What are you listening to? - 2015

Athena

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So THAT's where John Bush went to (or back to, really I suppose) after Anthrax! This is a band that just completely disappeared off my personal radar. 

(Seems fitting because I always remember the lyrics wrong and I always sing 'I can't believe summer's almost gone'  instead of here :D

Best. Band. Ever!!

So THAT's where John Bush went to (or back to, really I suppose) after Anthrax! This is a band that just completely disappeared off my personal radar. 

It's a good album.  Some crazy people were saying it's better than Maiden's, so I had to get it :D

I'm listening to the Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify for the first time, a cool feature. It's a weekly playlist Spotify provides to each individual user, tailored to their listening habits - it's nice to, well, discover. There are some artists I've listened to, but most of them are new; and even for those I know, I haven't yet listened to the songs chosen.

Now that Planet Rock has been taken away from FM here in the West Midlands, I've had to go back to CD's in the car. So I decided to listen to all of them in alphabetical order. So today, we have Alice Cooper - Trash. An oldie, but a goodie!

I'm listening to episode two of the new #Thoro podcast on iTunes (called "Champion Sounds"). Very likely it wouldn't be many people's cup of tea, but it's mine so there you have it. *shrugs*

^^  That's not a dream, that's a nightmare :o

I read in the other thread that the gig was pretty awesome! 

Yeah, one of the best.  I just wish I'd gone both nights, cos he played completely different sets on each :doh:   The first night he played all of the new album, so I didn't get to see much of that.  Still, at least the night we went he played a fair bit of Porcupine Tree stuff, and had Gavin Harrison and Guthrie Govan guesting on some songs.  I'll be seeing him again at Hammersmith in January, so hopefully he'll play the Hand. Cannot. Erase. material then.

^^  That's not a dream, that's a nightmare :o

That's what I meant! Stupid language mistake! :(

Yeah, one of the best.  I just wish I'd gone both nights, cos he played completely different sets on each :doh:   The first night he played all of the new album, so I didn't get to see much of that.  Still, at least the night we went he played a fair bit of Porcupine Tree stuff, and had Gavin Harrison and Guthrie Govan guesting on some songs.  I'll be seeing him again at Hammersmith in January, so hopefully he'll play the Hand. Cannot. Erase. material then.

Oh wow, that's so random that he'd play totally different sets :o No wonder you would've wanted to go to both shows. Bloody hell! :( It's not fair that he plays PT stuff, because he's not writing any more songs for that band and hasn't been touring in ages. So lay off the PT!! Or at least advertise it...  :censored:  :D 

Oh wow, that's so random that he'd play totally different sets :o No wonder you would've wanted to go to both shows. Bloody hell! :( It's not fair that he plays PT stuff, because he's not writing any more songs for that band and hasn't been touring in ages. So lay off the PT!! Or at least advertise it...  :censored:   :D

:lol:  Well PT was his baby and he wrote most of the songs, so I guess he can do that.  Gavin Harrison didn't seem to mind :D

A lot of other people seemed to know he was playing different sets.  I wasn't keeping up with the news :doh::D

:lol:  Well PT was his baby and he wrote most of the songs, so I guess he can do that.  Gavin Harrison didn't seem to mind :D

I know he's behind the music, but it's selfish! We want the whole band!! And we wanted it advertised!! :D

A lot of other people seemed to know he was playing different sets.  I wasn't keeping up with the news :doh::D

:D Well now you know and will see him soon enough again :)