Rest in Peace

Kylie

I was away for a few days when I heard the news about Prince - so shocking how many have died this year. 

They are saying that he stayed awake for 154 hours straight.  I wouldn't have thought this was possible.

That's a crazy-long time to stay awake, Shirley, yikes!

It's still obviously in the news here in Minneapolis, but his cause of death is still a mystery.  There are still big crowds at Paisley Park, with lots of tributes and purple flowers and balloons decorating the fence surrounding his home/studio.

Sad :(.  RIP Prince.

Earl Hamner, jr died on March 24, 2016. Many of the "older" forum members will know him from The Waltons TV show which he created. The Waltons was based on his hometown of Schuyler, Virginia situated on the East side of the Blue Ridge Mountains. I have visited Schuyler a number of times and just yesterday I was within 12 - 15 miles of Schuyler. :)

In any case, may he RIP.

Edited by muggle not

• 1 month later...

He was THE greatest boxer ever. A true champion, activist and philanthropist. Arrogant, cocky and silver tongued he knew the power of words and he never backed down. "Its not bragging if you can back it up."

R.I.P.

Edited by Virginia

Ali was marvelous.  We caught an old show (yesterday) that he'd been interviewed on back in the 70's, 1974 or 1976 I think.  He was so absolutely clear on his beliefs, and refused to be cornered into saying anything he didn't want to.  No matter how the panel tried to pin him down, he refused, with grace.

• 2 weeks later...

2016 can do one - it's officially the suckiest year ever for people dying! Not content with killing off our "vintage" stars, it's now started picking off the young ones too. It just sucks. It totally sucks!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...