chesilbeach

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rabbits rabbits rabbits - if anyone else on the forum does that. :lol:

I'm trying to pick my next read, so I can read a bit before sleep. Thinking about cataloguing all my books tomorrow, and attempting to arrange them by colour across my three shelves.

Social life, shmocial life.

January seemed to drag in didn't it? :)

Its our Islay's 1st birthday on the 2nd February, my sister is having a wee party for her. :)

Thinking about cataloguing all my books tomorrow, and attempting to arrange them by colour across my three shelves.

Social life, shmocial life.

I'm jealous! Sounds like so much fun. :D  :blush2:

I've had a quiet weekend of sleeping and working. A friend (one of the ones whose lecture to 'get out more' led me to start the Introversion thread) dropped by yesterday and we took her dog for a walk. Tomorrow I'm going to visit Mum in her new place and hopefully we'll manage to sort out her phone line and get her Internet connected.

I spent the day packing the littles' toys and clothes. They will be moving back with mommy and daddy on Wednesday. We will miss them SO much but part of the process of healing is for them to be together. The parents are in a better place and mental space. They have moved in with his dad in another state and its for the better. It will give us a place to visit and its only 3 hours away.

Now hubby and I have to adjust to pretty much empty nesters. Our youngest is 19 and works. When he's not working he's with his friends so its almost like he's not here. I do make him call me daily so I can just hear his voice. I can't say I'll miss the broken sleep and midnight feedings. The 22 month old climbs in our bed every morning. This morning I got sucker punched in the nose and headbutted. So yeah, that part I WONT miss!

We can now focus on job searching and getting to know our new community. There hasn't been much time for exploring since we've had the children since we moved here. New beginnings, gotta love them!

I'm trying to pick my next read, so I can read a bit before sleep. Thinking about cataloguing all my books tomorrow, and attempting to arrange them by colour across my three shelves.

This sounds nice :)

Its our Islay's 1st birthday on the 2nd February, my sister is having a wee party for her. :)

I hope you have fun :)

I've had a quiet weekend of sleeping and working. A friend (one of the ones whose lecture to 'get out more' led me to start the Introversion thread) dropped by yesterday and we took her dog for a walk. Tomorrow I'm going to visit Mum in her new place and hopefully we'll manage to sort out her phone line and get her Internet connected.

Good luck, I hope you get it all sorted :)

I spent the day packing the littles' toys and clothes. They will be moving back with mommy and daddy on Wednesday. We will miss them SO much but part of the process of healing is for them to be together. The parents are in a better place and mental space. They have moved in with his dad in another state and its for the better. It will give us a place to visit and its only 3 hours away.

Now hubby and I have to adjust to pretty much empty nesters. Our youngest is 19 and works. When he's not working he's with his friends so its almost like he's not here. I do make him call me daily so I can just hear his voice. I can't say I'll miss the broken sleep and midnight feedings. The 22 month old climbs in our bed every morning. This morning I got sucker punched in the nose and headbutted. So yeah, that part I WONT miss!

We can now focus on job searching and getting to know our new community. There hasn't been much time for exploring since we've had the children since we moved here. New beginnings, gotta love them!

That will be a big change! It makes sense you will miss all the children :(. I hope you can visit them now and then. I hope you will have some more time to rest and focus on yourself and maybe making some new friends :).

Well, I have several plans for this week. We plan to go out to a restaurant to celebrate our anniversary (which was last week but my mum was ill so she couldn't drive us) and we plan to go to the book fair and to visit my sister. Unfortunately, I woke up with a very bad headache and soon after became nauteous too. I really hope it's not another virus, but that it's PMS instead. Time will tell, though. I hope to feel good enough to do these things that we've planned, but if not we can hopefully reschedule. I don't feel up for much at the moment, feeling like this.

I've been rather ill this past few days, but I'm starting to feel a little better now. We had my Grom round for Sunday dinner yesterday, which is always nice. Both my classes were cancelled last week - the dance class was cancelled by the tutor for reasons unknown, and I had to cancel on the aquafit class as I was still too ill (full of cold and no sleep for three nights coz Josh has a touch of it too - poor kid!). Hoping that this week I'll be able to go to both classes though!

February always seems to whiz by fast, although I think part of that is that January always seems so long, so February feels so much shorter by comparison - LOL!

I still have not organised my book shelves. Not since I mentioned it a couple of days ago, and not since I moved in 9 months ago :lol: I get these grand ideas in the middle of the night but by the time the following day rolls around my attitude is comprised of 'meh' and 'can't be bothered'. :giggle:

Hopefully I have a friend coming down at the weekend, if his girlfriend doesn't object to him not spending the weekend with her. I hope she doesn't, I haven't seen him since November.

Kell, I hope you feel better soon :) 

Noll, have a great time with your friend. :)

Islay's party was a lot of fun, she had the best time. :)

Hopefully I have a friend coming down at the weekend, if his girlfriend doesn't object to him not spending the weekend with her. I hope she doesn't, I haven't seen him since November.

If he is coming down, I hope you both have fun :).

Islay's party was a lot of fun, she had the best time. :)

I'm glad she had a lot of fun :).

I'm feeling better today than I did yesterday. Fingers crossed I'll keep feeling allright so I can do the things I planned to do this week.

Well, I just accepted a job working from home taking phone messages for doctors. I start Monday which means I have some work to do making my tiny apartment into an entire home as well as an office. :) I'm so happy to finally be working towards something again! The pay isn't outstanding, but its a job and it has insurance and the cat won't have to deal with being alone all day. 

Hope everyone feeling ill feels better asap!  :empathy:

Today was pretty much the same as yesterday … work was pretty good, and lunchtime reading was much better which made the afternoon easier. :lol:  Treated myself to a couple of squares of chocolate when I got home, and it's a new flavour I've not tried before - milk chocolate with Cornish sea salt and lime… it's delicious, sort of like eating chocolate lime sweets but without the hard boiled sweet shell, but still getting that lovely tart lime taste in it. :smile2:

Well, I just accepted a job working from home taking phone messages for doctors. I start Monday which means I have some work to do making my tiny apartment into an entire home as well as an office. :) I'm so happy to finally be working towards something again! The pay isn't outstanding, but its a job and it has insurance and the cat won't have to deal with being alone all day. 

Oh that's brilliant Abby, well done! Hope it goes well for you :)

Fantastic news Abby, I am so pleased for you :)

My dance class has been cancelled for te second week running. Last week we weren't given a reason other than the teacher couldn't make it. This week we've been told it's due to a family bereavement. We're waiting to hear if the classes will be cancelled altogether, or will be rescheduled for a later date. :( In the meantime, my cousin and I are looking for an alternative ballroom and Latin American dance class and also looking into some other classes to try...

Congratulations :)!

Today was pretty much the same as yesterday … work was pretty good, and lunchtime reading was much better which made the afternoon easier. :lol:  Treated myself to a couple of squares of chocolate when I got home, and it's a new flavour I've not tried before - milk chocolate with Cornish sea salt and lime… it's delicious, sort of like eating chocolate lime sweets but without the hard boiled sweet shell, but still getting that lovely tart lime taste in it. :smile2:

I'm glad you had a nice day :)

My dance class has been cancelled for te second week running. Last week we weren't given a reason other than the teacher couldn't make it. This week we've been told it's due to a family bereavement. We're waiting to hear if the classes will be cancelled altogether, or will be rescheduled for a later date. :( In the meantime, my cousin and I are looking for an alternative ballroom and Latin American dance class and also looking into some other classes to try...

Awwww :(. If it goes get cancelled, I hope you can find another nice class to try.

Yesterday we went out for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. We did some shopping first, which was fun. We managed to find a few things we'd been looking for for a while but couldn't find (like a tray that would fit into our oven / microwave). In another shop, we waited for about half an hour to pay for some games my boyfriend wanted, it was agony and several times we thought about just leaving. These people came in just a moment before we arrived at the counter, and they had lots of second hand stuff to hand in and the guy at the counter kept chattering on to them and had to scan all the games, and some things went wrong so it took longer.. There was another guy behind the counter, not sure what he was really doing, I feel he could've just helped us! We were able to pay in the end but I was pretty angry by then at being completely ignored and having to wait so bloody long!

Unfortunately, because we had to wait so long in that games shop, we arrived at the restaurant later so it was busier. I loved the first half of our meal at the restaurant. The food was great and it wasn't that busy yet. But then it rapidly got busier and busier. We could not talk any more, we couldn't hear each other! I put on my iPod for a while because my ear plugs weren't enough. Then after we finished some food we thought about ordering icecream for dessert. But I couldn't stand it anymore. I wanted to run away screaming because of all the noise and input. I started to cry and break down, so my boyfriend said we'd just pay and leave, never mind about the icecream. So we left. I feel sorry the evening ended on a sour note, I didn't expect it to be so busy and was totally overwhelmed by it. The fact that we were almost surrounded by a lot of teenage girls and young chattery women didn't help. Elsewhere there were a few children too who were shouting and being noisy. I felt so completely uncomfortable and in pain during the second half of the meal. It didn't help that they messed up our order, either, so we got something we didn't order, didn't get what we did order and two of the things we ordered arrived very late (like, after we'd finished everything else and thought about icecream). It was a restaurant where you order a lot of little dishes.

Anyway.. I did have a fun day out for the most part. I'm going to try to rest today, I'm quite tired from yesterday. Unfortunately, if I keep being this tired, I can't go out tomorrow to visit my sister. I'll see how things go the rest of the day but I'm feeling very tired so to be honest I doubt I'll feel up for it.

Edited by Athena

Another alright day at work, but kept getting interrupted during my lunch break, so didn't read as much as I wanted to. :(  Will have to rectify that this evening with an extra reading session.  Still, over the hump day now, and on the downhill slope to the weekend! :D

Congratulations :)!

I'm glad you had a nice day :)

Awwww :(. If it goes get cancelled, I hope you can find another nice class to try.

Yesterday we went out for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. We did some shopping first, which was fun. We managed to find a few things we'd been looking for for a while but couldn't find (like a tray that would fit into our oven / microwave). In another shop, we waited for about half an hour to pay for some games my boyfriend wanted, it was agony and several times we thought about just leaving. These people came in just a moment before we arrived at the counter, and they had lots of second hand stuff to hand in and the guy at the counter kept chattering on to them and had to scan all the games, and some things went wrong so it took longer.. There was another guy behind the counter, not sure what he was really doing, I feel he could've just helped us! We were able to pay in the end but I was pretty angry by then at being completely ignored and having to wait so bloody long!

Unfortunately, because we had to wait so long in that games shop, we arrived at the restaurant later so it was busier. I loved the first half of our meal at the restaurant. The food was great and it wasn't that busy yet. But then it rapidly got busier and busier. We could not talk any more, we couldn't hear each other! I put on my iPod for a while because my ear plugs weren't enough. Then after we finished some food we thought about ordering icecream for dessert. But I couldn't stand it anymore. I wanted to run away screaming because of all the noise and input. I started to cry and break down, so my boyfriend said we'd just pay and leave, never mind about the icecream. So we left. I feel sorry the evening ended on a sour note, I didn't expect it to be so busy and was totally overwhelmed by it. The fact that we were almost surrounded by a lot of teenage girls and young chattery women didn't help. Elsewhere there were a few children too who were shouting and being noisy. I felt so completely uncomfortable and in pain during the second half of the meal. It didn't help that they messed up our order, either, so we got something we didn't order, didn't get what we did order and two of the things we ordered arrived very late (like, after we'd finished everything else and thought about icecream). It was a restaurant where you order a lot of little dishes.

Anyway.. I did have a fun day out for the most part. I'm going to try to rest today, I'm quite tired from yesterday. Unfortunately, if I keep being this tired, I can't go out tomorrow to visit my sister. I'll see how things go the rest of the day but I'm feeling very tired so to be honest I doubt I'll feel up for it.

Thanks guys <3 I'm so excited. I'm trying to find some help to get this big desk in my garage into my apartment so I can set up a nice workspace plus my sewing machine and painting stuff. 

Athena :( *big hugs* I hope today is a much better day for you and you're able to see your sister today.  :empathy:

Took my little ones to meet their parents. It was hard to say good bye and even harder to come home without them being here. What a bitter sweet day. Today was our anniversary and we had to pack their things away. I miss them so much. My two oldest cried when I talked to them. They're happy with going to mommy and daddy but it still broke their hearts. Tomorrow starts a new chapter.

Wow, congratulations Abby! Working from home is pretty awesome (she says, sitting around in her PJs yet again :D).

Athena, that sounds like a horribly uncomfortable day. :( I hate it when you just miss out on the being the first to the counter and then you have to wait ages to be served. It was rude of the customer service person not to hurry things along when he knew you were waiting. I probably would have eventually asked the other person to help me.

Sorry to hear about your meal as well. :( I hope it goes better next time you eat out. I like to go out as early as possible so I'm leaving by the time most people are arriving, but it depends on who I go out with. My family are all early eaters, but my friends usually eat later. :)

Note: Some emoticons removed.

Another alright day at work, but kept getting interrupted during my lunch break, so didn't read as much as I wanted to.  Will have to rectify that this evening with an extra reading session.  Still, over the hump day now, and on the downhill slope to the weekend!

I hope you can read some more in the weekend :)

Athena :( *big hugs* I hope today is a much better day for you and you're able to see your sister today.

Thanks Abby *big hug back* :). I didn't go to see my sister today, I was too tired for that. I hope to feel better with some days of rest, but we'll see.

Today I spent ten minutes wrestling a tin of tuna that did not want to be opened.

Argh! That is annoying. 

Took my little ones to meet their parents. It was hard to say good bye and even harder to come home without them being here. What a bitter sweet day. Today was our anniversary and we had to pack their things away. I miss them so much. My two oldest cried when I talked to them. They're happy with going to mommy and daddy but it still broke their hearts. Tomorrow starts a new chapter.

Awwww :(

Athena, that sounds like a horribly uncomfortable day. I hate it when you just miss out on the being the first to the counter and then you have to wait ages to be served. It was rude of the customer service person not to hurry things along when he knew you were waiting. I probably would have eventually asked the other person to help me.

Sorry to hear about your meal as well. I hope it goes better next time you eat out. I like to go out as early as possible so I'm leaving by the time most people are arriving, but it depends on who I go out with. My family are all early eaters, but my friends usually eat later.

Thanks, Kylie :)!