What are you listening to? - 2015

Athena

Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun

I love Cyndi!  I've seen her a few times live, and she's brilliant … plays new stuff in the first half, then goes back and does all her hits in the second half, so you get the best of both worlds.  This one is a real sing-a-long song and everyone joins in. :D

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: I like Taylor as a person, but I don't like that song. I'm coming around to her other one, though. Something about bad blood. Hey!

I HATED Shake It Off (and Taylor) for the longest time. I've always liked her song 22, so I gave the new album 1989 a go - Blank Space is a superb song on pretty much every level, and almost every other song on that album (except Shake It Off) is actually surprisingly good, particularly musically. I've grown to like an additional song each time I've listened to it and today I became a full-converted Swiftie with the addition of Shake It Off to that list - I now love it, and suspect Taylor has hidden subliminal messaging in her music to make me like it.

And yes, she's a pretty cool person too :D

I HATED Shake It Off (and Taylor) for the longest time. I've always liked her song 22, so I gave the new album 1989 a go - Blank Space is a superb song on pretty much every level, and almost every other song on that album (except Shake It Off) is actually surprisingly good, particularly musically. I've grown to like an additional song each time I've listened to it and today I became a full-converted Swiftie with the addition of Shake It Off to that list - I now love it, and suspect Taylor has hidden subliminal messaging in her music to make me like it.

And yes, she's a pretty cool person too :D

I find it hilarious that you hated the song at first and now you are playing it on repeat :D But that's what happens sometimes... :shrug: Personally, I think Swift just makes the kind of music that's not my forte. :shrug: And it's not like I know very much about her, but she looks damn cute :wub: 

(And Kanye West was the biggest ass ever, interrupting her award accepting speech. Poor girl!) (Kanye West is the biggest ass all around, actually.)

I find it hilarious that you hated the song at first and now you are playing it on repeat :D But that's what happens sometimes... :shrug: Personally, I think Swift just makes the kind of music that's not my forte. :shrug: And it's not like I know very much about her, but she looks damn cute :wub: 

(And Kanye West was the biggest ass ever, interrupting her award accepting speech. Poor girl!) (Kanye West is the biggest ass all around, actually.)

Happens to me a lot, some things just take their time growing on me! I still don't (and never will) like anything she's done before this album except 22 - this is her first fully pop album and honestly the music is just classy and gorgeous, even if the lyrics sometimes leave a little to be desired,but it is only pop music after all! I love that she can make fun of herself.

Happens to me a lot, some things just take their time growing on me! I still don't (and never will) like anything she's done before this album except 22 - this is her first fully pop album and honestly the music is just classy and gorgeous, even if the lyrics sometimes leave a little to be desired,but it is only pop music after all! I love that she can make fun of herself.

Ah! I wondered about that, because I didn't know she did pop. And as it turns out this is her first pop album. That explains a lot of things. :D 

Currently listening to....

Waiting for the September album! :wub: 

Stunning :wub:  Is it really a week ago already? :(  This guy must've been standing just a couple of rows below me, cos it's almost exactly the view we had.

ETA:  On another note, I don't understand how anyone can go to see a band and stand there not moving at all.  I just don't get it :shrug:   I was rocking my socks off all the way through, I've never waved my arms around and punched the air so much in my life  :giggle2:

Edited by Karsa Orlong

I'm a recent convert to Taylor Swift too. :D I only used to like the song 22 too, but recently I've been listening to a bunch of her stuff on Youtube and was amazed at how much of it I'd heard (and liked) before without even realising it was her.

And I too am addicted to Shake it Off. :D

Radio Rock! They're currently playing T.N.T. by AC/DC.  When I first heard the song and liked it, I googled what T.N.T. meant. Last week I was talking to my Godson and his little sister about bombs and stuff and they mentioned T.N.T. and I was like, how the heck do you know T.N.T. :o You kids are smart!! Apparently from Minecraft :D