Chaliepud's Reading in 2015.

chaliepud

Hopefully The Phantom Tollbooth will pop up soon, it's another one that I'm not sure why I haven't picked up yet but I almost certainly will this year!   :) I wasn't too thrilled with the box yesterday to be honest, I'm hoping it will be kinder next time.  The kids are taking it in turn to choose a card from the box as they seem to think I will have put all my potential favourites on one colour of card! :D (I haven't but I do remember what colour a few of my favourites are on!  :giggle: )

Hahaha! Your kids obviously know you well. :D It's just as well they'll be choosing from the box then!

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aargh, can't believe I haven't popped in here yet … a very belated happy new reading year for 2015, Hayley.  :readingtwo:  :flowers2:   Oh, and I love your reading box, it's so pretty!

I really must read Jamaica Inn soon.  I loved Rebecca (although not so much The House on the Strand) and I've been promising myself to read more Du Maurier.  Good to see you enjoyed it so much. :)

It was my younger sons selection today and he picked out The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks, I've enjoyed one of his and didn't like another so will have to see what I think of this one.. :) Has anyone else read it?

Edited by chaliepud

It was my younger sons selection today and he picked out The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks, I've enjoyed one of his and didn't like another so will have to see what I think of this one.. :) Has anyone else read it?

I don't own that one and haven't read it, so I'm afraid I can't tell you :(. I did like other books by him, though. I hope you enjoy it.

No, nor any of his other books, but I've seen film adaptations and enjoyed them (especially The Notebook :wub:) and I've often wondered whether to try the books, so I'll be keen to see what you make of it. :)

No, nor any of his other books, but I've seen film adaptations and enjoyed them (especially The Notebook :wub:) and I've often wondered whether to try the books, so I'll be keen to see what you make of it. :)

I've not watched The Notebook but I did watch the one with Zac Efron which was ok.. The Lucky One I think it was.

If the book is decent Claire I will send it to you if you'd like it..?

Edited by chaliepud

I've not watched The Notebook but I did watch the one with Zac Efron which was ok.. The Lucky One I think it was.

Yep, that's The Lucky One I believe. I thought The Notebook was better than The Lucky One though I did like the latter too.

That would be lovely, Hayley. Thanks, I'll definitely look forward to seeing what you think of it now! :D

All finished, a quick easy read, not in the least taxing, I would probably give it a 7/10.. Quite predictable but as I said an easy read. I'll leave it up to you Claire!

I don't blame you, there are books to pass on to friends and there are books for the charity shop.. This is definitely one of the latter. I have one more of his in my Book Box so I think I have some more predictability in my not so distant future!

• 3 weeks later...

HELP REQUIRED!  From Roald Dahl fans in particular!

My 10 year old son is taking part in a Readathon at school for charity, he's not particularly impressed as he's not a fan of the great man, in fact neither am I, so we have read very few of his books!  On the 26th the school in their infinite wisdom have decided the children must dress as a Roald Dahl character, aaargh!!  Has anyone any very simple ideas for a boy who isn't a fan of dressing up at the best of times?! We have no dressing up clothes to speak of, he does have a brown dog onesie but I can't think of any brown dogs in his books! 

Can i just repeat...AAAAAAARGH!!!!! :D