs can sound a bit samey :) But it's nice to listen to them sometimes. It's easy going chill summer music. Worry About You is an amazing song :wub: I first heard it in the TV series 4400 and fell completely and utterly in love with the song :wub:

Yes, it is made for chilling out on a summer day. So that when we get a hot summers day, I've got the mp3 waiting for it.  :giggle2:

Yes, it is made for chilling out on a summer day. So that when we get a hot summers day, I've got the mp3 waiting for it.  :giggle2:

That's how we roll! :cool::D :D (Oh, a summer day.... How I long for summer! :wub:)

I'm listening to the Fugees album for the first time in a decade, probably.

:wub: Love me some Nina.

Sorry your mood isn't great  :friends0:

Thanks Melodious :friends3:  – the combination of listening to Nina, the sun coming out and a brisk walk improved my mood a lot :smile: .  

Nina's voice is just wonderful - pipped at the post by Ella Fitzgerald, as she is the absolute queen of voices :wub:  .

Also been listening to this as it somehow fits my mood. There are some roofers in the house and I'd like them to be gone :D Of course, I want them to do the job properly, but .. please don't outstay your welcome :D May put this on loudspeaker if they do .. if nothing else it will frighten the life out of them. I wonder what they'll make of the donkey braying!? Who doesn't like a bit of donkey braying? :D

Love the Mamas & Papas .. what a beautiful sound they make.

http://youtu.be/4M7gKZqgHn4[/quote

Oooh,love this one too!

I do like the Mamas & Papas version.

Another great voice!! My favourite of hers is Careless Love.

Edited by Marie H

I thought they'd come out with a new album or something :D 

I love that song and album :wub: Such a summer album. Which is apt because the sun is shining, which is very rare over here during winter. :smile2: 

I'm currently listening to Devin Townsend. I wonder why. I mean it's a very spring-y album for me and I do wonder if the sun made me think of it, or if it's just a coincidence.