What's Up in February? - 2015

chesilbeach

Woke up this morning to a VERY quiet house. No little ones climbing in the bed and crawling on top of papa, no baby gurgling in her playpen, no 5 and 6 year old's growling tummy demanding a breakfast of pancakes. Even the dog is out of sorts, almost like she knows that they won't be living here anymore.

As I've done all the putting away yesterday and last night there really is nothing for me to do. Everything that I want to do as far as cosmetic stuff for the house has to wait until we get some money so its pretty much prepping for that great great day. Guess I'll do some online job searching. Hubby has been getting calls about his resume so hopefully something will come through.

Sometime today we'll be going exploring downtown and then have a nice belated anniversary dinner. All this unaccustomed time, wow.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sick.  Everyone in my house is pretty much ill.  My daughter got the flu the day we got to Disneyland.  But before that, she had a cold.  Then, my mom and I got the cold.  Now my mom has the flu.  I think I started getting it yesterday.  We are just trading around the sicknesses! 

And my mom gets super mean when she is sick!  :hide:

Edited by Anna Begins

Busy week ahead here, it's Maddie's birthday today (14), Steve is arriving back in the UK this evening for 9 days, meal out for Maddie tomorrow evening. Robbie's 10th birthday is next Thursday, another meal out, and this weekend Maddie is having a sleepover with 3 friends and Robbie is having a football party with 20 friends on Sunday!

Then next week is Charlie's GCSE mocks, plus Steve's yearly medical and my usual 2 agility classes and everything thing else we usually do like football and athletics and badminton!

I may not read much this week! But I will drink wine!

Sick.  Everyone in my house is pretty much ill.  My daughter got the flu the day we got to Disneyland.  But before that, she had a cold.  Then, my mom and I got the cold.  Now my mom has the flu.  I think I started getting it yesterday.  We are just trading around the sicknesses! 

And my mom gets super mean when she is sick!  :hide:

I hope you all get well soon :flowers2:

Long day at work today, but now it's over, I've got the weekend in my sights … just tomorrow morning to go! :cool:  Think I might try and bake a cake this weekend … I've seen a nice looking sticky lemon and poppyseed one I might try.

I hope the cake will be delicious :)!

Busy week ahead here, it's Maddie's birthday today (14), Steve is arriving back in the UK this evening for 9 days, meal out for Maddie tomorrow evening. Robbie's 10th birthday is next Thursday, another meal out, and this weekend Maddie is having a sleepover with 3 friends and Robbie is having a football party with 20 friends on Sunday!

Then next week is Charlie's GCSE mocks, plus Steve's yearly medical and my usual 2 agility classes and everything thing else we usually do like football and athletics and badminton!

I may not read much this week! But I will drink wine!

Long day at work today, but now it's over, I've got the weekend in my sights … just tomorrow morning to go! :cool:  Think I might try and bake a cake this weekend … I've seen a nice looking sticky lemon and poppyseed one I might try.

You've got lemon and poppyseed on the brain now Claire  :D Sounds delicious .. let us know how it goes :)

Good luck with your busy week Hayley xx The wine will help :D

Sorry to hear that so many of your family are unwell Gaia .. hope they're all on the mend soon :)

Winter is so harsh .. I've still got a sore throat I can't shake. Hope to be able to get a lot of reading done this weekend. Intend to read, eat quantities of toast and drink gallons of tea. That's got to do you good :D The roofers are coming on Monday and there'll be people in the house (boo) .. doors and windows left open and a roof off in the kitchen :hide:  :cold: Not looking forward to it but you can't make an omelette and all that  :blush2: 

Sorry to hear that so many of your family are unwell Gaia .. hope they're all on the mend soon :)

Winter is so harsh .. I've still got a sore throat I can't shake. Hope to be able to get a lot of reading done this weekend. Intend to read, eat quantities of toast and drink gallons of tea. That's got to do you good :D The roofers are coming on Monday and there'll be people in the house (boo) .. doors and windows left open and a roof off in the kitchen :hide:  :cold: Not looking forward to it but you can't make an omelette and all that  :blush2: 

Thanks Kay :). I've been having a bad headache and aching muscles myself since yesterday afternoon. It seems to be a bit better this morning.

I wish you lots of fun in the weekend and good luck with the roofers on Monday! I can imagine it will be difficult, it always is for me, so I wish you lots of strength and hope things will be done sooner rather than later :).

Just been up to John Lewis and bought myself a walking foot, some quilting needles and some new bobbins for my sewing machine.  I can't believe how unexciting my life sounds when I write stuff in here!  I did also have a coffee and a read, so it was a bit more frivolous than it sounds, but then I had to do food shopping on the way home as well, so back to the mundane. :lol:

Had a lovely time at church this morning and now I'm wrapped in my afghan watching The Ten Commandments (with Charlton Heston). I took my meds for my neck and its rendered me pretty lazy so lazy I'll be. Hubby loves cooking so I don't have to do dinner today.

Just been up to John Lewis and bought myself a walking foot, some quilting needles and some new bobbins for my sewing machine.  I can't believe how unexciting my life sounds when I write stuff in here!  I did also have a coffee and a read, so it was a bit more frivolous than it sounds, but then I had to do food shopping on the way home as well, so back to the mundane. :lol:

lol, well I find other people's lives can be interesting even if they think it isn't :). It sounds like you had an allright weekend :).

Had a lovely time at church this morning and now I'm wrapped in my afghan watching The Ten Commandments (with Charlton Heston). I took my meds for my neck and its rendered me pretty lazy so lazy I'll be. Hubby loves cooking so I don't have to do dinner today.

Sometimes it's nice to be lazy :)!

Yesterday I spent a lot of time cooking a tart with vegetables and spekjes (bacon bits), and eggs and such. It was delicious! We had half of it for dinner and will have the other half for dinner tonight, so after doing a lot of cooking yesterday I won't need to do a lot of cooking today :). I also read a lot yesterday so that was very fun.

Today Ilse will be here soon (ambulante hulp) and in the afternoon I plan on writing a lot of reviews for all the books I read in the past few days.

This morning I helped my dad translate a German text. I don't normally read German much nowadays, but I still remembered quite a few things and of course I also used the internet to look some words up. I'm tired now from it but am glad I could help him.

It's a bit icy here today!  Walked down the road to the car, and stepped on a slippery bit and slid into the road … managed to stay on my feet and avoid the car turning the corner into the road, but it was a bit dicey for a second.  :o 

Took the car to the garage to be serviced, and then walked to the village for a coffee and a bit of reading time.  Managed about half an hour before the mums and babies arrived en masse, presumably after dropping off older children at school.  Got too noisy then, even with earphones in, so headed back, and now about to settle down for a serious reading session. :)

Hubby got a job!!! Its better than the one he was let go from and it has good benefits and NO weekends!!! The only drawback is that he doesnt start til next month. Now here's the ironic part. Two men are being hired for this position, hubby and a guy named Mike. Now get ready for the ironic part. Mike was hired to replace my husband from the OTHER job. He lasted 3 weeks. Go figure.

Hubby got a job!!! Its better than the one he was let go from and it has good benefits and NO weekends!!! The only drawback is that he doesnt start til next month. Now here's the ironic part. Two men are being hired for this position, hubby and a guy named Mike. Now get ready for the ironic part. Mike was hired to replace my husband from the OTHER job. He lasted 3 weeks. Go figure.

Congrats!!! Oh wow, that is ironic! Hope he likes this job and things go well!

I started my new job today and things went well! I could definitely get used to working in my pajamas with my cat hanging around for pets. :D

Congratulations to your husband! And that is ironic..

I started my new job today and things went well! I could definitely get used to working in my pajamas with my cat hanging around for pets. :D

I'm glad things are going well :).

I've been quite tired lately, I hope to rest a bit today. I might go to a book trading evening that's tonight nearby here, if I feel up for it later on. I've not been there before but my mum said she'd have some time to go with me. I feel like if I don't go now, because it's too scary, then I probably won't ever for the same reasons. But of course I should feel up for it, if I feel too tired there's no point in going and talking with other people :blush2:.

Wow. Definitely ironic, and a little bit funny :lol: Hope all goes well for hubby when he starts the new job!

Wahey! Yeah I'm sure I could too if I could find any such job here!

I might go to a book trading evening that's tonight nearby here, if I feel up for it later on. I've not been there before but my mum said she'd have some time to go with me. I feel like if I don't go now, because it's too scary, then I probably won't ever for the same reasons. But of course I should feel up for it, if I feel too tired there's no point in going and talking with other people :blush2:.

No, don't force yourself, but if the only thing that turned out to be making you hesitate was uncertainty, then it might be worth the push :)

I got my ticket for the gig I'm going to in 18 days! Always feels more real once the event ticket arrives.

No, don't force yourself, but if the only thing that turned out to be making you hesitate was uncertainty, then it might be worth the push :)

I got my ticket for the gig I'm going to in 18 days! Always feels more real once the event ticket arrives.

Yeah, it was mainly that :). I had fun in the end of the event though in the beginning I was a bit confused. I'm going to write about it in my book blog (with a list of the books I got).

That's exciting :D!

Sheesh, well I am back! Been having some eye trouble the last weeks again, haven't been able to read or go online for longer than ten minutes. Out of despair started on audiobooks (Stephen Fry's Harry Potter, love em but rather read myself).. november I got a little splinter in my eye with doing some home improvement, doc removed that and was fine after, but a month after that it acted up again and guess was not gone, then in hospital the eye doc scraped a bit off my cornea. Ouch! Lots of pain after. Then after a while my eye was fine again, the suddenly out of the blue my eye acted up again, back to eye doc and that little wound on my cornea had opened up again. Again, scraping off, lotsa pain, eye bandage for some days. Pff .After almost two weeks I am finally able to do a bit more and the wound on my cornea has healed up almost completely. Still salving 5 times a day.

So, no reading for me the past weeks, there goes my plan to read more hehe. The audiobooks were nice but not completely my thing. Anyway, let's hope it keeps on healing. :)

What's happening? February makes me long for spring, plus some warmer days and longer light have me thinking spring is near. There are some spring flowers coming up too.. and I want to do some gardening! Hehe.. for the last years I have been sowing some veggies and fruits, in a few weeks I'm allowed to again. ;) Ordered some beans (green beans and erm, pods? peas but eaten while they're still flat), squash, radish seeds today, can't sow them for a while yet but love to have everything in so I can plan when to do what.

Tomatoes, peppers, chili's, ground cherries, some herbs. Love it.

Anyone else excited fro spring? Hehe, I do hate winter!

Sheesh, well I am back! Been having some eye trouble the last weeks again, haven't been able to read or go online for longer than ten minutes. Out of despair started on audiobooks (Stephen Fry's Harry Potter, love em but rather read myself).. november I got a little splinter in my eye with doing some home improvement, doc removed that and was fine after, but a month after that it acted up again and guess was not gone, then in hospital the eye doc scraped a bit off my cornea. Ouch! Lots of pain after. Then after a while my eye was fine again, the suddenly out of the blue my eye acted up again, back to eye doc and that little wound on my cornea had opened up again. Again, scraping off, lotsa pain, eye bandage for some days. Pff .After almost two weeks I am finally able to do a bit more and the wound on my cornea has healed up almost completely. Still salving 5 times a day.

So, no reading for me the past weeks, there goes my plan to read more hehe. The audiobooks were nice but not completely my thing. Anyway, let's hope it keeps on healing. :)

I'm so sorry about your eye trouble :(! I hope it will heal up soon!

It is quite cold outside, isn't it? We're also seeing some more flowers in our garden. I hope it'll get a bit warmer soon, too.

Looks like I might be working at Amazon.com. As soon as they get my drug test results back in I should be put on schedule.

I hope your new job will be nice :)!

Bit of a poor few days. I woke up yesterday and after some breakfast realised I needed to buy some food. When I went to get in my car I discovered that someone had crashed into it while it was parked and just driven off without leaving a note. The result is that I had to take the train to work and back which cost £18 and increased my commute time by almost 2 hours. I've also had to make a claim on my insurance and pay the excess (I think this is called a deductible in the US) which is really annoying. The garage will pick it up on Monday and then I will find out if it can be repairs or if it will be written off.

Oh Brian .. that's just awful. How irresponsible of the person to drive off and not do the decent thing by leaving a note. So unfair to put you to all that trouble, inconvenience and expense  :censored: Hope the damage is not too bad. 

Sorry to hear about your eye Felidae .. sounds so painful. Hope you're soon able to read again :hug: