Rest in Peace

Kylie

I think my favourite Horner score is Wrath of Khan.  There are so many good parts to that score but the emotion in the piece as Kirk runs through the Enterprise to engineering sets up the scene that follows beautifully.

I have a number of his scores; Star Trek II and III, Rocketeer, Apollo 13, Titanic (which, I hasten to add, I always stop before Celine kicks off!) and Sneakers.

He leaves quite a body of work.  A good legacy.

Edited by Raven

What a poignant saying frankie. I have made a note of that.  :smile:

Thank you for saying that :) I've always really admired that phrase. It means the utmost respect and admiration towards the deceased. 

Edited by frankie

• 2 weeks later...

I fell in love with Omar because of his eyes in Doctor Zhivago:wub:

Dr. Zhivago is one of my favorite films. Omar became a legend because of his role in the movie.

Lawrence of Arabia was a great start for him. In the film they show a distant speck in the desert and it slowly comes closer until finally you see a man riding a camel and then he unwraps his "scarf?" and the first thing you see is those eyes., unforgettable.

I fell in love with Omar because of his eyes in Doctor Zhivago:wub:

Oh I know.....I used to wonder who my mum was on about this Omar guy. One of her favourites and then I say Dr Zhivago....he had those eyes to get lost in....so sad he has passed.