Cloudstreet by Tim Winton

Weave

Title of Book: Cloudstreet

Name of Author: Tim Winton

ISBN-10: 0330322699

ISBN-13: 978-0330322690

Synopsis:

Cloudstreet - a broke-down house of former glories on the wrong side of the tracks, a place teeming with memories of its own, a place of shudders and shadows and spirits. From separate catastrophes, two families flee to the city and find themselves sharing this great sighing structure and begin their lives again from scratch. Together they roister and rankle in a house that begins as a roof over their heads and becomes a home for their hearts.

'Cloudstreet' was my second visit into the world of Tim Winton, I read 'The Riders' first which I really enjoyed, then I read Cloudstreet and....I LOVED IT!, one of my books of the year for sure.

Cloudstreet tells the story of two families, The Pickles and The Lambs, two very different family who due to tragedy find themselves sharing a house, a house which has been split down the middle, where everything happens and anything can happen, a amazing insight into family life.

'Cloudstreet' is a fresh, funny and sometime melancholy book, the characters are sublime, the story does not miss a beat, I found by the end of the book, I felt like I was part of the house on Cloudstreet.

Read this book if you get the chance, you will not be disappointed.

Rating: 10/10

51A9tXAWxvL._AA240_-1.jpg

The two of his I've read, The Riders and particularly Dirt Music have been fantastic. I should probably pick this up.

I am reading 'Dirt Music' next x