Rest in Peace

Kylie

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So sad about Harper Lee. :( To Kill a Mockingbird was one of those books that really grasped me when I was a kid. I loved Scout and the idea of a Boo Radley in my neighborhood. Her newer book is actually on my TBR pile right now. 

I never heard of Umberto Eco, sadly. I'll have to look up The Name of the Rose.

• 2 weeks later...

Pat Conroy was laid to rest yesterday. He died of pancreatic cancer. He was the consumate Southern author and just the nicest guy. I had the pleasure of meeting with him on several occasions when I set up his book signings at the bookstore I used to work at.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pat+conroy+books&oq=pat+conroy&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l3.5811j0j4&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

• 4 weeks later...

I think Ronnie Corbett deserves a mention for his 50 odd years in comedy. A good clean family entertainer who didn't resort to swearing to get a laugh.

Oh no! I hadn't heard! I'm truly saddened by that news. Love Ronnie Corbett, a very funny man and like you say Garcia, a really decent family entertainer. A huge loss.

https://youtu.be/6dmhF1rqaZk

Edited by poppy

Very sorry to see Ronnie Corbett has passed away, he was a key feature of Saturday night viewing when I was a kid.

I must admit to getting a lump in my throat this lunchtime when I saw all the candle pictures on Twitter. There were four of them, you see... Very touching.

Very sorry to see Ronnie Corbett has passed away, he was a key feature of Saturday night viewing when I was a kid.

I must admit to getting a lump in my throat this lunchtime when I saw all the candle pictures on Twitter. There were four of them, you see... Very touching.

That's such a great tribute to him.

Ronnie Corbett was so talented. My kids and I can spend hours watching 'The Two Ronnies' on youtube.

• 3 weeks later...

Prince died at his Paisley Estate today. He as 57. He was sick Monday and his plane made an emergency landing. He went to the hospital and was released the next day.

Little Red Corvette

Purple Rain

Party Like Its 1999

When Doves Cry...

My heart is broken.