What's Up in February? - 2015

chesilbeach

Spoke to my housemate about my unintentionally removing a light fixture from the ceiling, and she's totally fine about it, so I'm incredibly relieved. The parties she and her BF have til all hours do my head in, but I honestly couldn't ask for an otherwise more sound housemate/landlord. I even capped my good fortune by taking her positive response as a sign that I should ask about paying the bills a couple days late, so I have some spending money for London this weekend, and her response was, 'pfft, course.' Delighted, no more stress now (hopefully) before London on Saturday. :lol:

That ought to not care with those parties!  :o If I were them, I wouldn't be complaining at anything- if anything they couldn't ask for an "otherwise" sound housemate.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gorgeous day here … just been out to the shops, the bus was on time(!), the sun was out, all the shops had what I wanted, everyone was smiling, tea and toast and a read in the café, lovely walk back.  Fingers crossed it stays for the rest of the day! :D

This sounds lovely :).

If I were them, I wouldn't be complaining at anything- if anything they couldn't ask for an "otherwise" sound housemate.

That is very true, Noll, you are a great housemate!

The weather has been quite nice today :). My mum came home from her meeting and is now working at home, we had a talk for a while and that was nice. I've been doing some reading and also been doing a few things on the computer. I was feeling tired near the end of the morning. I had a healthy lunch consisting of a salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, mushroom, onion). I also had a shower and felt better after that. Now, hopefully some more reading :).

That ought to not care with those parties!  :o If I were them, I wouldn't be complaining at anything- if anything they couldn't ask for an "otherwise" sound housemate.

Yeahhh well. Honestly I'd take housemates with a few parties who don't mind me smashing their lights and paying bills late, than housemates without who don't party. There's always gonna be some flaw with housemates.

Except me, I am a flawlessly quiet, tidy, and generally absent housemate :lol:

I have finished work for a week, and am off to Iceland again on Sunday morning for 5 days of mooching around my favourite city. I have booked the Northern Lights tour as per the usual advice for 6 hours after I land, and this time I am doing it properly - in a big jeep driven my an even bigger and burlier Icelander bearing vodka and hot chocolate - I know how to travel in style. :D The Aurora forecast is looking good with one of the best nights of the season projected, All I want now then is for the clouds to stay away so that I can see them.

I have finished work for a week, and am off to Iceland again on Sunday morning for 5 days of mooching around my favourite city. I have booked the Northern Lights tour as per the usual advice for 6 hours after I land, and this time I am doing it properly - in a big jeep driven my an even bigger and burlier Icelander bearing vodka and hot chocolate - I know how to travel in style. :D The Aurora forecast is looking good with one of the best nights of the season projected, All I want now then is for the clouds to stay away so that I can see them.

I wish you lots of fun :)!

Have a great time June! I'm always so jealous any time you go to Iceland, I'd love to go there. I definitely will, someday, I just don't know when. I have a friend who is from Akureyri, living in Reykjavik, so I'd love to go visit him and get a tour from a local. :)

A photo of the trees covered in the recent snow.

Oh what a beautiful photo Muggle! Thanks for sharing :)

I'm mostly packed for London, now I'm just waiting to hear back from the girl I'm going with about what time we're meeting in the morning. Not worried just yet that I haven't had a reply from her, but a bit irritated as we're gonna have to meet around 7:30 and it's now 9pm the night before.

Although if she has disappeared off the face of the planet, I already have her accommodation money so I'll just grab a different friend and go :lol:

Have such a wonderful time!  How long will you be gone?  Do you have plans?

Just one night :lol: Can't afford to go for longer. Going to see my favourite musician, Andrew McMahon, play a gig tomorrow night. Also stopping by Platform 9 3/4 and the Harry Potter Shop that's there, because I'm staying just across the road from Kings Cross, and also gonna pop down to 'Baker Street' from Sherlock (the BBC filming location).

Quick trip, but a few nice things packed in :) So excitttteeeeedddddd!!! :exc: :exc: :exc:

Just one night :lol: Can't afford to go for longer. Going to see my favourite musician, Andrew McMahon, play a gig tomorrow night. Also stopping by Platform 9 3/4 and the Harry Potter Shop that's there, because I'm staying just across the road from Kings Cross, and also gonna pop down to 'Baker Street' from Sherlock (the BBC filming location).

Quick trip, but a few nice things packed in :) So excitttteeeeedddddd!!! :exc: :exc: :exc:

Aw!  That sounds like fun!  I hope you get to sleep tonight :)

A photo of the trees covered in the recent snow.

What a beautiful photo :)

I'm mostly packed for London, now I'm just waiting to hear back from the girl I'm going with about what time we're meeting in the morning. Not worried just yet that I haven't had a reply from her, but a bit irritated as we're gonna have to meet around 7:30 and it's now 9pm the night before.

You probably won't see this anymore, but I wish you a lot of fun :).

Today I'll do some shopping and I plan to do some more reading. I'll also spend some time with my parents.

Did my first overnight shift at Amazon last night, got off this morning at 5:15am. I go back in this evening. Very fast paced and physically demanding but I'm thinking it will facilitate in my weightloss journey. I'm drinking lots of water, staying away from the sugary sweets buhbye! Its been a long time sense I've lived the life of the undead. I've got to get used to not sleeping beside my beloved 4 nights a week. He fixed me two boiled eggs and toast this morning. I'll take another nap before getting up and getting ready for work tonight.

Have a great time June! I'm always so jealous any time you go to Iceland, I'd love to go there. I definitely will, someday, I just don't know when. I have a friend who is from Akureyri, living in Reykjavik, so I'd love to go visit him and get a tour from a local. :)

You should definitely try and go - although I don't think you can fly direct from Ireland. Akureyri is a lovely city - I spent a day there last summer. In fact everything about Iceland is lovely. My arrival this year is perfectly timed to coincide with not only the best aurora forecast of the season, but also National Beer Day ! :D