Your Book Activity - February 2015

chesilbeach

I think I'm going to try and focus on The Rosie Effect today, I really want to get into it and possibly even finish it. 

I must read TRE this weekend too, otherwise I will be so many other books waiting for my attention  :giggle2:

I finished The Humans today. Excellent book. :)

:yes:

Woohoo!!! I can't remember anyone not liking The Humans … it's pretty unusual to find a book like that. :D

:I-Agree:

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having left We Are Completely Beside Ourselves unfinished, have just started Middlemarch this morning, having last read it many years ago as a teenager for A-level. From what I've read recently, I don't think I fully appreciated it (not fully a grown up I suspect, given Virginia Woolf's comments), and with it on the English Counties Challenge list, it seems due to be read. Definitely a challenge by the feel of it. Did I really read all of that then??

Anyway, completed the first 50-60 pages this morning, and it's definitely promising.

I have been reading Jane Eyre for about a week now and I'm quite enjoying it. Most of the week I haven't had time to read it because I've been so busy, but as of yesterday I'm on spring break! So hopefully I can finish out the book in the next few days. The plot is awesome  :D

Spent the morning ripping through a few of Jason Gurley's short stories, just found out that he used to design Hugh Howey's book covers.  Now am trying to finish The Man in the High Castle by Phillip K Dick before the read a thon ends on Sunday... I don't think I will make it!  :readingtwo:

How's The Rosie Effect going?

It's going good in that I love reading it, but the problems arise when I pick it up again to continue. I have to re-read some of the pages to know where I was at. But I think it's just that I have a lot on my mind these days :rolleyes: Not the book's fault! 

I must read TRE this weekend too, otherwise I will be so many other books waiting for my attention  :giggle2:

So many wonderful books, so little time :(:D  :readingtwo:  :friends3:

It's going good in that I love reading it, but the problems arise when I pick it up again to continue. I have to re-read some of the pages to know where I was at. But I think it's just that I have a lot on my mind these days :rolleyes: Not the book's fault! 

:empathy:

So many wonderful books, so little time :(:D  :readingtwo:  :friends3:

:giggle2:  :friends3: I am loving The Rosie Effect, and it is as good as the TRP so far. I read the Bluefin Tuna Incident bit last night, and there so many nuances in that. I'm loving this book so much  :wub:

:empathy:

:giggle2:  :friends3: I am loving The Rosie Effect, and it is as good as the TRP so far. I read the Bluefin Tuna Incident bit last night, and there so many nuances in that. I'm loving this book so much  :wub:

Oh my goodness yes! :D I started a thread on the book (both the books) and I now must hurry and go and add the page numbers to the spoilers so that people wont' read them before they've gotten to them. I'm not sure if you've gotten to that latter spoiler yet.... Oh how I wish I could say something to you on the subject but I can't! :D

Edited by frankie

Oh my goodness yes! :D I started a thread on the book (both the books and I now must hurry and go and add the page numbers to the spoilers so that people wont' read them before they've gotten to them. I'm not sure if you've gotten to that latter spoiler yet.... Oh how I wish I could say something to you on the subject but I can't! :D

:D  iI read both of the spoilers  :doh: . I just couldn't resist  :blush2:. It was my own fault.  :giggle2: .

I might put a spoiler about the Bluefin Tuna Incident sometime, but there were so many things going on in that incident, it's hard to start on it.

:D  iI read both of the spoilers  :doh: . I just couldn't resist  :blush2:. It was my own fault.  :giggle2: .

I might put a spoiler about the Bluefin Tuna Incident sometime, but there were so many things going on in that incident, it's hard to start on it.

Oh dear :D :D  :empathy:   Do you want me to try and resist posting spoilers so you don't have to try and resist reading them? :blush::giggle2: 

It's the kind of book that makes you want to post all kinds of spoilers, because there are so many incidents and things you want to talk about! :wub: 

Oh dear :D :D  :empathy:   Do you want me to try and resist posting spoilers so you don't have to try and resist reading them? :blush::giggle2: 

It's the kind of book that makes you want to post all kinds of spoilers, because there are so many incidents and things you want to talk about! :wub:

No, you do the spoilers frankie, and I will try resistance! *blush* I'm as far as the beginning of the playground incident. Oh Don! *cringe*

This is just that sort of book that you want to discuss with someone RIGHT NOW! I think that this is more subtle than the previous one. There are so many different nuances, I think.

No, you do the spoilers frankie, and I will try resistance! *blush* I'm as far as the beginning of the playground incident. Oh Don! *cringe*

This is just that sort of book that you want to discuss with someone RIGHT NOW! I think that this is more subtle than the previous one. There are so many different nuances, I think.

Okay, spoilers and resistance it is :D I saw you'd done a few of the spoilers yourself, but I managed to resist some of them. I know what you mean about the book being the sort that you want to talk about right now and I see you've PMd me on the subject, hurrah :D I shall go and read the PM!