The Giver Quartet (Spoilers Included)

dtrpath27

Would anyone be interested in doing a read along for The Giver quartet? I just finished reading the first one, but would be happy to read it again so we could all start from square one.

There has been so much positive talk about the first one, but it doesn't seem like many have read on in the series. If anyone is interested in joining in, just let me know. :)

Also, they really are easy (yet amazing, based on the first book) reads and under 200 pages, so I think fairly easy to squeeze in.

Edited by dtrpath27

I'm not in the mood for it right now, and I can't afford to buy the boxset at the moment anyway (~30 euros for 4 books). My library doesn't have any of the books unfortunately. I'd like to read the books some time in the future for sure, but definitely not in the next while. Sorry :(.

I've read the first book in the series and loved it, and I've always meant to read the other novels, so yeah, I'd be interested in a group read of the series! :smile2:

Edit: for the curious people: if you like children's books and/or YA and dystopia, this is definitely a series to read. The first book is brilliant!! I believe it's in my personal must-read books list :) 

Edited by frankie

I'm interested in the Giver Quartet :smile: . Never read Lois Lowry before, but I've order the first of the quartet from the library now. It seems that most people have read the first book, so I will be ready to go reading The Giver sometime next week  :smile: .

Sounds good! There are several who said they would be interested; some have the books and some are working on getting them. I have the first one and am needing the rest. If others are interested, I'll work on getting the next one this weekend. :)

Adding: Just post when you're ready, and when we've all got the first one (and a bit of time ;) ) we'll begin.

Edited by dtrpath27

I started The Giver last night, and I am very intrigued with the book :smile: . I don't think it will take me long to read the whole book, so I will request Gathering Blue from the library too.

Edited by Marie H

I finished The Giver last night, and I'm looking forward to collect the second of the quartet from the library tomorrow. Then I'll see when everyone is ready to start reading.

I haven't started re-reading The Giver yet, as I'm still in the middle of my current read. My mojo's been waning lately, too much stuff in real life to deal with at the moment. Hoping to get into the book soon though! Luckily it's a quick read :) 

I finished the book! :lol:

Haha okay I seem to be the first person ready to talk about it, so I won't say too much until others come along - except, that I loved it. :lol: I have the other three, but I think I'll read something else before I jump into the next book in this quartet.

I finished the book! :lol:

Haha okay I seem to be the first person ready to talk about it, so I won't say too much until others come along - except, that I loved it. :lol: I have the other three, but I think I'll read something else before I jump into the next book in this quartet.

:exc:The Giver was wonderful wasn't it? I'm ready to discuss it, but I'm not sure whether we should use hidden spoilers, or not.