What's Up in February? - 2015

chesilbeach

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh Brian .. that's just awful. How irresponsible of the person to drive off and not do the decent thing by leaving a note. So unfair to put you to all that trouble, inconvenience and expense  :censored: Hope the damage is not too bad. 

Sorry to hear about your eye Felidae .. sounds so painful. Hope you're soon able to read again :hug: 

Thanks poppyshake. I think it may be fairly close to being a write off but others who have seen picture think not so I'll have to wait and see. Either way, I'm out of pocket.

That's awful Brian, did you report it to the police? The other car must have significant damage to and likely to be local.. worth asking around, maybe at garages, facebook if you're on there to see if you can find who did it? :(

I spoke to the police but unless there is a witness or CCTV there is nothing they can do. I've had a good nose around at the vehicles in the area but to no avail. Even if I did find a vehicle with matching damage I'm still not sure the police would do anything.

I found the culprit yesterday morning and left my phone number with his wife to contact me and give me his details. 24 hours later and he hasn't bothered so I have just reported him to the police. They are interested now because I have a registration and photographs of a vehicle with matching damage.

I found the culprit yesterday morning and left my phone number with his wife to contact me and give me his details. 24 hours later and he hasn't bothered so I have just reported him to the police. They are interested now because I have a registration and photographs of a vehicle with matching damage.

Brilliant news! Presumably he was local then? Hopefully this will save you a lot of money!

I'm so sorry to hear of your car being damaged, Brian :(. But I am happy you found the culprit! It's so rude to just drive off without leaving a number or anything. Since it was his fault I hope he or his insurance can pay for your car damage.

Brian, you might be in the wrong line of work! Glad you're putting the heat under him.

I spent the morning cleaning up my phone and tablet. Its amazing how many apps we download, don't use and forget to uninstall. I finally have it squared away, reclaimed some storage and rearranged my screens by content (ie, games and entertainment on one screen, windows products, educational and research on another, frequently used such as facebook, banking, weather apps on another) Ahhh, I feel truly organized now, lol!!

OAN I got a call from Amazon yesterday, they wanted to know my schedule preference. My drug screen already came back and now just waiting on the background check.

Didn't do much of anything but eat yesterday, hehehe. Hubby and I don't really go in for the Valentines Day hoopla. Our anniversary is on the 4th and we prefer to celebrate "OUR" day without the whole world "stealing our thunder." That and the fact that obligatory flowers, candy and jewlrey tend to take the spontinaity out of the relationship. I have a friend that would get all upset if she didn't get exactly what she thought she wanted so she could post it on facebook and sit it on her desk. Each year she would be frustrated and angry because he would get her the opposit of what she wanted. Why? Because he didn't like being put on blast and told what he had to get her to prove his love. They both seem to have grown up since then.

Anyway, I think I'm going to put the Roku on and watch a period drama. I love Sundays. Oh, and the best thing about my new job is that I have Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays off!!!

I spent the morning cleaning up my phone and tablet. Its amazing how many apps we download, don't use and forget to uninstall. I finally have it squared away, reclaimed some storage and rearranged my screens by content (ie, games and entertainment on one screen, windows products, educational and research on another, frequently used such as facebook, banking, weather apps on another) Ahhh, I feel truly organized now, lol!!

OAN I got a call from Amazon yesterday, they wanted to know my schedule preference. My drug screen already came back and now just waiting on the background check.

Didn't do much of anything but eat yesterday, hehehe. Hubby and I don't really go in for the Valentines Day hoopla. Our anniversary is on the 4th and we prefer to celebrate "OUR" day without the whole world "stealing our thunder." That and the fact that obligatory flowers, candy and jewlrey tend to take the spontinaity out of the relationship. I have a friend that would get all upset if she didn't get exactly what she thought she wanted so she could post it on facebook and sit it on her desk. Each year she would be frustrated and angry because he would get her the opposit of what she wanted. Why? Because he didn't like being put on blast and told what he had to get her to prove his love. They both seem to have grown up since then.

Anyway, I think I'm going to put the Roku on and watch a period drama. I love Sundays. Oh, and the best thing about my new job is that I have Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays off!!!

It's great to have things more organised :).

That makes sense. My anniversary was naer the end of January, so we celebrated that more than Valentine's Day (we did spent some time together, though).

That is pretty nice :). What will you be doing in your new job?

Long day at work, now back home catching up on the forum while OH is cooking dinner ,then a quiet evening in tonight

I know this was yesterday, but I hope you had a lovely evening :).

I had a headache yesterday and was feeling really warm. Gladly I'm feeling better after a night's sleep (I can't say a good night's sleep.. I've not been sleeping that well the past few nights) :).

That's rad- I hope he has to compensate you!  And isn't leaving the scene of an accident a crime?

Yes it is. If you have an vehicle incident of any kind in the UK you should swap details with the other driver(s). If you are unable to do this (they drive off, you dont know who the owner is etc) then you should report it to the police within 24 hours. So if you bump a parked car and don't leave your details, as long as you report it within 24 hours to the police you are covered from a legal point of view.

Brian, you might be in the wrong line of work! Glad you're putting the heat under him.

I'd always fancied myself as a forensics investigator.

It's pancakes, it's pancakes, It's pancakes, it's pancakes, it's pancakes :exc: it's pancakes, it's pancakes, it's pancakes, it's pancakes, it's pancakes :exc: it's pancakes, It's pancakes, it's pancakes, it's pancakes :exc: it's pancakes, it's pancakes .. PANCAKES!! 

I do not like pancakes.

I applied for a job today, an administrative position with the Students Union of University College Dublin. Which is 3.5 hours drive from where I am. Yep, I would have to relocate. I don't know if I want the job that much, but I've applied, and if I get called for an interview, then I'll start thinking about the logistics of such a move.

On a smaller scale, I bought two new packs of chicken fillets today, took and old one to be dumped out of the fridge, got distracted, and ended up emptying the contents of one of the new packs into the bin before I realised my mistake. What a waste of €3.50 :roll:

Several weeks ago we went to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and spent 3 days. We stayed in a Chalet on the side of a mountain in Gatlinburg, TN. Had a great time and the drive through the Smoky Mountains was beautiful. The mountain streams rushing down the mountain were awesome. We put the windows down to hear the sound of the rushing water.

It's pancakes, it's pancakes, It's pancakes, it's pancakes, it's pancakes :exc: it's pancakes, it's pancakes, it's pancakes, it's pancakes, it's pancakes :exc: it's pancakes, It's pancakes, it's pancakes, it's pancakes :exc: it's pancakes, it's pancakes .. PANCAKES!! 

Yep, it sure is. :D  We had some on Sunday … although after working all day, coming home to find the batter made, I'd assumed OH was going to cook them for me for a change, but he then just said that cooking pancakes was my job, and I had to do it.  Not impressed.  Not much love went into that cooking. :giggle2: Feeling more mellow today and also expecting to have to make them, so don't mind that I'll have to stand at the stove later on … ;)

Tee hee, I love pancakes too. We are having bought pancakes for the first time, 'cos flipping your own pancakes is too much of a faff.

Good luck with the job Noll - whatever happens it will work out for the best.

As for pancakes - none for me - I have a gluten free pancake mix in the cupboard, but can't be bothered to make any. Maybe at the weekend.

I have my mind on other things at the moment. I went for a routine mammogram a few weeks ago and had a letter this morning asking me to come for further assessments on Friday this week. I know it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but am still a little anxious. I found a lump once before that turned out to be nothing, so I guess it's better safe than sorry.  

We were going to make pancakes last weekend but we felt too tired for it, hopefully soon though.

I applied for a job today, an administrative position with the Students Union of University College Dublin. Which is 3.5 hours drive from where I am. Yep, I would have to relocate. I don't know if I want the job that much, but I've applied, and if I get called for an interview, then I'll start thinking about the logistics of such a move.

On a smaller scale, I bought two new packs of chicken fillets today, took and old one to be dumped out of the fridge, got distracted, and ended up emptying the contents of one of the new packs into the bin before I realised my mistake. What a waste of €3.50 :roll:

I hope you'll be called for an interview :). Shame about the chicken :(.

Several weeks ago we went to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and spent 3 days. We stayed in a Chalet on the side of a mountain in Gatlinburg, TN. Had a great time and the drive through the Smoky Mountains was beautiful. The mountain streams rushing down the mountain were awesome. We put the windows down to hear the sound of the rushing water.

I'm glad you had a nice trip :)

I have my mind on other things at the moment. I went for a routine mammogram a few weeks ago and had a letter this morning asking me to come for further assessments on Friday this week. I know it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but am still a little anxious. I found a lump once before that turned out to be nothing, so I guess it's better safe than sorry.

I hope it will turn out to be nothing. I don't know if this will make you feel better, but here in the Netherlands, about 1 out of 20 people whom they call for further assessment after the routine things, turns out to have a problem, the rest of them do not. I have a semi-family member who had the same thing and for her it turned out to be benign / nothing to worry about. So I hope you will be okay.

Tee hee, I love pancakes too. We are having bought pancakes for the first time, 'cos flipping your own pancakes is too much of a faff.

I don't do proper flipping I must admit .. I flip them over but nothing like the full two-handed-watch-out-ceiling job :D I used to .. I must be turning into a scaredy cat :D

I hope it will turn out to be nothing. I don't know if this will make you feel better, but here in the Netherlands, about 1 out of 20 people whom they call for further assessment after the routine things, turns out to have a problem, the rest of them do not. I have a semi-family member who had the same thing and for her it turned out to be benign / nothing to worry about. So I hope you will be okay.

The letter they sent me said much the same thing. Like you say, it is probably nothing to worry about. I can't say I am particularly looking forward to the appointment though.  

Talisman, I've been that route a couple of times. I know how scary it can be. Praying for it to all be well.

Pancakes, uh...sick of them. Hubby pretty much made them EVERY DAY for the littles. I can't tolerate even the smell right now, lol!

Noll, hope the interview goes your way if its what you want to do,

I'm now wrapping my brain around the fact that I will be starting my employment with Amazon.com on Sunday evening. I'm doing the overnight shift. It pays more but it will be a real challenge for me. Its not my ideal shift (Sunday-Wednesday, 6:45-5:15 am). Havent worked overnights since I was in law enforcement.

Things are turning around slowly and for that I am grateful and thankful!

I'm now wrapping my brain around the fact that I will be starting my employment with Amazon.com on Sunday evening. I'm doing the overnight shift. It pays more but it will be a real challenge for me. Its not my ideal shift (Sunday-Wednesday, 6:45-5:15 am). Havent worked overnights since I was in law enforcement.

If it suits you, could you please write a little about when you were in law enforcement?