Rest in Peace

Kylie

Sad to hear that Anita Shreve passed away just before Easter, and also Steven Bochco, who wrote two of my all time favourite US cop shows - Hill Street Blues and NYPD Blue - also passed away the other day.

• 4 months later...

I loved everything about Aretha and her music and she will be very sadly missed. There really was never a voice quite like it. 

Everyone has their own personal favourite song of hers, but mine will always be Angel. It just gives me goose bumps.   

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sad to report several recent demises:

Mark Hollis (singer with 80s bank Talk Talk), last week

Keith Flint (singer with the Prodigy) - yesterday

Luke Perry - Beverly Hills 90210, he was only 52, very tragic, as are the others.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Sad that Peter Mayhew, who was Chewbacca in the original Star Wars films (and part of The Force Awakens), passed away on Friday, the day before Star Wars Day.

• 6 months later...

Clive James

It has been a long time coming, but I'm sad to hear that Clive James has died (for those who do not know, he was originally diagnosed with a terminal illness 10 years ago). 

As a presenter during the 80s and 90s he gave us a unique insight into the world he travelled and also through his Clive James on TV program but, for me, his writing - and in particular his autobiography Falling Towards England - was a joyous read. 

I'm genuinely sad to see him go.

• 5 months later...

Little Richard, A legend of Rock N Roll died Saturday morning. He was one of the pioneers and stopped performing in his prime to attend a Bible College where he became a Minister. Later, he started performing again off and on.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/09/entertainment/little-richard-dead-obituary-trnd/index.html

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Hayley said:

Carlos Ruiz Zafon, author of The Shadow of the Wind has died. I really love those books. He was only 55 :( 

I have 2 of his books on my TBR, I was sad to hear of his passing :(. And only 55 :(.

9 hours ago, Raven said:

And Ian Holm has gone as well.  I had no idea he was 88.

Me either! May he rest in peace :(.

I knew Ian Holm had been ill for quite a long time.  the original Hobbit!

I didn't know about Carlos Ruiz Zafon, that's so tragic, I loved Shadow of the Wind and have a couple of the others in that series still to read.

Lots of tributes to Dame Vera, she lived to a wonderful age and luckily kept her faculties too.

• 2 months later...

Chadwick Boseman

I still cannot believe I'm typing that. 

I only really know him from the Marvel films, but I can understand why he is so important to so many. He bought a quiet strength and dignity to the role of King T'Challa and I suspect he would have been a key player in the next sequence of films.  Gone far too soon, but I think he has left a legacy that will inspire many for years to come.

Edited by Raven
Missing "s"!