Rest in Peace

Kylie

58 minutes ago, Brian. said:

I’m yet to read any of her work but reading the news reports today it’s clear to see how well respected she was and how this has come out of the blue.

Having seen the TV adaptation, I'm interested in the Wolf Hall books, but I suspect I'll never get around to reading them! 

Yes it was a shock, very sad.

I have the first two Wolf Hall books but still haven't read them!  I did love the TV series though, it was brilliantly acted and looked stunning. I think there is talk of filming the 3rd book as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I was very sad to hear it - he was a brilliant actor! 

Aldo very sad to hear of Angela Lansbury’s death :(. I have good memories of watching Murder, She Wrote after college to relax and I can’t imagine how many times I watched Bedknobs and Broomsticks as a child! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hayley said:

I was very sad to hear it - he was a brilliant actor! 

Aldo very sad to hear of Angela Lansbury’s death :(. I have good memories of watching Murder, She Wrote after college to relax and I can’t imagine how many times I watched Bedknobs and Broomsticks as a child! 

I always loved Murder She Wrote. I watched it as a child and right up til now. I'm named Jessica because of that show 😁 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

R.I.P Jerry Lee Lewis. He was one of the pioneers of Rock n' Roll and one of the greatest pianists of the 20th Century.

My wife got to see Jerry Lee Lewis perform live in Beaumont, Texas early in his career when he was 23 - 24 yrs old.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw Fay Weldon's name in the obituaries. She must have been getting on a bit but it is still sad. I never read any of her novels,but I liked them when they were adapted for telly. I remember The Life and Loves of a She Devil, and Big Women. I did read her autobiography, titled Auto Da Fay. IIRC she worked in the secret services for a while. Winston Churchill wrote 'very good' on one of her reports.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've only read two books written by Martin Amis, The Rachel Papers, and Money. I read Money when I was slowly dipping my toes into 'proper' literature and it is one of the books that showed me that you don't have to be a big brain box to enjoy it.