Pets - 2015

frankie

Hello everyone! This is the thread to talk about your pets and post pictures if you like :smile2:

(I was looking for the old thread so I could bump it up but it was titled 2014 so I thought I might as well start a new one for this year. I hope that's okay!)

I don't have any pets myself as you all know, but I'm thrilled to be able to say that I have a 'dog sitting' gig in February! :exc: My friend and his husband are going on a cruise and I will be taking care of their two dogs: a Chihuahua and a Jack Russell Terrier. I'm looking forward to that so much you have no idea! :smile2: I'm actually visiting said friend today so I'm meeting the two dogs today, too. I haven't seen them in ages! 

Edited by frankie

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, I know you can :D You know me so well! Friend and OH leave early on a Thursday morning and will come back the next day, Friday evening, after 9 PM. My friend told me I don't have to stay till 9 PM if it's too long for me, I can leave at 4-5 PM if I need. And I'm like, are you kidding? You'll probably have to tell me to bugger off by 11 PM because I ain't leaving until somebody makes me :D :D

Edit: The reason why this is so extra special for me is that even though I can meet my friend and OH and their dogs whenever, I never get to spend any alone time with the dogs. You see, when I'm visiting, I have to talk to my friend and OH and pay attention to them, even though I'd sometimes really wish to just be able to concentrate on the dogs :blush: So I'm super excited about having a chance to spend that time alone with the dogs, not having to divide my attention between the dogs and people. :D It's going to be all about the dogs!! 

Edited by frankie

I wish you so much fun dog sitting :D! It should be a lot of fun :).

Our dogs Pamuk and Boris are doing well. The goats are doing allright, William seems to not walk much anymore due to his leg / paw (but the vet doesn't know what's wrong with it). The chicken seem fine but I feel there might be a few missing compared with a while ago. The zijdehoenders (or 'silkies'? chicken), are getting tamer, three out of four dare to eat bread or such out of my hand. Whenever they see me they come running, hoping I have something nice for them. It's really cute.

He'd snuggle you like crazy then beg you for treats. :D Yours looks like a little moo cow. I love moo kittehs! My boyfriend has a tiny green eyed tabby who he found in a shelter a couple years ago. She's full grown but is only about 5-6 lbs and has a broken lawn mower in her throat. You so much as poke her and she starts purring louder than any garbage disposal I've ever heard!  :giggle:  When we Skype with each other the cats tend to jump up and stare at each other through the computer.  :giggle:

You're lucky. :) My parents divorced when I was a kid and my mom doesn't like animals, but when I was about 12 my dad found a black kitten in the hood of his truck during winter and decided to keep him. He and the dog my grandparents kept for us grandkids, a teacup poodle named Lady, are the pets I treasure from childhood :) 

My dad married a PETA vegan animal activist and now they have 5 large dogs, 2 cats and she's trying to convince him to allow her to have goats (they have 12 acres of land). Here's my absolute favorite pic of the dogs. 

10455744_10204147759711850_4315754326508

1010122_10203353981547892_2142212821_n.j

There's no way to walk into my dad and stepmom's house and walk out without fur on you, lol. 

Ha ha ha that's amazing. I'd love to have a place with loads of animals knocking about. I want a pig for sure, super intelligent and sooooo cute. I've never had a dog but I would need to make sure I had the time to walk it properly before I got one.

Goats however are another story. I spent a weekend with some goats and the smell, eugh!

Pigs are cute. My stepmom is obsessed with one called Esther the Wonder Pig (Google her, she's super cute) and keeps posting stuff about her to my FB. She even has a vegan food page, lol! I love the little pygmy goats. They're such cute little jerks! I can't help but laugh when they do their little goat popcorn dances. :D 

Animals are great, but you walk into my dad and stepmom's place and dog fur tumbleweeds roll through in every room. Its a looot of fur to keep up with! They're lucky they have an acerage, although the dogs (one of the big German Shepherds in particular) love to go swimming in the neighbor's cows' water trough. And roll in cow poop. And get skunked. 

Esther is gorgeous and just reaffirms my desire to have a pig in residence :)

I stayed with the Massai for one weekend and they herded a bunch of goats a few miles away from the village one day. All the baby goats were kept in a wooden cage in the center. When the goats came back it was mayhem and all the goats where crying for their mothers/babies. They let the little ones out and in about 2 mins it was all silent. Goats can tell each other apart from their cries so once they found each other it was still. It was cute but like I said, the smell...

Ewwwww. Sounds like a lot of cleaning goes on in your dad's place ;)

Aww, Eddie and Winston are sooo adorable!  :wub:

I really want another cat but don't know if I'm ready for a permanent addition to my little family, so I'm considering becoming a foster carer for cats looking for their furrever homes. It will help save a few lives, and Jasper and I will have some extra company for short bursts of time. :) I'm going away for a few days soon, so I'll look into it when I get back.

Aww, Eddie and Winston are sooo adorable!  :wub:

I really want another cat but don't know if I'm ready for a permanent addition to my little family, so I'm considering becoming a foster carer for cats looking for their furrever homes. It will help save a few lives, and Jasper and I will have some extra company for short bursts of time. :) I'm going away for a few days soon, so I'll look into it when I get back.

I read this in the PM of course but haven't had time to get back to you yet. But I think it's a fabulous idea! :smile2: You and Jasper will have more company and I know how you like them furry ball kitties <3 And you will help the kitties before they hopefully find their forever home  :friends3:

That does sound quite nice, and you'd be helping people and cats out :)!

Personally though, I think I would find it quite hard to part with them again :blush2:. But if you do do it, it's a very admirable thing to do, and it would mean you wouldn't have a permanent addition 24/7 in your house :).

Thanks gals. :) If I suddenly start posting lots of pictures of cats here or on Facebook, you'll know I've gone overboard and need an intervention to stop me from adopting more cats.  :blush2:

Want Winny? He's been whining all day because I gave him wet food yesterday and now he thinks he needs it every day. With treats. And normal dry food. And a golden altar dedicated to himself.