Tunn300's 2015 Reading Adventures

tunn300

Well 2015 is already well into full swing and it's time I started my new book blog. Last year my reading picked up a little from the year before but it still tapered off again towards the end. This year I am determined to try and keep a steady pace of reading throughout the year and visit here much more often. I got really bad at completing my reviews last year and this year to encourage me to keep up I am just going to post a short thread with my thoughts rather than a big review with pictures and synopsis. Hopefully this will help me keep up.

My past book logs can be found here.

2010 - 30 books read (BCF blog - here)

2011 - 39 books read (BCF blog - here)

2012 - 11 books read (BCF blog - here)

2013 - 19 books read (BCF blog - here)

2014 - 24 books read (BCF blog - here)

This year I am not going to list my pile of TBR books nor am I going to limit the amount I can purchase.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Books read in 2015: 21

[Kindle eBooks - 4 Paperbacks - 4 Library Books - 11 Hardbacks - 0] Audiobooks - 2

January

The Rosie Effect - Graeme Simsion - 9/10

Ordinary Thunderstorms - William Boyd - 7/10

Station Eleven - Emily St. John Mandel - 9/10

February

The Book Thief - Markus Zusack - 10/10

The Murder Bag - Tony Parsons - 8/10

The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins - 9/10

March

Second Life - S.J. Watson - 8/10

Fibber in the Heat - Miles Jupp - 8/10

April

So You've Been Publicly Shamed - Jon Ronson - 8/10 (Audiobook)

May

June

Love Among the Stars - Nick Spalding - 7/10

July

The Bees - Laline Paull - 8/10

The Versions of Us - Laura Barnett - 9/10

The Good Luck of Right Now - Matthew Quick - 7/10

Rivers of London - Ben Aaronovitch - 8/10 (Audiobook)

Mr Mercedes - Stephen King - 9/10

August

The Psycopath Test - Jon Ronson - 9/10

Moon over Soho - Ben Aaronovitch - 8/10

The Men Who Stare at Goats - Jon Ronson - 7/10

September

October

Whispers Underground - Ben Aaronovitch - 8/10

November

December

Broken Hones - Ben Aarononvitch - 8/10

Fat Chance - Nick Spalding - 7/10

Edited by tunn300

I presume your blog is ready for posting in (but if not then let me know and I'll delete this comment).  

I really must get hold of The Rosie Project.  I've read so many great reviews of it, and I can see you've rated the second one highly too.  I wonder how much it is on Kindle?!

Hope you have a good year of reading this year.  :)

Happy Reading in 2015! I hope you'll have a good reading year :). I loved The Rosie Project and will be reading The Rosie Effect once it's been released in my preferred paperback format. I look forward to it! I'm glad you liked it a lot.

The thread is indeed open. I did love the Rosie Project last year and the new one is very similar in style with prehaps a bit more humour. Hope you both enjoy it.

I managed to finish Station Eleven late last night. It's a New York Times bestseller and getting lots of attention at the moment. waterstones highlighted it to me by choosing it as their fiction book of the month for January. I can say it certainly lives up to the hype and is a fantastic read.

I have just made a start on The Book Thief, which I have had for years and keep meaning to start. Enjoying it throughly so far.

I hope you have a great reading year. I loved The Book Thief....I hope you like it as much as I did. :smile:

I've had to look up Station Eleven as it's not one I've heard of. Sounds like a great read (I find post-apocalyptic books very interesting) so it's gone onto the wishlist.

I hope you have a great reading year. I loved The Book Thief....I hope you like it as much as I did. :smile:

I've had to look up Station Eleven as it's not one I've heard of. Sounds like a great read (I find post-apocalyptic books very interesting) so it's gone onto the wishlist.

I very highly recommend it. A great read and different more personal take on the genre.

Happy reading, Tunn! I'll be glad to see you around here more often. :)

I'm glad you're reading The Book Thief before seeing the movie. I usually try to do that anyway, but I think it's a particularly good thing to do with this book.

Thanks Nollaig.

I am now into the final hundred pages of 'The Book Thief' and am still throughly enjoying it. Would love to get it finished today but have quite a bit of work to do but hopefully should finish it in the next few days.

Edited by tunn300

Well I got myself hooked into the book last night and couldn't go to bed without finishing it.

The Book Thief is a truly great novel and I really like the style of death as the narrator. I found myself heavily invested in all the characters and enjoyed every second I spent with it. The constant references to what is coming further in the book further built the suspense for me and even when you know what's coming it can still be a real surprise.

I highly recommend this book to any that haven't read it. Don't know why I put it off for so long.

10/10