What's Up in February? - 2015

chesilbeach

The letter they sent me said much the same thing. Like you say, it is probably nothing to worry about. I can't say I am particularly looking forward to the appointment though.

It's very understandable that you're a bit anxious and not looking forward to the appointment. I hope it will be okay.

I'm now wrapping my brain around the fact that I will be starting my employment with Amazon.com on Sunday evening. I'm doing the overnight shift. It pays more but it will be a real challenge for me. Its not my ideal shift (Sunday-Wednesday, 6:45-5:15 am). Havent worked overnights since I was in law enforcement.

Things are turning around slowly and for that I am grateful and thankful!

I hope it will go well :)!

My boyfriend will be going to the UK soon for a week (to visit his family and help with the house), and I'm worried about him and also about myself. I will miss him while he's away. I've not been in the bakery on my own before, hopefully it will be okay.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A rare day were we are both off and have no plans.  With us both working odd shift patterns it doesn't happen that often at all. 

We've been and bought the flooring for our new kitchen. Now we just have to wait for a call to say it's in and is ready to fit.  Hopefully in the next week or two at the most.  Then we need some tiles for the wall and we are complete! 

This evening I plan on having a long bath and a good read.  My two favourite things!!

I had a really weird dream in which the world was ending (of course) but it had only just started, so there were people prepared in various ways and traffic and businesses were still running and stuff. A lot of people had been affected by a zombie virus thing (of course) though - so my brother (who doesn't actually drive) packed me into the passenger seat of his car and said he'd take us somewhere safe. He drove us off a pier into a river and as the car was sinking I was screaming at him to unlock the doors so I could make a break for it (I can't swim, would that even work?) and he calmly told me this was for the best, it was a more peaceful death than we'd get if we stuck around for the end of the world.

It was weird.

Dontcha just HATE those end of the world dreams?!

I spent the first part of the morning taking an EXCEL class on base (we live near the gate of an Army base). I then ran an errand for our son and then to local library to print out some tax forms. I'm glad I went because I was able to find some new Inspector Lindley dvds.

On another not I got a call from the hubby saying we had no lights in our bathroom and several outlets started doing crazy things to include shooting sparks! Our landlord called in the electrian but he can't come til tomorrow.

I had a really weird dream in which the world was ending (of course) but it had only just started, so there were people prepared in various ways and traffic and businesses were still running and stuff. A lot of people had been affected by a zombie virus thing (of course) though - so my brother (who doesn't actually drive) packed me into the passenger seat of his car and said he'd take us somewhere safe. He drove us off a pier into a river and as the car was sinking I was screaming at him to unlock the doors so I could make a break for it (I can't swim, would that even work?) and he calmly told me this was for the best, it was a more peaceful death than we'd get if we stuck around for the end of the world.

It was weird.

That is weird! Dreams can be like that :). I don't think I've ever dreamed about the world ending, but I've dreamed a lot of other weird things.

On another not I got a call from the hubby saying we had no lights in our bathroom and several outlets started doing crazy things to include shooting sparks! Our landlord called in the electrian but he can't come til tomorrow.

I hope it can be fixed soon and that no one will get hurt! Be careful.

The library sale is tomorrow and I'm excited for it. My boyfriend's been feeling tired lately so I'm doing my best to support him where I can. He'll be travelling to the UK next week so I hope he will feel good enough to do so and to be there and travel back again. I'm a bit worried about being on my own, but hopefully it will not be too bad since it's just a week.

Just had a surveyor to make the plans for our bathroom conversion to be a wet room  :smile: . Then it will take 5 or 6 days of work to do it!  :o . The thought of 5 or 6 days of tradesman tramps around the house, and the first days are going to be serious work .... :hide: ,but not until late April. Looking forward to have a wet-room, but all the hassle!!  *mega cringe*

Just had a surveyor to make the plans for our bathroom conversion to be a wet room  :smile: . Then it will take 5 or 6 days of work to do it!  :o . The thought of 5 or 6 days of tradesman tramps around the house, and the first days are going to be serious work .... :hide: ,but not until late April. Looking forward to have a wet-room, but all the hassle!!  *mega cringe*

Oh .. I feel for you :hug: Keep focused on the end result ... that's the only way of getting through it. It'll be so worth it when you finally have your lovely wet-room :)

Good day so far … sorted out a few bits and pieces that needed doing and had tea and toast in the café with a read of my book.  A very pleasant, civilised start to the day! :D

Sounds good :)!

What's a wet room :blush2:? I hope it will all go well :)!

Oh .. I feel for you :hug: Keep focused on the end result ... that's the only way of getting through it. It'll be so worth it when you finally have your lovely wet-room :)

Thanks poppyshake  :friends3: I've calmed down a bit now :blush2: , and now I think it more clearly, it won't be that bad as earlier

- it was going to be done late March, but late April is better weather wise, and not having no central heating/water for 1 or 2 days is not that bad in springtime  *she hopes * :giggle2: It will be great when it's all sorted out.

What's a wet room :blush2:? I hope it will all go well :)!

It involves removing the bathtub, and instead having a shower which will have easy access (as there will be no steps, the floor will be anti-slip when wet and the walls have more handrails) . It will look similar to bathrooms/showers you see in hospitals. It's easier access for people with disabilities. It means I will have much easier access to the shower.

The library sale is tomorrow and I'm excited for it. My boyfriend's been feeling tired lately so I'm doing my best to support him where I can. He'll be travelling to the UK next week so I hope he will feel good enough to do so and to be there and travel back again. I'm a bit worried about being on my own, but hopefully it will not be too bad since it's just a week.

Do you think he will be ok to go to the book sale tomorrow??

We are having our garage converted next week and it will take a week!  That's a long time to have people in and out!

I have a paper due next Thursday on technology in society and in schools.  It is giving me a great deal of trouble, I have to cite at least 3 sources.  Other than working on that, looking forward to reading a lot this weekend!

Edited by Anna Begins

We are having our garage converted next week and it will take a week!  That's a long time to have people in and out!

:empathy:  I hope it all goes really well - a week is a very long time when you just have people in and out of the house. 

It was weird.

Did you check your ceiling for a hole. Perhaps you were hit on the head by a meteorite and it caused the weird dreams. :giggle2:

It involves removing the bathtub, and instead having a shower which will have easy access (as there will be no steps, the floor will be anti-slip when wet and the walls have more handrails) . It will look similar to bathrooms/showers you see in hospitals. It's easier access for people with disabilities. It means I will have much easier access to the shower.

That makes a lot of sense! My grandparents have done a similar thing with their bathroom. My grandma's back has been hurting a lot the past few years, so they did it to make things easier for her, to move around in it and such. It is a pain though to have the construction people around, I always find that difficult to deal with too. But I hope the end result will make the expense and the uncomfortableness, worth it :)

Do you think he will be ok to go to the book sale tomorrow??

I'm not sure, I've said to him it's up to him if he wants to come or not. Of course I prefer to have him with me, but if he would rather stay at home I'd understand and that's okay too. My parents are going to the market so I'm just going with them in their car and spend time at the library while they're buying fresh vegetables and such, for everyone.

Good luck! I really don't like having strangers around. It doesn't help, that the ones here, speak the local dialect / accent, and I cannot understand much of it :blush2:. One of the last few times, they wanted a sponge, but I had huge trouble understanding what it is they wanted. And, don't get me started on loo seats that stay up (that said, some of my extended family leave it up too.), or even strangers having been on our toilet. But they do good work and are generally friendly people.

I have a paper due next Thursday on technology in society and in schools.  It is giving me a great deal of trouble, I have to cite at least 3 sources.  Other than working on that, looking forward to reading a lot this weekend!

Good luck with your paper! I hope it will go well. Have fun reading, too :)!

Did you check your ceiling for a hole. Perhaps you were hit on the head by a meteorite and it caused the weird dreams. :giggle2:

LOL! You are obsessed with that book! :lol: pretty sure I'd notice if that happened... *checks the ceiling, just in case* Nope, nothing!

It has been a good day for me too - although somewhat emotional. A few days ago I had a letter informing me that following a routine mammogram I had to go back for what they referred to as 'further assessment'. While the logical mind (having found a lump about 10 years ago that turned out to be nothing) told me this probably didn't mean anything, the thought was still there that there is a history of cancer on my Dad's side of the family. Everything though turned out fine, and I have nothing then to worry about. What a relief !

This time next week I shall be looking forward to jetting off to Iceland again for some more Northern Lights hunting. It has been very cold out there these past few days with lots of snow, so I shall be packing the thermals and ice grips. :smile:   

Several weeks ago my wife and I went to The Great Smoky Mountains for 3 days. While there I stopped at a mountain leather craftsman's shop and ordered a leather belt. It will take 8 - 10 weeks before I receive the belt due to backlog. It is a family effort making the leather belts, the father, son, and daughter all work on them. He measured me for size and then I picked out the style, width (I chose 1.125" ), and color. I selected colors of dark red (actually looks more like reddish brown) down the middle and black down each side. Oh, I also chose a plain brass buckle. The work they perform is actually very nice.

http://www.gatlinburgcrafts.com/leather_real_mccoy.html

http://greatsmokyartsandcraftscommunity.com/_shops/mccoylea.htm

Edited by muggle not

Housemates threw a party last night, which was very noisy as always. The party ended at 10:30am this morning.

Amazingly, one of my housemates only went to bed for an hour and is now up again tidying the place.

They left a tin of Quality Street open and mostly untouched on the counter, so I stole a handful as compensation for keeping me up half the night :lol:

This time next week I shall be looking forward to jetting off to Iceland again for some more Northern Lights hunting. It has been very cold out there these past few days with lots of snow, so I shall be packing the thermals and ice grips. :smile:   

I am so jealous!  That is one of my moms #1 things to do in her life, I'd love to be able to take her.  Here, you go to Alaska. 

I selected colors of dark red (actually looks more like reddish brown) down the middle and black down each side. Oh, I also chose a plain brass buckle. The work they perform is actually very nice.

http://www.gatlinburgcrafts.com/leather_real_mccoy.html

http://greatsmokyartsandcraftscommunity.com/_shops/mccoylea.htm

Very Nice!

The party ended at 10:30am this morning.

:o  :o Must've been one heck of a party!

:o  :o Must've been one heck of a party!

When I went in to make a sandwich my housemate didn't even say sorry. I mean really, who doesn't say sorry (even without meaning it!) for a 9-hour house party?! I'm going to stomp around the house next Saturday morning when I'm getting up at like 5am to go to the airport, it'll serve them right.

Edited by Nollaig

For the first time in I don't know how long, I didn't set the alarm clock this morning. :Zzzz:   I slept until I was ready to get up, but I sort of knew it would be a mistake, as I have a tendency to oversleep and then get up with a headache.  I do have a niggly little headache, but I'm hoping it won't last long, and I think I needed the sleep, so it was probably worth it.

I might get better sooner if I didn't have to listen to the dog next door barking again.  I think the owner must be out a lot this weekend, as he tends to bark when he's left alone, but it was all yesterday afternoon, and he's already started again this morning.

Posts moved as requested :).

Note: Some emoticons were removed.

We went to the pictures this afternoon, then went out for a late lunch/early dinner. It's been a good day.

Sounds good :)!

It has been a good day for me too - although somewhat emotional. A few days ago I had a letter informing me that following a routine mammogram I had to go back for what they referred to as 'further assessment'. While the logical mind (having found a lump about 10 years ago that turned out to be nothing) told me this probably didn't mean anything, the thought was still there that there is a history of cancer on my Dad's side of the family. Everything though turned out fine, and I have nothing then to worry about. What a relief !

This time next week I shall be looking forward to jetting off to Iceland again for some more Northern Lights hunting. It has been very cold out there these past few days with lots of snow, so I shall be packing the thermals and ice grips. :smile:

I am so happy for you everything turned out to be fine. I wish you lots of fun in Iceland!

Several weeks ago my wife and I went to The Great Smoky Mountains for 3 days. While there I stopped at a mountain leather craftsman's shop and ordered a leather belt. It will take 8 - 10 weeks before I receive the belt due to backlog. It is a family effort making the leather belts, the father, son, and daughter all work on them. He measured me for size and then I picked out the style, width (I chose 1.125" ), and color. I selected colors of dark red (actually looks more like reddish brown) down the middle and black down each side. Oh, I also chose a plain brass buckle. The work they perform is actually very nice.

That's very nice :)!

Caught the train into Bath early this morning, and had a mooch around the bookshops. Got in nice and early, and had a good read on the train there and back … so much nicer than having to drive!

That sounds like a great time out :). How long does it take the train to get the Bath from your town?

Housemates threw a party last night, which was very noisy as always. The party ended at 10:30am this morning.

Amazingly, one of my housemates only went to bed for an hour and is now up again tidying the place.

They left a tin of Quality Street open and mostly untouched on the counter, so I stole a handful as compensation for keeping me up half the night :lol:

I feel so sorry for you, how rude of your housemates! Full right that you took some chocolate!

When I went in to make a sandwich my housemate didn't even say sorry. I mean really, who doesn't say sorry (even without meaning it!) for a 9-hour house party?! I'm going to stomp around the house next Saturday morning when I'm getting up at like 5am to go to the airport, it'll serve them right.

Yeah.. saying sorry would've been the least you can expect based upon politeness rules. Do you normally get along with your housemates? Do they do this kind of thing often?

For the first time in I don't know how long, I didn't set the alarm clock this morning. I slept until I was ready to get up, but I sort of knew it would be a mistake, as I have a tendency to oversleep and then get up with a headache. I do have a niggly little headache, but I'm hoping it won't last long, and I think I needed the sleep, so it was probably worth it.

I might get better sooner if I didn't have to listen to the dog next door barking again. I think the owner must be out a lot this weekend, as he tends to bark when he's left alone, but it was all yesterday afternoon, and he's already started again this morning.

I hope you will feel better soon :flowers2:. That's really annoying, to hear dog barking so often (and I feel bad for the dog if he / she is indeed left alone for a long time). Do you have some earplugs or such to put on so you don't hear it as much, or maybe some music?

I went to the city yesterday and visited the charity shop and the library (and their sale). I also went to the supermarket. I had a lot of fun being out and buying things, but after that I was very tired. I hope to rest a bit in the next while, but my boyfriend will be leaving in a few days, so I also hope to spend some time with him before he has to go to the UK for a week.