Pets - 2015

frankie

Awww that's sad, Frankie, that you might be allergic :(. I'm allergic to horses and cats (and other things that aren't pets).

I know it's weird.. but I'm a bit afraid of being really close to bunnies and that they bite me. I don't know why. We've had a lot of guinea pigs when I was younger and I was fine with them. We did also have two rabbits, though I was never too close to them. I'm not sure where this fear comes from. I do think bunnies and rabbits look cute, though :).

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching some of the coverage of Crufts over the last couple of days, and can't wait to catch up with last nights programme as it was the terrier group judging, and I love terriers.  If I were to get a pedigree dog, I think it would be a type of terrier.  Clare Balding has been tweeting some photos, and this Welsh terrier is just adorable, and my favourite so far … https://twitter.com/clarebalding/status/574211602637058048

I've been watching some of the coverage of Crufts over the last couple of days, and can't wait to catch up with last nights programme as it was the terrier group judging, and I love terriers.  If I were to get a pedigree dog, I think it would be a type of terrier.  Clare Balding has been tweeting some photos, and this Welsh terrier is just adorable, and my favourite so far … https://twitter.com/clarebalding/status/574211602637058048

Awww, cute! :) Clare Balding's someone who's written a book on animals, right? Ah yes, My Animals and Other Family! :) 

Awww, cute! :) Clare Balding's someone who's written a book on animals, right? Ah yes, My Animals and Other Family! :)

Yes, she's one of the top presenters in the UK, and does a lot of sports coverage including horse racing (her father was a champion horse trainer) as well as the programmes from Crufts.  She has a dog herself, the lovely Archie http://www.clarebalding.co.uk/news/archie---and-other-family

It must have been a rare photograph then, as Clare has previously taken him on Crufts, and from what I remember, he loves the limelight and being the centre of attention! :D  She presents a radio programme called Ramblings, where she goes on a country walk with a group or individual who has a story to tell of their life and why their walking is important to them.  She sometimes takes Archie, and you know when he does, as he always does something he's not supposed to do, and she has to stop talking to sort him out! He looks and sounds adorable. :wub:

:D Maybe Archie knows his other side is his best side and was not happy to pose from this particular side :D Or maybe he lacked a big enough crowd... :D Poor Archie! 

I love it that Clare brings Archie on the show, it sounds like the kind of radio show I'd love to listen to :wub: 

Crufts is great, isn't it  :smile2: My favorite doggie breed is Dandie Dinmont Terrier, and I'm not that fond of dogs, but I would love one or two of those  :jump:

We had a bunny at our pet club last Monday! :smile2: Unfortunately I've discovered during the three bunny visits at the pet club that I'm mighty allergic to them... :( I can't stay in the class room when we have one over. I have to go sit in the hall :D (I bring a book so I can read or I listen to the radio. Let the club host manage the kids :giggle:

Oh that's sad, that you are possibly allergic to bunnies :empathy: . But it has it as a plus side, that you can have some reading time :giggle2:  time 

If anyone wants to watch the action live in the main ring it's all being shown live on YouTube, just type in Crufts Day 4...

Thanks for that tip! I went on youtube and was going to watch but then I noticed this! 

Such clever dogs :wub: :wub: :wub: Awwwwwwwwwwwww!

Edit: Forgot: I thought it was funny that Snoop Dog featured on the first song they played. And I loved it how that one man's dog was getting up at times, when s/he was supposed to stay. :blush::giggle2: So cute! 

Oh that's sad, that you are possibly allergic to bunnies . But it has it as a plus side, that you can have some reading time :giggle2:  time 

I guess using the word 'mighty' led you and Athena to think I might be allergic to them bunnies, but I'm pretty 100% sure that I am :D Yep, reading time is always good time :D Although some of the girls aren't happy with me staying in the hall and some came to play with me on their own :rolleyes::D But I managed about 30 minutes of reading the last time so it was pretty good! 

Edited by frankie

Ah, that was what I thought, that you had a possibility of rabbit allergic reaction, but you were not sure. Aww, and some of the girls decided that you should play, rather than read a book. That's sweet!

Two cats, one dog here. Grew up with dogs, always had two. When I lived with my ex for five years I'd have loved cats but he was allergic.. relationship ended, moved back home. Dad not a cat person but after his death mom wanted cats. Now we have two and I can say, yes I am a CAT person. Love dogs, love animals but I do love my kitty-cats.

Finishing up my studies now, when I have a job and my own home I want at least two cats. Max five. ;)

Edited by Felidae

This is always my favourite bit of Crufts:

These dogs look (and sound!) like they're having so much fun :wub:

It sends Jojo crazy! She would love it but it is far too full on for her, she couldn't cope with all those hyper dogs, plus I don't think it's great for their joints. We'll stick to agility for now! :)

Ah, that was what I thought, that you had a possibility of rabbit allergic reaction, but you were not sure. Aww, and some of the girls decided that you should play, rather than read a book. That's sweet!

It is, isn't it. Only the girl wanted to be a dog and I was supposed to be the owner. You would think that I would love this game, but I don't. It's my least favorite! :D Two girls always do what I tell them to do, and the one girl always always disobeys and sometimes does the  complete opposite. And she's the one who always wants to play the game! And her sister always wants to be the dog who pees on the couch. :rolleyes::D If they all worked as a group, it could be fun, but what with the solo acts, it's too much for me :D 

These dogs look (and sound!) like they're having so much fun 

They are mega excited even when going to the stage! The handlers really need to keep them focused for them not to get all riled up! :D Awwwww such cuties! 

It sends Jojo crazy! She would love it but it is far too full on for her, she couldn't cope with all those hyper dogs, plus I don't think it's great for their joints. We'll stick to agility for now! 

You're such a great dog owner, you know your dog's strengths and weaknesses and plan you two's hobbies according to them :smile2: 

Yesterday I was at the 4H pet club again. One of the girls has a dog, Jeppe, but he's 12 years old and as he's a big dog, the age is getting to him, so the girl's said that her father won't allow Jeppe to come and visit us. Yesterday only three of the girls had arrived on time and we'd taken them to the class room and co-supervisor L stayed with them and started things for the day and I went outside for a few minutes to wait and see if there were any latecomers. N came in late, and when we were talking and she was locking her bike, I saw this big dog and was like 'wow! N, look at the dog!!' and she looked back and said 'yep, that's Jeppe!'. That was Jeppe the dog and the father walking him. Oh he was a-do-ra-ble!!! :wub: He was huge, and he had gray hair on his face, but he had such a gentle face and gentle eyes and he sort of seemed like a puppy! :wub: 

I felt so lucky and blessed to have seen Jeppe, whom the girl has talked so much about it, and at the same time I felt bad that the others hadn't been able to see him :( 

It is, isn't it. Only the girl wanted to be a dog and I was supposed to be the owner. You would think that I would love this game, but I don't. It's my least favorite! :D Two girls always do what I tell them to do, and the one girl always always disobeys and sometimes does the  complete opposite. And she's the one who always wants to play the game! And her sister always wants to be the dog who pees on the couch. :rolleyes::D If they all worked as a group, it could be fun, but what with the solo acts, it's too much for me :D

Oh dear, I nearly peed with laughter myself, reading your post  :D . "Children, I didn't like them when I was one," as Daria would say.  :giggle2:

Oh dear, I nearly peed with laughter myself, reading your post  :D . "Children, I didn't like them when I was one," as Daria would say.  :giggle2:

:D Daria was a good show. I miss the times when MTV had real shows like that. And music! 

I promise, the girls can be a real handful but they are sweet, too. One of the girls has some learning disabilities, and she's not touchy feely like the others are (the others will come and sit on my lap sometimes and they'll grab my legs and not let go and I'm to walk around with them hanging on etc :D), but yesterday when the kids were playing dogs again and I had given in and was sitting on the couch, the girl came to lie on the couch and she put her head on my lap. I didn't dare put my arm around her because she's once said to me not to touch her when I've tried it, but it felt really nice that she's coming around a bit. She doesn't like touch except for when it comes to animals, and fighting with her little sister. But yesterday (I mean Monday) we played this game where one could touch L and try and not get caught, but then the girl started going around and touched other people too and she smiled and it was like she'd discovered something. It felt really nice! :) 

Back to the actual topic... I was reading a paper today while I was waiting for the doctor, and I read that 6 dogs had died mysteriously after Crufts and one of the owners got suspicious and had an autopsy made on the dog and s/he'd been poisoned!  :cry2:  What kind of a sick person would do something like that? Well, I answered my own question: a sick person. I want to poison the people who poison innocent animals.  :censored:

Back to the actual topic... I was reading a paper today while I was waiting for the doctor, and I read that 6 dogs had died mysteriously after Crufts and one of the owners got suspicious and had an autopsy made on the dog and s/he'd been poisoned!  :cry2:  What kind of a sick person would do something like that? Well, I answered my own question: a sick person. I want to poison the people who poison innocent animals.  :censored:

This is so sad :(!

Here's a pic of Winny being an adorable doof last night, then a follow-up pic when I  kicked him off the ottoman so I could turn on the fan. 

10570338_10153216669544669_1353795942625

10422251_10153216751344669_7303160686571

He sure does have a cute "I'm being put out by your needs, mama!" face! :D