• Announcements

• Hayley

Signing Up   11/06/2018

Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

February Supporter Giveaway   02/07/2019

February already! And with February comes the next supporter giveaway. This month, with great thanks once again to www.thestorygift.co.uk , we have a brilliantly bookish set of 'storyteller' pencils (featuring famous first lines) and a retro library card notebook!      As always, you'll be automatically entered into the giveaway if you support the forum on patreon, or if your pre-patreon membership is still active. If you want to be involved in the giveaway but don't currently support, you can join the patreon at any point in February here:  www.patreon.com/bookclubforum . 
Kylie

Rest in Peace

Sad to hear that Anita Shreve passed away just before Easter, and also Steven Bochco, who wrote two of my all time favourite US cop shows - Hill Street Blues and NYPD Blue - also passed away the other day.

"Queen of Soul" Aretha Franklin passed away today at the age of 76. One of the greatest (if not the greatest) singers of all time.

May she RIP.

I loved everything about Aretha and her music and she will be very sadly missed. There really was never a voice quite like it. 

Everyone has their own personal favourite song of hers, but mine will always be Angel. It just gives me goose bumps.   

Albert Finney last week, and also author Rosamund Pilcher, who was the grand age of 94 and of course is best know for the Shell Seekers.

Just read that Andrea Levy passed away today. She wrote Small Island and The Long Song among others. Really saddened to hear this because I enjoyed her books so much. :(